Clipon Music Stand

Post here if you're looking for something special
Robert Bird

Clipon Music Stand

Post by Robert Bird »

Does anybody know where I can get a music stand that clips onto the steel guitar frame. If so, could you respond on the forum or call me at 607-865-2255
Paddy Long

Post by Paddy Long »

14'Zumsteel Hybrid D10 9+9
08'Zumsteel Hybrid D10 9+9
94' Franklin Stereo D10 9+8
Telonics, Peterson, Steelers Choice, Benado, Lexicon, Red Dirt Cases.
Pete Conklin

Post by Pete Conklin »

Roger Rettig

Post by Roger Rettig »

I love the 'Accommodator'! If I'm doing a theatre show or any sort of pit-job then a music-stand is vital, and a regular one stands too far away from your steel.

A word to the wise, though - the velcro straps are pretty good, but not infallable. If I'm going to be set up for any length of time on a job (usually the case with my work) I've learned to reinforce the velcro with a pair of those plastic cable-ties. Once they're on there you can put almost anything on the stand and it'll take the weight - music, newspapers, sandwiches, telephone directories... :D

That's a great price from Scotty's, by the way - I paid more than that for mine and that was ten years ago!!!

PS: I recently lost the plexiglass part of the stand - I don't know how, but I must have left it in the Theatre in Virginia Beach when I was 'Patsying' there back in March. I found a local company who work in plastics and they replicated the one I'd lost and it's holding up well; it cots me $50, but that was cheaper than buying the whole set-up all over again....
Roger Rettig - Emmons D10
(8+9: 'Day' pedals) Williams SD-12 (D13th: 8+6), Quilter TT-12, B-bender Teles and several old Martins.
----------------------------------
Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

Tom Bradshaw also sells a clip on stand.
Robert Bird

clipon music stand

Post by Robert Bird »

Thanks for responding. I just ordered mine from Scottys, and was told it's the last one.
Roger Rettig

Post by Roger Rettig »

...And I didn't know they made the Accommodator in that half-size configuration! I'm have DeWitt send me one - it'll be great as a stand-by!
(8+9: 'Day' pedals) Williams SD-12 (D13th: 8+6), Quilter TT-12, B-bender Teles and several old Martins.
John McClung

Post by John McClung »

Unless things have changed, as of about 2 years ago the person who fabricated the Accommodators for Don Curtis at Scotty's retired, and they are no longer available. They're great racks, too, I sold quite a few to students who all loved them.

I believe Tom Bradshaw's are currently available.
E9 INSTRUCTION
▪️ If you want to have an ongoing discussion, please email me, don't use the Forum messaging which I detest! steelguitarlessons@earthlink.net
Roger Rettig

Post by Roger Rettig »

John

I think they're pretty much out of stock now. I'm having the half-size one sent to me, which will leave just one. There are none of the full-length ones left.

By the way - the one I've had for about nine years came from Emmons; maybe they still have some left.
Al Risbeck

stands

Post by Al Risbeck »

The One I have should be back in stock next week, those are the ones that fold up and have a case that will go in your pedal and legs compartment.
Al
Paddy Long

Post by Paddy Long »

Roger I have one of the smaller half sized ones and it's ideal for sessions etc ....and it fits in my pac-seat too!

I have found that it's not that great for shows where you might have 2 or 3 sheet wide charts though - thats where the big one would come into it's own.
14'Zumsteel Hybrid D10 9+9
08'Zumsteel Hybrid D10 9+9
94' Franklin Stereo D10 9+8
Telonics, Peterson, Steelers Choice, Benado, Lexicon, Red Dirt Cases.