Bill Anderson in Champaign, Il

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Rich Mounce

Bill Anderson in Champaign, Il

Post by Rich Mounce »

Thought you all might enjoy this info. Bill Anderson's fan club president sent this out and a friend sent it to me. I am not sure who is playing steel with Bill now but I do know they put on a great show. I won't be able to make the show but hope everyone who can will. Tell my buddy Les Singer I said "hey". He is a great guitar player...

Rich Mounce http://takeoff.to/steeljam

Hi Whisper Fans:

Have a few items to catch you up on.

Bill has once again been asked to step into one of Ray Price's concert dates while Ray is recuperating. So members in and around Champaign, Illinois are in for a huge treat. Following is the concert information:

Monday, November 1st Champaign, Illinois one show 7:00 PM
Virginia Theater, 203 W. Park Avenue, Champaign, Illinois
For tickets call 217-356-9063 - seats are reserved - cost is $26.00 each

There is a local opening act and Bill's show follows around 8:15 pm. In case you didn't realize it - this is Bill's birthday - so you all go to the concert and throw him a big "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" party - Bill said, "I've never spent my birthday in Champaign, Illinois before!!"

Now, due to this added date - our Cruise Sweepstakes drawing has been changed to WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 3RD. It will be held on the Eddie Stubbs WSM show live at 9:00 PM Central time (10:00 PM Eastern). You should be able to get this on the Internet WSM. Be sure to tune in!!! - if the winner has a telephone number listed with the club, they will probably be receiving a call from Bill. (WSM will also be announcing the drawing date change.)

If possible, please pass this information along to members that are not on the Internet.

One of our nice members informs me that Direct TV now has the GAC channel which is broadcasting the Grand Ole Opry hour on Saturday evenings. In order to receive it you need to subscribe to "The Total Choice Plus" or "Total Choice Premier" package. It is on channel 326. I know this will make a lot of you happy.

Be careful - don't let the goblins get you and have fun!!!

"Always Remember"

Jean
Bill Anderson Fan Club
Mike Sigler

Post by Mike Sigler »

My Good Friend Mike (Chicken) Toppins is playing steel with bill now... And he is an awsome player... Plays an old Sho-Bud that sounds fantastic.
Mike
Rich Mounce

Post by Rich Mounce »

Mike...Thanks for the info. If you say he plays good then I know he does. You are an awesome player. Really enjoyed your playing in St Louis.

Bob Putnam

Post by Bob Putnam »

Donna Hammitt played her Franklin pedal steel for Bill for quite a while. What is she doing now?
Bob Putnam
Rich Mounce

Post by Rich Mounce »

Bob...I heard that Donna quit and went back to school...Not sure if that is true or not but someone told me that...Donna is a very fine player...

Mike Sigler

Post by Mike Sigler »

Rich
Thanks for your kind words about St louis.
And you are correct, Donna is back in school i beleave studying nursing..
Mike