forum member David Baldwin has passed away

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

Ralph Donahue

forum member David Baldwin has passed away

Post by Ralph Donahue »

when Daves wife Pauline passed away about 4 years ago he was determined to try and learn to play the instrument that he loved.he bought a carter starter and I spent some time with him and got him going,he was coming along,we would spend quite a bit of time on the phone and the computer talking about how to do things.Dave liked to talk and spent quite a bit of time on the forum talking steel guitars with the members,lately his health hasn't been good and he passed away on Sun.I'll be doing some steel guitar tunes at the funeral on Fri.
Skip Cole

Post by Skip Cole »

Ralph, my condolences in the passing of your friend Dave. I'd bet the times you guys spent around the steel guitar was good theraphy for you both. You were a good friend to him. God bless you and his family.

Skip
Milton C. Willmann

Post by Milton C. Willmann »

This is truly sad news. Dave was a regular in the International Steel Guitar Conference Center (chat room) for a long while. His health had been failing him for some time. Some of us were privileged to visit with his grandson a few times. I will miss Dave and my thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends. So long Dave.
Milton C. Willmann
Hook Moore

Post by Hook Moore »

Like Milton, I got to know and appreciate Dave through conversations in the chatroom and by email. A fine man has passed and will be missed. My Condolences..
Hook
Wayne Morgan

Post by Wayne Morgan »

Dave was a pleasure to talk to, and was missed when he wasn't able to come on the steel room. He loved steel guitar and loved people, such sad news
Wayne
George Wixon

Post by George Wixon »

I never met Dave in person but would have loved to have gotten to meet him. I only know Dave through the ISGCC and he was one of the nicest guys there was to talk with.
He will be missed by all of the members in the chat room.
R.I.P. Dave
George