Wonderful cd by"Cowboy" Eddie Long

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Randy Mason

Wonderful cd by"Cowboy" Eddie Long

Post by Randy Mason »

I've been hearing this cd at a gig on breaks called "I've Been Everywhere Man" and really like it.
Kevin Grantt on upright bass and Randy Hardison on drums, great sound and songs like "Just Between You and ME, I Won't Mention It Again, I never knew much about his playing, but this cd is great. It's produced by Robbie Turner.
Jerry Overstreet

Post by Jerry Overstreet »

Eddie Long can hang with the best of 'em. 2 years ago at the ISGC he smoked "Jackson" and played an hugely emotional rendition of "Ghost In This House". I'll be checking out the CD. Thanks for the heads up.
bob drawbaugh

Post by bob drawbaugh »

Randy,

You are right! it a very good CD. I got it a year or so a go. There's something different about Cowboys playing. The song Jackson just blows me away. If you hear Cowboy play this song there is no dought who his hero was.
George Crickmore

Post by George Crickmore »

You guys should hear him on Jamey Johnson's That lonesome song cd... It is some of the best sounding steel you will ever hear.
Excel S-10,2 Williams 700 Universals,Jackson Blackjack Custom,, Goodrich LDR2 & Hilton Vol pedals,Monster 3500pro power conditioner, Morgan SW100 amp & Cab
Brett Day

Post by Brett Day »

George Crickmore wrote:You guys should hear him on Jamey Johnson's That lonesome song cd... It is some of the best sounding steel you will ever hear.
I love the steel on that cd. "Cowboy" is playin' his BMI on the record.

Brett
David OBrien

Cowboy Eddie Lang

Post by David OBrien »

On the Jamey Johnson cd you really need put put the headphones on and listen all the great steel parts and how their mixed. They use the old Hendrix techique of floating the from left to right to create a nice swirling sound.
Derby,Stage One Steel,EH-150 Lap Steel,Tele,Strat,Session 400,Nashville 112