'' O.S.G.A. ( Ohio ) Steel Jam ''.

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Marvin Born

Post by Marvin Born »

They are already in the truck. I just have to remember my steel. It was too cold to load it tonight.

Marvin
LARRY COLE

Post by LARRY COLE »

Kenny, I work Saturdays. Hopefully that will change soon.
Rick is so mean to me too. I don't remind him how ugly he is, I try to overlook it.
KENNY KRUPNICK

Post by KENNY KRUPNICK »

:D
KENNY KRUPNICK

Post by KENNY KRUPNICK »

I guess we'll have to find another eatin' place. Los Comparos has too many "crickets" runing around down there if you know what I mean. :whoa:
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

Larry
Good to see you on the Forum.
I know you miss me. ;-)

Rick

www.rickjohnsoncabs.com
Gary Preston

Post by Gary Preston »

:D Larry needs to be a better shot ! :lol:
Gary Preston

Post by Gary Preston »

I just want to say thank you to everyone that came and played on the jam . We had Lonnie Wells , Tammy James , Kenny Krupnick , Steve Black ,Sonny Curtis ,Leland Darst ,Gary Phillips ,Marvin Born ,and myself on pedal steel . Then we had two great lap steel players and they are Marshall Looney ,Wilson Brinkley ,they are the best on lap steel i have ever heard .We had a great backup band . They are Ed Mason on drums ,Joe Weber on lead and bass guitar also Todd Meadows on bass guitar ,Victor Wolfe on piano ,along with Gary Steele singing a few songs for us along with Joe and,Victor and a new gentleman but his name escapes me at this time ,but everyone did a great job for us .I might add also that Jamie Maxwell who is new to steel guitar got his feet wet on a few songs . This is the last jam of the year and we want to thank everyone that made the 2009 year a great success for the O.S.G.A. I might say that we are planning something new for the 2010 year so come out and see if you like it . I know i have already said this but i want to say it one more time our backup band is laying down some great backup music for us to play to ,great job guys . Also a huge thank you to all that helped in any way to make our jams a success . Well done guys . Our next thing is a Christmas dinner at Hometown Buffet on December 5th at 5:00pm . This is located at West Broad and Wilson Rd . on the west side of Columbus . I will get the complete address as so as i can . Hope to see a huge crowd for the dinner ,also we will be talking about what direction we want to go in 2010 . Best regards to all . G.P.
Stephen Karney

Post by Stephen Karney »

Hi folks,
I just wanted to tell everyone that I had a great time at the jam and thank you for making me feel welcome. I met some great people and players, and you guys even let me sit in and play some guitar, so thank you! I look forward to making it out to another jam down there sometime, and hopefully sitting in on steel by then.

Best regards,

Stephen
Gary Preston

Post by Gary Preston »

:D Hey Steven . Thanks so much for coming ,we appreciated it very much . You can sit in any time you want as we are happy to have new folks come and be with us . Thanks again . G.P.
KENNY KRUPNICK

Post by KENNY KRUPNICK »

We all had a great time Saturday at the jam. :D Steve Karney, come back again and be with us.I understand you're from up around the Cleveland area?
If you like fried chicken, then come out to Hometown Buffet,they have some of the best! :D
KENNY KRUPNICK

Post by KENNY KRUPNICK »

Everyone ready for the dinner coming up at Hometown Buffet? :D
Gary Preston

Post by Gary Preston »

:D Yes Kenny we are ready . :P