Dallas vs St Louis

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Richard Gonzales

Post by Richard Gonzales »

Sounds like Texas got the YEEHA's !!
Jack Francis

Post by Jack Francis »

"Does Dallas and St Louis have football teams?"

Yeah, St. Louis sent us thiers so they could get a decent team...I'd gladly send them back!! Image
Jerry Lee Newberry

Post by Jerry Lee Newberry »

There's as many BIG names at Dallas as there is in St. Louis I think. Jerry and Austin are proud to say they will get to be there again this year. The band is always great too. When you have Roy Rosetta on piano and Paul Polish on drums you can't ask for anything more. Come and enjoy!!!!!! Donna
Donna Dodd

Post by Donna Dodd »

I'm sorry, but I just CAN'T choose - It'd be like picking which of your children you love the most!!! Image
Bob Maickel

Post by Bob Maickel »

Hey! Let's get to where it's at. I've been to both conventions over the past 25 years. They are the cream of the crop. Don't compare one against the other, this is not a competition, it's just a good representation of what we all love to do..play steel and listen to fine steel guitar. Without Scotty, Charlie Norris, Al Talley, the PSGA crew, Fred Layman and the Phoenix guys and many others who do their best, we'd be lost and hungry for what we love to see and hear. Support whatever steel guitar event you can afford to attend. Without your support the shows would cease to exist!
Mac Lloyd

Post by Mac Lloyd »

Ah but Donna doesn't that just depend on the given day? Image
Don Walters

Post by Don Walters »

<SMALL>Of course, the annual Saturday night dance featuring Tom Morrell and the Timewarp Tophands is an experience not to be missed and definitely warrants a trip to Dallas at some time.</SMALL>
I haven't been to St. Louis yet but Jimbeaux's comment is a "fer sure"!
Doug Rolfe

Post by Doug Rolfe »

Hey Donna:
Is that like "you can pick your friends and you can pick your nose but you can't pick your friends nose"?
Seriously, for the first time we will be coming to the Dallas show with Gospel Steel merchandise. Stop by and see us.
I have been at the St. Louis convention since 1985 without missing a year and have nothing but good things to say about it.
We are anxious to see the Texas show and look forward to meeting a lot of new friends there.

------------------
Doug
Dekley 12U 4k & 7p
2-Nash 400 & Quadraverb

Bill Myrick

Post by Bill Myrick »

Having not as yet attended the Dallas show--I can offer no comment as to comparison but I would like to add my feelings about something if I may ?
I have known Scotty since late 60's --bought my first two steels from him--the first being a Fender 400 with three pedals, D-9th tuning--way back huh ? I can remember going to St Louis to see Lloyd Green come to put on a sunday afternoon show and another time Buddy Emmons, Shot Jackson, and I believe Curly Chalker, for a saturday and sunday show , all at a VFW Hall or something similar across the street from Scotty's house where his shop was in the basement and he and Mary were raising their family upstairs.
In those days it was "learn it on your own" and Scotty will always be remembered as a great help and friend to me.
My point is this---from those days and times have evolved it all, right ? I'm very certain The Dallas Show is great and I fully intend to see it. In the meantime, let's all be very thankful for people like Scotty and Mary for all that they have grown and accomplished from humble beginnings in the 60's and remember, after all, like someone posted earlier, it's not a competitive thing---Scotty supports Dallas does he not ??
Just my 2 pennies worth---peace to us all--both duffers and dandies-- Image