SSSGC (AR) Swings on Sunday Afternoon - Photos

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Lynn Carney

SSSGC (AR) Swings on Sunday Afternoon - Photos

Post by Lynn Carney »

The Blues were hot and Swing was in the air Sunday afternoon as Leroy Hittson's drums fired up the group. With Donley Harrington on guitar, Norma Jean Lucas on bass, Virgil Pittman, David Starr, Larry Garrett and Ray Qualls on steels, classic steel hits and a few surprises kept everyone on their toes.

Highlights include Ray Qualls leading the group on Sleepwalk, vocals by Donley and Norma Jean, and friendly competition by Virgil and Larry that brought smiles to everyone's faces. David Starr borrowed Leroy's drums and sang Today I Started Loving You Again by request.

Image.

The guys are already talking about next month's meeting. Maybe someone will bring fudge. :)
Publicity, S.S.S.G.C.
Dana Stewart

Post by Dana Stewart »

Looks like a lot of fun was had by all. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Dana
Norma Jean Lucas

Post by Norma Jean Lucas »

Great job on the pictures Lynn. You're right , it was so good to have Leroy back. The steel players were great. Each one seemed to inspire the next one. It was really fun playing different songs and styles. Fudge does sound good! You make the fudge and I'll make the crackers. 8)
ray qualls

Post by ray qualls »

Great pictures Lynn even if I do resemble Charlie Pride! haha Thanks, you're a great asset of the club and everyone will relish those pics for years to come. Hopefully see you next month. Ray
Ray Qualls
Member(KSGA)
Inducted into KSGA
Steel Guitar Hall of Fame 2008
Lynn Carney

Post by Lynn Carney »

Hi, Dana! Thanks, Ray. It's great having you there, too. Miss Norma, it's a deal. I'll bring the fudge. You bring your ranch crackers. We'll party on. :)

We need to round up Vance and Ben and a few of the stragglers. Maybe a fiddler, too.
Publicity, S.S.S.G.C.
Vance Monday

Meeting

Post by Vance Monday »

Looks like everyone had a good time. Sorry I couldn't be there. I'm playing steel on a recording session for Haylie Walter and she sets up the sessions on Sunday afternoons. I will be recording again on November 8th so probably won't make the next meeting.. The studio is in Trenton, Mo. Halie is an excellent singer and works with Leona Williams and Justin Travino and XM 13 (Willie's) has agreed to play her CD when we get it done. It is kind of a slow process. So far, we have four songs done. It is quite a challenge for an old man. Hope I can make a meeting before long. Vance
Lynn Carney

Post by Lynn Carney »

We missed you, Vance, but we're delighted to hear your news and look forward to hearing about the recording sessions at a future meeting. Tell Miss Lila "Hello!"

We'll be listening to XM 13 to hear your wonderful steel on Haylie's album.
Publicity, S.S.S.G.C.
Lynn Carney

Post by Lynn Carney »

Mark your schedule - next month's SSSGC meeting is November 8th. Same time, same place.
Publicity, S.S.S.G.C.