Are d-10's going out?

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Terry Winter

Post by Terry Winter »

I hope c6th is here to stay as after many years of E9th I bought a D-10 about a year ago and a whole new world of sounds and licks opened up to me. :D :!:
Terry
Michael Strauss

Post by Michael Strauss »

Fred Glave wrote: I think if I were younger, the U12 would probably be a good thing.
My first steel was a S10 Market-Rite kit 3+1 I only played for a year or two. 30 years later when I got the bug I got a Carter U12. Not remembering anything about playing the steel, there was no preconceived notions on how to play. What I am trying to say is for someone starting out a U12 is a great way to go. Going from the E9 side to the C6 is a no brainer as how you play a U12 is all you know.
Most of my practicing is on my Carter and when i sit down at my LDG that seems strange. The neck is far away, so are the pedals.
I would worry more about the future of Pedal Steel then the amount of necks. The cost of the equipment, the lack of bands using PSG and of course the difficulty in learning (even with all the excellent training material available) makes me wonder. Just my 2c.
Carter S-12U, Sho-Bud LGD (80's), Fender Jazz King, Korg Pandora Toneworks PX4D, Modulus Q6, Ampeg B5R, Lapstick Travel Guitar mod to lapsteel
Bob Simons

Post by Bob Simons »

Is there any particular reason why the C6 neck is the closest and the E9 neck is the furthest on a D10?
Zumsteel U12 8-5, MSA M3 U12 9-7, MSA SS 10-string, 1930 National Resonophonic, Telonics Combo, Webb 614e, Fender Steel King, Mesa Boogie T-Verb.
Jimmie Martin

D-10

Post by Jimmie Martin »

6 comes before 9. Just kidding. I couldn't resist. :lol:
Mitch Ellis

Post by Mitch Ellis »

John Drury wrote:My guitar is an SD-10, E9th in front, and a pad on the rear.

There have been times when I've thought about just going ahead and putting a pad on the front as well.
:lol: I know the feeling, John! :D

Mitch