New Year's Eve w/Con Hunley

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Herby Wallace

New Year's Eve w/Con Hunley

Post by Herby Wallace »

If anyone happens to be in the Pigeon Forge area for New Year's Eve, I will be working again with Con Hunley. We are working a new venue this year which is the Music Road Hotel Convention Center. Of course, Con is one of the finest singers I have ever worked with, so believe me you won't be disappointed hearing him sing. Also, the band is first class all the way and some of the finest musicians in the area.

I hope to see some of you there.

Herby Wallace

------------------
Pat Jenkins

Post by Pat Jenkins »

Hey Herby, do you know what time the show starts and ticket prices?

Pat

Waltzing Through A Rock And Roll Life!!
Herby Wallace

Post by Herby Wallace »

Dear Pat,

I'm not sure what time the show starts, but I do know there are four acts all together. I am not sure either about the ticket price, but a friend of mine who is coming, said the price was $60.00, but of course every show is more on New Year's Eve. The phone number of the Music Road Hotel is: 865/429-7700.

I hope to see you there.

Herby Wallace

------------------
Jim Saunders

Post by Jim Saunders »

Herby, I agree with you on Con's singing. If he just does, "You Still Have a Place in My Heart", that would be worth the price of admission. With you playing backup it would be worth double the price! Have fun.
Herby Wallace

Post by Herby Wallace »

Yes Jim,

The first time I did a rehearsal with Con we did You've Still Got A Place In My Heart and I just about lost it. This was about 8 or 9 years ago and it blew me away as I had forgot that there were still some singers that had soul and feeling as this is very rare today. I have never played with a singer who had anymore soul than Con. To show you how Con is to work for, he sang with me in St. Louis at the Convention in 2001 and he let me pick the tunes for him to sing, and of course the above mentioned tune was in that list.

Herby Wallace

------------------
Herb Steiner

Post by Herb Steiner »

I have to second what Brother Herby says about Con Hunley. I backed him up in Texas about 20 years ago, and I remember being blown away by his singing and feeling "if Ray Charles was a white guy, he'd probably sing like Con Hunley." IMHO, he and T. Graham Brown are the best out there at that style. I wouldn't hesitate to go to that show if I was a Tennessee resident.

------------------
Herb's Steel Guitar Pages
Texas Steel Guitar Association

Joe Casey

Post by Joe Casey »

And theres his super style doing"no relief in sight" The only version other than Willie Rainsfords version worth listening to.Now get Curtis Potter and Johnny Bush added to the show and we will be there at any price even if it is an 9 hour drive..

------------------
Smiley 15-4 Crank&pull pro model Deluxe with auto string changer.200 ft. roll.

Ben Lawson

Post by Ben Lawson »

Herby it was good to see you at the PSGA show in Ct. The Jagwires are everything they are said to be but I still can't play like you.
When Con sings "They Never Lost You", it just makes you feel like you know how he feels.
We're off New Years eve, but we have to work at Ballys in Atlantic City on Jan. 1 so it probably will just be the band bartenders and waitresses.
I wish we could be there with you, have a great show.<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Ben Lawson on 05 December 2004 at 06:01 PM.]</p></FONT>
Mike Archer

Post by Mike Archer »

HERBY
GLAD TO SEE YOU WORKING WITH CON AGAIN!!
I WORKED WITH THE DAVE FRIDAY BAND AND
FRONTED CON A FEW TIMES HE IS GREAT AND SO ARE YOU MY BEST TO ALL
FOLKS DONT MISS THIS SHOW!
MIKE A
Pat Jenkins

Post by Pat Jenkins »

We just got our tickets to this show, a great way to bring in the new year, looking forward to it.

Pat

Waltzing Through A Rock And Roll LIfe!!
Mike Beeler

Post by Mike Beeler »

Hey Herby,
Thanks for plugging Con's show on New Years Eve. We are going to have a great time. The show starts at 8:00pm and the doors open at 7:30pm.
Mike Beeler
IMMI Records (Con's label)

Sho-Bud Pro II Custom - Session 400
Tom Pickett Jr

Post by Tom Pickett Jr »

Hey mr. Wallace,
when you said the best singer , you surely must have been talking about the men, and not the women, like dolly or sketter ????
LOL
hahaha
see ya waterloo Mr.