Louisville Metro Steel Guitar Club Hall Of Fame Show Oct.11

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Bob Callaway

Louisville Metro Steel Guitar Club Hall Of Fame Show Oct.11

Post by Bob Callaway »

My sincerest thanks to the players: Sharon Denny, Chris Castle, Dewitt Scott, Ron Elliott, Lynn Owsley, Billy Robinson, Don Curtis, Wayne Hobbs, Chubby Howard, and Rusty Rhoads. Your participation and great playing made this an outstanding show. Thanks to the band: Judy Brummett, Gary Talbert, Witchita, Dean Enboten and Ron Browning. Thanks to the singers: Glen Phillips, Amber Martin and you won't believe it, Al Vanderpool. Thank you so much to Carl Flick who provided and ran a great sound system. Also a big thanks to all who helped with the set up and moving of instruments. Without your help there would not have been a show. If I missed anyone, please forgive me!

Deep Appreciation,

Bob
Derby D10 Serial No.8 - Derby 10 String Lap Steel
pair Nashville 112s
President of Louisville Metro Steel Guitar Club
Member LMSGC, NTSGA, ASGA, OzarkSGA, PSGA,
www.BobCallaway
Richard Douthitt

Post by Richard Douthitt »

An honor to work with these treasured steel players!

ImageRichard "Wichita" Douthitt
--------
Derby D10 8&5, Nashville 112, Fender Twins, Custom Telecasters. Genz Benz Tubeworks custom amps, Seymour Duncans, Peterson Tuners, and Core One Cables
Danny Hammers
Location: Danny & Patricia of Floral City, Florida formerly of Fairdale KY.

Post by Danny Hammers »

WOW!
The show just gets better every year.

It was so good to see Boogie in Fairdale
He look good and seem to have a great time.

Thanks Donna and God Bless you all
Donna, If you need this picture in a better res. let me know

Photo courtesy of Jim Nelligan

Danny
Gibson Console Grand D8 - Weenick DT-10 - Dynalap S8 - TriboTone Bars
Nashville 112s - Vegas 400
Member:
Life Member of R.O.P.E. (Reunion Of Professional Entertainers) , NTSGA, GaSGA, PSGA, ASGA, MSGC, LMSGC, OzarkSGA
Don E. Curtis

players names...

Post by Don E. Curtis »

Hey Richard it was an honor to pick with you! You are very talented for sure. I had a great time and the folks there are all so very nice and the food is good too!
In case you can't/don't recognize everyone here is the lineup, seated, left to right: Billy Robinson, Ron Elliott, DeWitt "Scotty" Scott & Chubby Howard...and standing left to right: Lynn Owsley, Wayne Hobbs, Rusty Rhoads, Sharon Denny & me...Chris Castle had to leave early.
See ya'll in Lexington next month!
Steelingly Yours,
Don E. Curtis
Chris Castle

Post by Chris Castle »

Aww man!! I missed the pictures, shucks!! :(

those would have been real keepsakes.. but nevertheless the memories are still there...

thanks to everyone who came, thanks to all the fine pickers, thanks to Bob, Dee, and everyone else who helped make the show possible... also thanks to the band - FANTASTIC JOB!!

I'm glad everyone had a great time... I love it wwhen we have fun at steel shows...

and of course i have to think Margit Stepp (my adopted sister :lol: ) for being there and for everything she has done for me and my family and every other person who has ever picked
Derby steel. I did manage to remember her birthday present this year :D

thanks again to all of you, my friends... I can't wait for next year and I hope to see you all again soon.

god bless

-chris castle
Mullen G-2,, derby d-10 rosewood 9&7, derby sd-10 black/birdseye, peavey 1000 and 112, hilton vp, walker seat
Richard Douthitt

Re: players names...

Post by Richard Douthitt »

Don E. Curtis wrote:Hey Richard it was an honor to pick with you! You are very talented for sure. I had a great time and the folks there are all so very nice and the food is good too!
In case you can't/don't recognize everyone here is the lineup, seated, left to right: Billy Robinson, Ron Elliott, DeWitt "Scotty" Scott & Chubby Howard...and standing left to right: Lynn Owsley, Wayne Hobbs, Rusty Rhoads, Sharon Denny & me...Chris Castle had to leave early.
See ya'll in Lexington next month!
Steelingly Yours,
Don E. Curtis
Don I had a ball, enjoyed finally getting to pick with you too, your an animal man!!!!See ya in St. Louis next year if not somewhere sooner!
ImageRichard "Wichita" Douthitt
--------
Derby D10 8&5, Nashville 112, Fender Twins, Custom Telecasters. Genz Benz Tubeworks custom amps, Seymour Duncans, Peterson Tuners, and Core One Cables
Chris Caruso

Post by Chris Caruso »

Sounds like you guys had a great time. Wish I was there!
Donna Sherrard Williams

Post by Donna Sherrard Williams »

I just want to say a big sincere thank you to all of you who made Sunday so special for my Boogie-Dad. He was humbled and honored that so many people were glad to see him! You see with his dementia, he forgets names but he knew your faces... he was so touched by the warmth shown to him... you see, he also forgets these days how many hundreds of shows he has picked on and backed up steel pickers on... he was truly touched by the sincere hugs and handshakes that he received Sunday... Dad is truly a humble man and even before the dementia did not think of himself as special... but I always knew... and I have always been so proud of the admiration he has been given over the years from fellow pickers and just regular folks and fans....and for the many who wanted to take his picture or to just speak to him... it really did lift his spirits and made me, as usual, very proud to be "Boogie's daughter" and I just want to say again thank you to all of you for making this past Sunday a very special day indeed for myself, Dad and Mom Jeanie... little things truly do mean so much .... bless you all for loving "Boogie" :) God Bless each and everyone of you!

PS:
DANNY thank you so very much for that photo.... and if anyone has any other Boogie pictures from Sunday, I would love to see them :)

CHUBBY thank you so much for those beautiful words to and about dad as we were leaving.... God bless you!

DEE bless you for that picture of Dad at the Club in July picking Terry Wisdom's Derby.... although I missed that show, and we didn't have it on tape, I was SO happy that dad was able to pick the Steel. again.. even if for just that one day.... and he proudly displayed the picture on their Entertainment center above the TV as soon as he got home.... :)

GLEN "PHILLARD"... you know how special a friend you are and have always been to Dad.... he appreciated you hangin' with him... and walking him around Sunday... he felt safe in your company... Thanks again... Love from the Sherrards :)
Jaynette Mondie

Post by Jaynette Mondie »

Bob - you really did a great job putting everything together. I think it was a great time for all! I am sure Charlie is looking down saying "Hey Bud - you did good". Thanks again for everything!

Margit Stepp & Family
Derby Steel Guitar

Bob Callaway

Post by Bob Callaway »

Thanks, Jaynette
We really had a great time thanks to all the players and helpers. I sure missed my "Bud" as did many people who attended expressed to me, it just didn"t seem the same.
Bob.
Derby D10 Serial No.8 - Derby 10 String Lap Steel
pair Nashville 112s
President of Louisville Metro Steel Guitar Club
Member LMSGC, NTSGA, ASGA, OzarkSGA, PSGA,
www.BobCallaway