1967 Epiphone Wilshire...

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Bob Carlucci

1967 Epiphone Wilshire...

Post by Bob Carlucci »

Made by Gibson USA in 1967..These are really not available anywhere at this price point.. On ebay or at vintage shops, with original finish they go for triple my asking price. This was refinished natural decades ago. Pickups, electronics, guard, nut,frets, tuners, etc are original .. NO BREAKS in neck or headstock, Neck/body joint is solid as a rock.
Someone added an improper tremelo which I removed. This guitar originally came with a stop tail/tuneamatic which I re installed. Stop bar and bridge are recent replacements.
This guitar is a light weight mahogany beauty with great playability and a sweet vintage tone. The old Gibson minis sound killer!
The frets have a lot of life left, but there is some uneven wear, and a dressing would be in order. Make NO mistake, it plays GREAT.. soft low action, NO rattles,NO buzzing, NO "fretting out",, anywhere!..
Just want to disclose any issues..
One pot has a piece of the shaft missing.. That knob is gone also.. It works, turns well etc, but will need to have a new knob, and shaft repaired or pot replaced... Check prices on these on gbase and ebay... This is a killer deal.
comes with hard case... $875 plus shipping.

I'm over the hill and hittin'rocks on the way down!

no gear list for me.. you don't have the time......
Jonathan Lam

Post by Jonathan Lam »

Very VERY interested, do you have more detailed pics?
Matt Berg

Mini Humb'ers

Post by Matt Berg »

To my ears, these are the greatest pups that Gibson made. They sound in between regular 'buckers and P-90's, and seem to be the best of both worlds. If I had spare cash....
Bob Bender

Post by Bob Bender »

For a taste of what those mini humbuckers sound like in the hands of a master, check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGZTikKCJvg
Matt Berg

Post by Matt Berg »

Bob Bender wrote:
Funny, I've been looking for a "B Bender", oh wait, you've heard that one before.

No, seriously, and no one seems to have one anywhere in the entire northeastern USA!
Stu Schulman

Post by Stu Schulman »

Bob,I have the same guitar,I bought it from Dan Armstrong when I was a kid,Mine also has the holes from the vibrato which I believe was factory installed,Dan Put the stop tailpiece on mine,and the picksups do sound somewhere between a P-90 and a Humbucker...Someone's gonna get a great guitar,Stu ;-) ;-)
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.
Bob Carlucci

Post by Bob Carlucci »

Stu.. 1967 were mostly all stop tailpieces... This one had the wrong SG style Gibson Vibrola screwed in right over the original stop bushings.. It was a simple matter to take it off, and re install a stop tailpiece... This guitar is still available,,, Next stop ebay... I don't have time right now, probably not until later this week, for those wanting more detailed pics.. I will try to get some up here by Fri or so. My camera is only fair at best, so I can't take Hi Res pics... This guitar is in very good playable condition, sounds wonderful and plays great.. It is not a collectors "museum grade" guitar.. Thats why its not 3k....
bullet_bob@lycos.com

Dave Mudgett

Post by Dave Mudgett »

Bob - hopefully you got my email earlier. I can't believe this is still here. Anyway, I offered to buy the guitar. These are killer, and not that easy to find. Everything a Firebird oughta' be but isn't, to my tastes.

I've done business with Bob many times. If he says it is player-grade and straight except for a refin and pulled tailpiece, that's what it is.
Bob Carlucci

Post by Bob Carlucci »

Sold. donation sent..

bob
Last edited by Bob Carlucci on 9 Oct 2009 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mike Harris

Post by Mike Harris »

These are great players--I have the '64 Olympic, which is the same body style, originally with a single black melody maker single coil PU. I had humbuckers installed in '72, I wish I'd gone with Firebird minis or Epi minis instead.
joe b. wheeler

wilshire

Post by joe b. wheeler »

i've got a '65, dine-o-mite:
here's 'nother edger winter wilshire cut"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb8_UD-f ... re=related