any TC 2290 users out there?

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Ben Godard

any TC 2290 users out there?

Post by Ben Godard »

I just bought one of these. I was just curious as to what the best way to hook it up and how to use the effects.

This is not for studio by the way. This is for my 8 space rack. My preamp is a MB studio pre and effect is Lexicon MPX1.

I've been reading the manual about the things that you can do with this unit and it is outstanding. I think I will like it. Cant't wait to try it.
Jan Jonsson

Post by Jan Jonsson »

Hi Ben,

I bought one of those when they had just been launched during the 80s. It's the best delay I've ever had, even compared with today's standards. Unfortunately, I sold it some years later in an act of unexplainable stupidity and bought myself a Clapton signature Strat (which was eventually sold to a friend of mine for a meager sum of money).

Apart from the fantastic sound quality of the 2290, I enjoyed the (at that time, quite unique) tap tempo functionality. Nowadays, I use a TC D-Two delay which I consider to be a very good unit too. But I still miss that 2290 ...

-- Jan
CDs: Waltz for Elma (2015), Steel Reflections (2009)
Gear: 10-string Desert Rose "Delta Blues", Fender Deluxe 8, Fender CS Nocaster
Transcriptions of Lloyd Green's music: www.lloydgreentribute.com (Tablature menu)
Ben Godard

Post by Ben Godard »

Ben Godard

Post by Ben Godard »

Please help.

It seems that the TC 2290 is instrument level only. I want to use the Lexicon MPX1 for reverb effects however I believe it is line level only. I was going plug the MPX1 in one of the effects send/return loops of the TC2290. That way I could control how wet the signal is. But it doesn't look like that is possible unless I have an instrument level effects unit instead. Maybe I am wrong, I don't know.

With the current equipment I have it looks my only option is as follows. guitar-->volume pedal-->TC2290-->MesaBoogie Studio Preamp-->Lexicon MPX1-->Poweramp

I am up for any suggestions here on how other people utilize the TC2290.
Rob Schlette

Post by Rob Schlette »

Your 2290 should have an XLR input labeled 'bal input'. That will let you put it anywhere in signal flow after your preamp.

http://www.tcelectronic.com/media/d86b1 ... 1dd51c.pdf