Bill Simmons

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

Ralph Donahue

Bill Simmons

Post by Ralph Donahue »

I had the pleasure of meeting this fine gentleman and playing with him a few years ago at Wayne and Joan Links Mid-Canada Steel Guitar Convention in Winnipeg.
He's gone long before his time and will be missed greatly...
Joey Ace

RIP Bill

Post by Joey Ace »

Jim Walker

Post by Jim Walker »

I think of Bill everyday. The 2005 Rains #D10-020 that I have now was built for him. If I'm not mistaken it was the one he played at the 1st annual ASGA show in 2006. I cherish this guitar and all my memories of him.

JW
Last edited by Jim Walker on 22 Sep 2009 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show Pro D10, Session 400
Jerry Humphries

Bill Simmons

Post by Jerry Humphries »

When i grow up i wanna be just like Bill Simmons. Just a great Godly man.
Dennis Olearchik

Bill's Grandson...

Post by Dennis Olearchik »

Does anyone know how Bill's grandson, Brandon, is doing?
George McLellan

Post by George McLellan »

Sorry to hear about Bill. I had the pleasure of meeting him also at The Winnepeg Mid-Canada Steel Guitar Convention. A real gentleman and great picker.

My condolances,

Geo
Darleen Simmons Brauen

Bill Simmons 6 months

Post by Darleen Simmons Brauen »

It's so hard to believe that it's been just over 6 months since my wonderful brother went to heaven. Mom, dad and I miss horribly, I can't explain the pain. I thank everyone who has responded since the news October 12th. So many of you keep in contact with us faithfully thank you so much. Love Bill's sister forever Darleen Simmons Brauen
Darleen Simmons Brauen

Post by Darleen Simmons Brauen »

Hi to all of Bill's friends, it's been over 9 months and we still hurt. Thanks for everything and all your prayers. Forever Bill's sister Darleen Simmons Brauen
Paul King

Post by Paul King »

Darleen, I met Bill here in our town. He drove up to look at a guitar I had for sell. He did not buy the guitar but I feel like that I met a very special man that day. I know he had a relationship with God and I admired him for his dedication to the ministry. I also know he was a fantastic steel player. Your loss is heavens gain.
Bent Romnes

Post by Bent Romnes »

Hi Darlene,
Although I never knew your brother, I hurt right along with you every time I hear Bill's name mentioned. I got to know your wonderful parents Rick and Lil last fall and feel that I know Bill through them and the ONE exchange I had with Bill here on the forum a short while before he passed away.
Lil and Rick are two wonderful people and you sure can be proud to have parents like them. The more I hear about Bill, the more I wish I had gotten to know the man.

I just happened upon this thread and I hope that our contributions to it makes you feel loved and comforted. Bless you.
Sincerely
Bent Romnes
Ted Solesky

Post by Ted Solesky »

Bill and I wanted emailed each other quite a bit. We planned to have a stout milk-shake together sometime when he was near here. Sorry it never happened. I enjoy conversing with him by email. He encouraged me most all the time to make a lesson-type CD. I will do that after my surgery subsides and the hand is up to it. Ted