Steel Guitar Jam with David Hartley in NW Tennessee

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Tommy Gibbons

Steel Guitar Jam with David Hartley in NW Tennessee

Post by Tommy Gibbons »

Last Friday (Sept. 11) evening Mr. and Mrs.Bill Stroud of B.J.S. Steel Guitar Bar hosted a Steel Guitar jam session at their home studio. Several steel players and support musicians from the area were on hand to play and sing...the most notable was from the UK, Mr. David Hartley. He amazed everyone with his unique style and speed. David and Bill played several steel guitar instrumentals that were outstanding.

David broke-in Bill's new custom built red and white Mullen G2 D-10. What a dream guitar. In MHO it's the Rolls/Royce of Pedal Steel Guitars.

If anyone in the NW Tennessee tri-state area is interested in putting together a monthly Steel Guitar Jam, please email Bill Stroud at bjsbars@frontiernet.net or myself at tommy@west-tenn.com

It will be a great time of good clean fun and music!!

Thanks, Tommy
Bill Stroud

Friday jam

Post by Bill Stroud »

I'm so glad Tommy that you enjoyed yourself, as did many others.
Yes David brought the house down, what a super picker.
I was indeed honored to have him & Fran come by and share there talents, she is a good singer. Not only did I enjoy their talents but most of all their friendship and getting to know such wonderful people such as David and Fran was an honor.
They are always welcome anytime they want to come back to America.
Bill
Barry Blackwood

Post by Barry Blackwood »

David broke-in Bill's new custom built red and white Mullen G2 D-10. What a dream guitar. In MHO it's the Rolls/Royce of Pedal Steel Guitars.
Tommy, if that's true, maybe you need to take that GFI out of your avatar .... :lol:
Bill Stroud

Possible Jam Sessions

Post by Bill Stroud »

Well looks like Dan Burnham would like to join in, how many more are there that would like for this to get going.
Bill
Jim Paschall

Post by Jim Paschall »

Bill, I really enjoyed hearing you and David Hartley playing together last Friday evening. Both of you are outstanding PSG artists. Thanks for the invite and special thanks to Shirley, such a gracious hostess. I would definitely want to be included in any future jam sessions.

And David, being a fan of yours for a while, it was a genuine pleasure meeting you and Fran. What a great duo you are.

Jim
Bill Stroud

Mickey?

Post by Bill Stroud »

I just wonder if we could get Mickey Adams to jam up here in the future?
Listen it might be an echo....
Larry Bressington

Post by Larry Bressington »

Did that new bar sound better above the 12th fret?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'll bet dave was a monster!! :D :D
A.K.A Chappy.
Bill Stroud

New Bar

Post by Bill Stroud »

Yes Larry as a matter of fact it did sound better above the 12th fret...
Yes David was amazing, his playing is something else.
I'm hoping he'll get to play in Dallas in March, like he did last March.
We'll just have to wait and see.
Bill
Lee Johnson

Northwest tenn. tri state area steel Guitar jam.

Post by Lee Johnson »

I hope you will be able to get a jam session going in North West Tenn. I wish I lived close enough to that area to be able to attend, but at least some of the great steel players in that area would be able to get the opportunity to fellowship, with other great guy's. I did get to hear David Hartley at the St.Louis show in the side room . there are a lot of great steel pickers out there of which most people don't get to hear.I had the privilege of having Mr. Bill Stroud of BJS Steel Guitar Bars play for me, and what a great player he is.So in conclusion I'd like to give my support to any functions that would help in the furtherance of the steel guitar.
Thanks; Lee Johnson.
Mickey Adams

Yep

Post by Mickey Adams »

I know Mickey personally...he'd probably do it..LOL
ARTIST RELATIONS: MSA GUITARS
2017 MSA LEGEND XL D10, S10, Studio Pro S12 EXE9
Mullen G2, Rittenberry S10, Infinity D10, Zumsteel 8+9
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!
Bill Stroud

The Great Mickey Adams

Post by Bill Stroud »

See now that's my man, Mickey when I get something setup for a future Jam I'll post it on here and keep my fingers crossed that he land his plane at the Martin & Union TN City Airport.
I bet he can...
Mickey that would be great, and I could pick you up at the Airport and we can Jam..
Bill
Bill Stroud

Mickey

Post by Bill Stroud »

The name of that Airport is: West Tennessee Aviation Inc Everett Stewart Airport. I know you can look that up and see if your Air Craft can land on that strip.
Bill
Mickey Adams

Yep

Post by Mickey Adams »

Perfect mission for the new Lancair Evolution we have coming...
ARTIST RELATIONS: MSA GUITARS
2017 MSA LEGEND XL D10, S10, Studio Pro S12 EXE9
Mullen G2, Rittenberry S10, Infinity D10, Zumsteel 8+9
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!
Charles Curtis

Post by Charles Curtis »

I would love to see a video of David's right hand technique, shot from the keys to see which finger is picking which string in four four time. I don't think that the tone gets any better when he plays. I'd do my best to copy his technique. Thank you David.
Bill Stroud

DVD & CD

Post by Bill Stroud »

Hi Charles,
I may have what you want of David's teaching and showing his picking technique and tab work for Orange Blossom Special, I have them in stock, Cd's and DVD of David's work.
I'll list what I have very soon.
Get in line to order if you want one, email at bjsbars@frontiernet.net to get a copy while they last.
Bill
Last edited by Bill Stroud on 17 Sep 2009 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Stroud

DVD & CD

Post by Bill Stroud »

Hi Charles,
I may have what you want of David's teaching and showing his picking technique and tab work for Orange Blossom Special, I have them in stock, Cd's and DVD of David's work.
I'll list what I have very soon.
Get in line to order if you want one, email at bjsbars@frontiernet.net to get a copy while they last.
Bill
Bill Stroud

DVD & CD

Post by Bill Stroud »

Charles, check the forum under Tablature and see if you see a CD or DVD that you may want of David's work.
Bill
Bill Stroud

DVD & CD

Post by Bill Stroud »

Charles, check the forum under Tablature and see if you see a CD or DVD that you may want of David's work.
Bill
Chuck McGill

Post by Chuck McGill »

Bill called and invited me to this jam but pryor commitments with family come first. Bill I hope next
time to be there with you and Tommy. Thanks for the call my friend.
Charles Curtis

Post by Charles Curtis »

Bill, I believe that I have all of David's instrumental CDs and the Orange Blossum Instructional DVD. I bought them directly from David. Are you going to be the vendor here in the USA of David's music? I think that would be super; however I never had a problem buying from David direct from the UK. I think that David must have a "huge" following and I hope he makes a ton of money.
Bill Stroud

CD's & DVD's

Post by Bill Stroud »

Hi Charles,
If David wants me to help him I don't mind at all, I've got a few that he left with me, and I've got it listed on the forum under Tablature, I took some pictures of what I've got.
I think he will be sending me some of the DVD's Backing Tracks 297 Tracks on one DVD I beleive that's right.These are all the tracks that he did on YouTube.
But if I can help David out I will.
I don't mark up his products so all the proceeds go to David, All I want is the cost of the package that I bought to ship them in to protect them, plus shipping cost. Email me at bjsbars@frontiernet.net for the cost.
Thanks,
Bill
Bill Stroud

Tommy

Post by Bill Stroud »

Bump for Tommy