2- or 3-neck Fender Stringmaster

Post here if you're looking for something special
Melody Anderson

2- or 3-neck Fender Stringmaster

Post by Melody Anderson »

I am interested in buying a 2- or 3-neck Fender Stringmaster preferably up to 1965. I'm starting to play - not a collector, but want one of the best! I haven't been able to get in on the eBay action lately - keep getting outbid at last second by those collectors!!

Thanks!
Melody Anderson
Ron Victoria

Post by Ron Victoria »

Look here under instruments FS. There's a post with various Fenders listed.

Ron
Melody Anderson

Ron,

thanks for the quick reply! I looked under the post first, but didn't see the years listed. If you could help me learn how to figure out the year from the serial number, that would be just great!

Thanks!
Ron Victoria

Post by Ron Victoria »

The s/n's don't tell the story. Some of the styles and cases indicate approx year but I'm not good in this area. The pot numbers can be used or the actual penciled in date under the tuning pan is a sure thing.

Ron
Joseph Barcus

Post by Joseph Barcus »

I know of one but the guy is firm for 2000.00 its not the blonde one it has three necks. If its something you may have a interest in let me know. but he wont give like I said the 2000 is firm. Joe
Lorren White

Post by Lorren White »

Melody, you have e-mail
Nick Reed

Post by Nick Reed »

Melody,
Have you been out to the Stringmaster Farm yet Image

Image <font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Nick Reed on 09 November 2006 at 08:58 PM.]</p></FONT>
Melody Anderson

Wot, the folks on this forum are just great! I knew this was the place to be! :-)

Joe - thanks for the information. I was really looking for the blonde, but will consider the brown. Can you have your contact send me a pic or two?

Lorren - haven't seen your email yet.

Nick - WHOA!! What more can I say? Image What do you feed those things?? Are they all yours, or are you looking to part with one of the herd?

Melody
Bob Hoffnar

Post by Bob Hoffnar »

My advice is if you find one don't kick tires or think about it too much. Spend the money and get it. I found a 58 D8 (short scale) that was a bit beat up about 6 or 7 years ago. I paid over market for it because it was the exact model and year I wanted. The money becomes less of an issue every year and I have a steel that is perfect. The new ones do not have the honk those old fenders have. Nothing comes close and they don't make them anymore.

To make myself clear. By newer ones I mean newer brands. Any Fender stringmaster is an old guitar at this point !

There is that 2 or 3 year period with the swamp ash thing but that is pretty subjective.

------------------
Bob
upcoming gigs
My Website

<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Bob Hoffnar on 11 November 2006 at 11:38 AM.]</p></FONT>
Joseph Barcus

Post by Joseph Barcus »

Melody,
I will get thos pics for you Monday. Joe
Nick Reed

Post by Nick Reed »

Melody,
That harvest of guitars on the Stringmaster farm is not mine. The picture below is my wife Linda with her newly refurbished '57 Fender Stringmaster. She's a beginner player and her mentor is Cindy Cashdollar.
Nick