SWSGA 2010 Show !!!!!!! (Arizona)

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Rick Jackson

SWSGA 2010 Show !!!!!!! (Arizona)

Post by Rick Jackson »

It seems to be coming on quickly now, a little under 3 months and the incredible Phoenix show will be happening! As always, great music, great players and great fellowship and don't forget it is usually in the 70 degrees that time of year!! See the attached flyer for the details...rj
Billy Easton

Post by Billy Easton »

Rick...
You are right...it will be here before we know it; I have confirmed Doug Jernigan, Jim Cohen, Chuck Lettes and Jim Stalhut, Bill Stafford, Bobby Bowman,Tommy Dodd, Frank Carter, Mike Perlowin, Austin Stewart and Jerry Newberry, Big Jim Barron and a lot of others. Still working with several other world class players to see if their schedule will work. Don't miss out on the biggest and best steel show west of Dallas. Contact the club via the website for tickets and make your hotel reservations today. Mention the SWSGA for a special rate.

Billy Easton
Las Vegas, NV
Last edited by Billy Easton on 28 Oct 2009 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jerry Lee Newberry

Post by Jerry Lee Newberry »

I have my reservations already. We are looking forward to this show. Looks like Austin's dad Randy will get to come with us this year. This is always a great show. Thanks for the invite.

Donna & Jerry
Troy Porter

Post by Troy Porter »

Rick...Nice job on the flyer. Looks like this will be another great show and it's all happening here in sunny Arizona. Billy is putting another fantastic lineup of great players together with the best backup band in the country so you don't want to miss this one. There will be several "NEW" vendors this year along with all the vendors that have been there in the past to help support the show.
If anyone needs information on vendor tables, program ad's or anything I might be able to help you with, you can email me at troyporter@cableone.net.
Meanwhile, If you happen to be in the area, come on down to the SWSGA fall Jam. It will be at the Grace Inn, (same place as the Jan. show) This Jam will be open to the public. Just come on down and pick with us.
Ron Sodos

Made my hotel reservations last night

Post by Ron Sodos »

Can't wait guys. We always have such a great time at the Phoenix show. Looking forward. Of course practicing hard so my playing is acceptable for you guys....
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

I have my reservations about this show. ;-)
Darvin Willhoite

Post by Darvin Willhoite »

I missed this show last year for the first time since it started, I'm not planning on missing 2010. I've already started checking on flights.
Darvin Willhoite
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.
b0b

Post by b0b »

The flyer has a picture of my 1978 Sierra Olympic! :D

Hey Billy, is Bobby Black gonna be there?
-𝕓𝕆𝕓- (admin) - Robert P. Lee - Recordings - Breathe - D6th - Video
Paul Polish

Post by Paul Polish »

Ms Dee and I are already planning on this trip. We look forward to the Phoenix show. "Always" a lot of fun and a very relaxed atmosphere. And I LIKE the free breakfast. :D

See you there....Good Lord willin'
Paul
Bill Stafford

Thanks

Post by Bill Stafford »

Really appreciate this invation to be part of one of the best shows. Thanks so much. See you all soon. (Tilley has put a song from my new CD on his site-"My Mother's Eyes" and should you give it a listen, pay attention to the VIOLINIST-Clinton Gregory-as he plays so good. (Just could not call it a fiddle-lol).
Bill Stafford
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

Paul Polish wrote:"Always" a lot of fun and a very relaxed atmosphere. And I LIKE the free breakfast.
Typical drummer: will drive 1,000 miles and spend $200 on gas to get a free meal. ;)
Joe Naylor

Post by Joe Naylor »

The show is shapping up and looks like bigger and better again.

Glad to see all the players that have confirmed to play.

Everyone always has a great time.

Joe Naylor
steelseat.com
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP
Frank Harris

swsga

Post by Frank Harris »

Please Bump Hope to be there sounds like a good one coming up
b0b

Post by b0b »

Will Bobby Black be there?
-𝕓𝕆𝕓- (admin) - Robert P. Lee - Recordings - Breathe - D6th - Video
David Wright

Post by David Wright »

Rebecca And I will be there, missed it last year, :? ...See YA ! All There..

J.C. Lets not talk about Drummer Boy like that.. ;-)
Troy Porter

Post by Troy Porter »

David, we missed ya last year. Glad to hear you are coming this time. Come on out a day early and we will go out to mexican food with Fessy. also, will you email me with your ph #. need to talk to you befor the show. troyporter@cableone.net.
Billy Easton

Post by Billy Easton »

A few more have confirmed their participation in the show. Looks like we can count on David Wright, Bill Stafford, Mike Perlowin and company, Jonathan Candler, Mickey Adams, Big Jim Baron, Tommy Dodd, Chuck Lettes, Fred Justice and who knows how many more!! Don't miss this one folks, this is still the biggest steel guitar show west of Dallas!

Billy Easton
Las Vegas, NV
Janice Brooks

Post by Janice Brooks »

My main assistant for my Live 365 station lives in Phoenix and I'll have air miles. I'll give it serious thought.
Mickey Adams

Post by Mickey Adams »

Yup...Im IN!!!!>Just talked to my friend Billy..Looking forward to seeing you all!!>.Specially you Paul Foster!! You better be there!
ARTIST RELATIONS: MSA GUITARS
2017 MSA LEGEND XL D10, S10, Studio Pro S12 EXE9
Mullen G2, Rittenberry S10, Infinity D10, Zumsteel 8+9
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!
Joe Naylor

Post by Joe Naylor »

More planning will be going into the show at the jam next weekend.

I am hearing from lots and lots of folks that are going to be there - some added new players this year for the show.

Hope to see you at the jam and we will be announcing some additional things after the jam.

Joe Naylor
steelseat.com
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP
Frank Harris

swsga

Post by Frank Harris »

Please Bump for great info
Chris Caruso

Post by Chris Caruso »

Jessie and I will be making the trip this year. We can't wait! We'll also be scoping out Arizona for a possible future move!
Ray Harrison

Post by Ray Harrison »

Looking forward to another great show. This is one of the most relaxed shows, but loaded with talent.................
Ray Harrison
Bass/sing/Love PSG
77 Stingray/Kiesel 5 string bass
Telonics , Fender Rumble500, Polytone Amps
D-16 Martin, 1970 Ovation guitars
Terry Bethel

Mr. Tillis

Post by Terry Bethel »

If my boss man doesn't book anymore dates in January, I'll be there too!!!
Looking forward to playing your great show again,
Terry
www.ozarksteelguitar.com
www.terrybethelmusic.com
D-10 Mullen G2 9 x 9, 2-D-10 Bethels 9x9 , 2= Nashville 112's, a Walker Stereo steel Amp Hilton VP, Hardwire Reverb with Lexicon Reverb Peavy Pro Fex II Peavey Digital power amp with effects.Sarno Black Box

Other than that, I ain't doin' nothin'...
Jack Francis

Post by Jack Francis »

b0b...it appears as though no one wants to answer your question about Bobby Black being here again this year....I dunno either...sorry :\

Chuck Back will be there! :D