KSGA Awards

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

ray qualls

KSGA Awards

Post by ray qualls »

Kansas Hall of Fame-Bob DeMoss
Pioneer Award-Rob Parker
Kansas Steel Player of the Year-Austin Stewart
Kansas Legend Award-Jeff Newman, Danny Shields, Jimmy Powell, Doyle Huff, Vern Page, Tom Bolinger, Jerry Sisk, Rhan Bowen and Earl "Curley" Stevens.

I would like to personally "Thank" all the steel players this year who played so great. All the backup musicians who made the playing so easy. All the guys who helped on the loading and unloading of instruments and amps. All the Ladies who worked so hard in the kitchen fixing all the food. Norma Jean from the SSSGC helping us all weekend at the door. Randy Stewart for the cooking! Great food again this year. Thank you to all the people who attended and donated money to this event. I'm astounded at the generosity of everyone.. Thank you to the City of Baxter Springs who has been so helpful in letting us have the place to have the show in! Just so many friends and Brothers in Music. I'm proud to call everyone who attended "My Friend". I'm Humbled, Ray
Ray Qualls
Member(KSGA)
Inducted into KSGA
Steel Guitar Hall of Fame 2008
Dana Stewart

Post by Dana Stewart »

Hey Ray, Randy and I would also like to add our thanks to everyone. We had so much fun at the show listening to all the great music and serving all that food. Randy and I both just love to see people happy and eating, guess that's why we are both so fat. :lol:

Thank you to all the ladies, and men, who helped me in the kitchen. I would get in trouble naming names, but you know who you are, and you all know how much I appreciate you. Thanks Norma for doing my job at the door, so that I can be in the kitchen.

As Ray said, we so much appreciate all the folks who come out and play the show, come out and listen to the show, and make it possible for us to have a show like this one.

Austin and Randy and I, would like to thank the KSGA for the Steel Player of the Year award they presented to him. Austin doesn't show much emotion, but he did tell me that it was a really special moment. He was packing up his things and didn't hear a word Rob said until he called his name that night. He had to go back to the back of the room and read the plaque to see what it was he was awarded for. He was really thrilled, as were the rest of us. Thank you all so much for recognizing him.

Congrats to all the other award winners! All were so deserving of their awards.

Dana, Randy, and Austin
Jim Sentlinger

Post by Jim Sentlinger »

Ray, We would all like to thank you for another great job of putting this together. You,lee and the board did a great job.Never enough said about the job you do
Norma Jean Lucas

Post by Norma Jean Lucas »

Ray and Dana, you don't have to thank me because it's the least I can do for all the help you give in helping the S.S.S.G.C. out. I can't thank you and your family enough. Afterall we're just one big happy family! 8)
Dana Stewart

Post by Dana Stewart »

You are right Norma, we are all one big happy family, and families help each other out. I look forward to being at the Siloam Springs show in April.

Dana
Jerry Lee Newberry

Post by Jerry Lee Newberry »

Jerry and I had a great time at the show. The food & music was 2nd to none!!!!!!!!!!!!! The fellowship at this show is always GREAT!!!!!!!!! Congrats to all the Award winners. It was a VERY PROUD MOMENT when they gave Austin his award. I had tears of joy running down my face. Thanks to everyone for another great year.

Lee, I sure hope you get better soon.

Donna & Jerry
Fred Justice

Post by Fred Justice »

Ray I would like to give my congratulations to all the award recipients as well.
Having won the Pioneer award myself last year, I know what a feeling they are experiencing right now.

Thank you all at the KSGA for all you do for Steel Guitar. May God richly bless you all.
Email: azpedalman@gmail.com
Phone: 480-235-8797
Roy Rosetta

Post by Roy Rosetta »

Ray, you could not have made a better statement and the KSGA could not have chosen more deserving people for their awards. Let me and Barbara add our congratulations to all of those who were given awards and a "special" congratulation to Mr. Austin Stewart. Thanks again Ray, Lee and the KSGA for having us at this great show. Our "thanks" also go out to all of the hard working guys and ladies who worked so hard to make this the great show that it is. As I said in another post "this show is what Americana is all about".
Best Wishes,
...Roy and Barbara
Music is a "gift" with many wrappings....
....Roy
john buffington

Post by john buffington »

Congratulations to the award winners and Austin (a most deserving receipent) for Steel Player of the Year, from all of us here at the OSGA. Congrat's to Ray and staff for a great show.

John Buffington
Larry Baker

Post by Larry Baker »

Ray and Lee, So sorry We couldn't make it this year, sounds like you had a good one. Count on us for next year, We already have it on the calender. See you soon, Larry and Jean
Mullen G2 SD10 3 & 5 The Eagle
NV112 amp===Earnie Ball V.P.
Dana Stewart

Post by Dana Stewart »

Thank you John, and the others, for your congrats to Austin. This was his first award, and he is very pleased to have received it.

Dana
Jerry Foster

Post by Jerry Foster »

I would like to congrad. all the award winners for a well deserved accomp. it made my eyes water just being there to see it. O well it was a great show all weekend.I'm looking forward to next year :D Roy you & the rest of the band were amasing. I get up to play my set with no sheet music for these guy's & they played it right down to the notes. WOW now thats as good as it gets in my book :D also again I want to thank the entire staff for a perfect weekend. god bless. jerry & Dee F.
Scott Henderson

Post by Scott Henderson »

I would like to add my congrats to all our award recipients and a special welcome to Bob into the Hall of Fame You are deserving. I apologize for not being there. SHoe had people giving me heck all day. Of course it would have helped if he would of told me to be there at a specific time hehehehehehe.
Anyway congratulations to all. I think this is one the best clubs on the planet and way to cool how they honor steel players and supporters... past and present.
D-10 JCH Dekley U-12 D-8 Magnatone Mullen RP Evans RE 200 profex 2 BJS bars
Dentyne gum (peppermint)
Bobby DeMoss

Post by Bobby DeMoss »

All the people at the KSGA are like brothers and sisters and I appreciate the hospitality shown by all. That alone makes this organization the BEST.
I wish to thanks the KSGA for the wonderful award and will cherish it always. I want to give a special congratulation to Austin on his award and hope to see him get many more. Keep on Steelin Austin.
Also I want to acknowledge Ray Qualls for his tireless efforts in keeping everybody going and happy. You do it well sir. Lee, my families prayers for your complete recovery. Also I want to acknowledge Roy, I heard him play the same tune seveal times and always something dirrerent and great rolls out of that piano. Roy you are a true artist. Thanks to all for a wonderful time at the 66 show this year. Bobby DeMoss
A Rig-Zumsteel 08 Anti E9th 9x10, Vegas 400's x2 Lemay Mods, B Rig-Zumsteel 99 9x10, Stroborack's X2, Lexicon MPX200's x2.
Terry Wood

Post by Terry Wood »

Ray and Everyone,

Thanks for letting us be a part of your show this year. Great show!

Terry Wood, Kevin and Lisa.

GOD bless!

Terry Wood