When Infrastructures Crumble

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Bill Hankey

Post by Bill Hankey »

Bo Legg,

I appreciate your candid response. Your analogic family tree is fascinating, due to its elemental truthfulness. It isn't difficult to relate to becoming the head of a family "tree". A series of deep-seated concerns may develop that would in fact curtail musical plans.
Bill Hankey

Post by Bill Hankey »

Remaining looped into your limitations, and ascertaining one's potential is not that difficult. Amazing feats are usually followed by more feats, only a bit more incredible! Quickness of making note selections on stringed instruments has become popular with several musicians, with extremely fast fingers. The "Guinness Book Of Records" (I believe) has entered such claims in their publication. It's very much like those offering advice on health matters. One prescribes 64 oz. of water daily, while another recommends 8 hours of sleep. Hello! The two prescribed directives are simply out of the question, if assigned to me. The point that I'm attempting to make goes thusly; Guinness may have "Overlooked an orchid" while searching for a rose. I declare that music is about the sustaining quality of notes, rather than a blur of staccato patterns.