Branson, MO?

Musicians wanted for bands or recording projects

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Chris Castle

Branson, MO?

Post by Chris Castle »

Hey guys. How does a man go about getting on a show in Branson?

Any info at all would be helpful :D

thanks

-chris castle
Mullen G-2,, derby d-10 rosewood 9&7, derby sd-10 black/birdseye, peavey 1000 and 112, hilton vp, walker seat
Alan Kirk

Post by Alan Kirk »

Just like getting a gig anywhere else.

Move to Branson. Hang out. Meet other musicians. Play with other musicians. Get gigs--if you're your preparation has readied you for those opportunities.

The music business is about 90% schmooze and 10% talent. It's not what you know, it's who you know.
Everyone in the world has two jobs: 1) whatever they do for a living; and 2) music critic.
Dan Murphy

Post by Dan Murphy »

Talk to Scotty Henderson, he can tell you :) . There are auditions every spring but Im not sure where? You should know that there are steel players there that work 2 different shows a day sometimes. Tyler Hall is one of them ask him too. I live about 2hrs from Branson and have thought of doing the same thing , but its verry tough to get in .Branson is like Nashville , Must Be Present To Win! :? I have worked with other players from Branson and thats what they tell me too. :? GOOD LUCK :)
Scott Shipley

Post by Scott Shipley »

I lived and worked there for 5 years in the early 90's. Three of those for Shoji. You have to move there. Like Dan said, must be present to win. Network and ask about auditions. You have to be there to hear about them.
Alan Kirk

Post by Alan Kirk »

I have a bass player friend who works a lot in Branson. He says everyone asks about how to get work there.

You have to be there, and have your chops up to snuff.
Everyone in the world has two jobs: 1) whatever they do for a living; and 2) music critic.
Tyler Hall

Post by Tyler Hall »

You just have to be here. However, there are 4 or 5 steel players for every 1 job. And if your not a utility man then forget it.
Michael T. Hermsmeyer

Post by Michael T. Hermsmeyer »

Even the Utility Men can get shoved aside if the budget isn't there and that's why I'm not there anymore.

Thirteen years was more than enough for me.

God Bless,
Michael T.
Currently retired from performing music in Branson, MO
'73 EMMONS D10 FATBACK, '92 EMMONS D10 LASHLEY LEGRANDE, Bray Resonator Guitar,'95 DOBRO F60S, '85 Dobro 60DS, '95 MELOBAR CUSTOM, 1948 National Grand Console D-8, 1951 Supro Clipper S-6. EVANS, FENDER, PEAVEY,
and MESA BOOGIE Amps...

www.onemancountryshow.com

www.facebook.com/utilityman2000