Bryan Adams's New CD "04 Project"

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Harold Parris

Bryan Adams's New CD "04 Project"

Post by Harold Parris »

Bryan has just released his new CD "04 Project". Those of you that got his "03 Project" know what a superb artist Bryan Adams is. I've had the pleasure of listening to his new album. It is a great work of art!!
The "04 Project" has 9 cuts on it. There are two vocals on this release by (David Stout). Personally David's "Getting Over You" is the best vocal cut on the CD with a close resemblance to Ray Price's vocal work. Bryan's exhibits his smooth, well placed, backup licks on these two vocals.

This new CD has a great choice of traditional classic songs. "No One But You', "Long Black Limousine", "No Teardrops Tonight", "Together Again", "I Overlooked An Orchid", "Funny How Time Slips Away", " Half a Mind" (Vocal David Stout), " Cold Cold Heart", and "Getting Over YoU" (Vocal By David Stout). Included is a complete CD of backup tracks of every song on the instrumental cd as his '03 Project" CD did.

Bryan is a great artist and his talent shows through on this CD. I listen to it over and over with admiration for Bryan and the backup musicians also. This is good solid music that will insire you to play your heart out on your steel guitar.

Bryan is selling these two CD's for $25 for both the instrumental cd and the tracks of the instrumental (The tracks are the exact great band as the CD). You can email Bryan at; badams@optidynamic.com.

I recommend this CD as a great performance by a fantatic pedal steel guitar master. Get your orders in today!! You'll be very pleased with the hours of listening to Bryan and playing along with the tracks provided also. You'll Love It!!!!!

------------------
Sierra Session and MSA Classic Guitars, Nashville 400, Session 400, and Evans FET 500 HiVolt, and Gretsch Nashville Pro Steel Amps, Keith Hilton Digital Sustain pedal and Digital Sustain Box .
Harold Parris email hparris9@aol.com

<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Harold Parris on 02 June 2004 at 03:09 AM.]</p></FONT><FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Harold Parris on 02 June 2004 at 03:15 AM.]</p></FONT>
Mike Sweeney

Post by Mike Sweeney »

I recieved my copy 3 weeks ago and Bryan asked me to refrain from posting untill after the 1st of the month due to him being out of town. So, I'll say it now.
This c.d. is a must have for everyones collection. Bryan gets one of the best tones in the world, his phrasing is just what needs to be, and the back-up band is great too. And David Stout is truly a great singer.
If you like COUNTRY music the way it's supposed to be played get in touch with B.A. and order this c.d. You'll not be disappointed!

Mike Sweeney
Mike Sweeney

Post by Mike Sweeney »

bump for B.A.
Mike Hoover

Post by Mike Hoover »

Harold, don't scare me like that, got to the part about vocals on Bryan's cd, my mind went blank, thought BA had done a vocal, i've heard him sing. Just joking, BA is a great talent, had the pleasure of pickin' with him some years ago when we were in the Air Force stationed in Fl. looking forward to hearing project '04. Now if Ben and I can get him to come down here and pick with us.
Harold Parris

Post by Harold Parris »

Yes Mike, I would like to get him down here around Alabama. He does fantastic instrumentals and backing of the vocals on the album. I've never met Bryan. I've talked to him on the phone several times and corresponded several times. It seems as though we have known each other for years. Bryan is a great guy and you can't find a better CD on the market. His providing the tracks cd along with his smooth well arranged masterful demonstration of pedal steel is well worth the price Bryan gets for the set. A steel player, no mater what style he or she plays, needs this added to their collection. Email Bryan or send your cards and letter with a $25 donation to Bryan. I don't have his address right here but if you email Bryan he can provide it or I can find it for you too.

------------------
Sierra Session and MSA Classic Guitars, Nashville 400, Session 400, and Evans FET 500 HiVolt, and Gretsch Nashville Pro Steel Amps, Keith Hilton Digital Sustain pedal and Digital Sustain Box .

<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Harold Parris on 05 June 2004 at 05:39 AM.]</p></FONT>
Bob Hayes

Post by Bob Hayes »

I got my copy of ol' Daddy Rabits' new one that he made up there on that mountain..
Bryan does it all!! Plays Great,Fixes any kind of steel,sings a little,produces, backs up, knows where to find the "jugs" and can realy make a guy laugh...plus he IS a nice guy!!! If I don't see you sooner BA..I'll see you at the Bristol Jam...and we'll have some more fun...By the way..you sounded great at Kanapolis!!!
Grouchy
Larry Jenkins

Post by Larry Jenkins »

I agree with everything good that was said about this CD, any steel man would be proud to have this CD and track. Bryan's steel playing is excellent and the back up band was great also. Fantastic tone from his pushpull,and the choice of songs was excellent. It don't get any better than that.
Mike Sweeney

Post by Mike Sweeney »

Bob,

I don't know about B.A.'s singing. But ol' Dave Stout sang his butt off on a couple of cuts on this c.d.
This thing is worth twice what he's asking for it.

Mike
Bryan Adams

Post by Bryan Adams »

would like to thank harold, bob, mike, larry and old friend mike hoover for the nice words about the "04 project" i guess i scared old hoover when he thought i was singing on this...mike knows how bad that is!!! don't you mike?? my thanks to david stout for his fine vocal tracks...will be doing a "back the singer" cd in the near future with dave stout...am looking foward to that project...thanks again guys...BA
Mike Hoover

Post by Mike Hoover »

I tried to call you this morning, got a ringing phone and a transfer to a voice mail, then my activities director found me, the rest is history. I will try you tomorrow
could not resist the little jab.

Mike
Mike Hoover

Post by Mike Hoover »

Hoss, Came in today and got the CD. Man that thang is TUFFFF. David does a great job on vocals. Got to work tomorrow, but will try to call during this work break. I am going to 45th class reunion, this should be a blast.

CUL (see you later)

Mike
Ben ODell

Post by Ben ODell »

Awesome alllllblllum. Ole Brother Bryan, da We-Wa kid done struck again. I'm about to burn a hole through it with that CD playing laser.

Yep Mike, it would be the thrill of my life to get "Daddy Rabbit" down here on the coast for a few days. We'll see if we can hook him up with Doug Jernigan for the next Gulfport show. Would that be sumpin, or whut ???

Keepum coming Bryan. Next year, we gonna pave the drive.--------Ben O'Dell Image
Ben ODell

Post by Ben ODell »

Here is a Mississippi Bump For You B.A.
^
^
^
BUMP
^
^
^
BUMP
Dave Van Allen

Post by Dave Van Allen »

hey Bryan...
Tell ole Dave Stout "Hi " for me!! (watch his face carefully when you mention my name...) He is one of my all time favorite singers.
and I will defnitely follow up on this cd!
Bryan Adams

Post by Bryan Adams »

hi dave, i will surely ask dave about you next time i see him...we are working on a cd featuring dave, hope to have it this fall...thanks ....BA
Harold Parris

Post by Harold Parris »

Bryan, seems like you are going into the recording business in the right way. You know Ricky Scaggs broke away and started the Scagg's Family Recording Label. I can see It now, " Adams family Records". You've got the talent and know how to do it. Keep watching the mail, someday there will be a package for you from Honduras via of Alabama.

------------------

<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Harold Parris on 13 July 2004 at 08:12 PM.]</p></FONT>
Bryan Adams

Post by Bryan Adams »

thanks harold, i'm looking foward to the "care" package...i should enjoy that very much, and i do thank you for your nice words about the project....BA
Larry Jenkins

Post by Larry Jenkins »

I'm still playing this and still enjoying it,I think it is outstanding,sweet pushpull sound.
Ben ODell

Post by Ben ODell »

Country Ain't Dead. It still lives in the hands of my ole "BUD", Bryan Adams, and this is a great album. I understand Bryan has set up a "PAY PAL" account for those who like to order that way. Of course the ole phone, mail, and computer, still work rather well for him.

A must for every steel album collector !!!!
Ben O'Dell
Mike Sweeney

Post by Mike Sweeney »

The Adams Family Records. Ha! Ha! Since I'm bald can I be Uncle Fester? LOL!

Sweeney
Ben ODell

Post by Ben ODell »

Hey Mike !

That'll work for me. What about you Bryan ??
Ben O'Dell
Bryan Adams

Post by Bryan Adams »

acually i had thought about "lugwrench records" (little inside joke huh mike??)
Ben ODell

Post by Ben ODell »

How about Broken Finger At The 77 Sun Set Strip Records? (Another inside joke)<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Ben ODell on 30 July 2004 at 08:54 PM.]</p></FONT>
Willis Vanderberg

Post by Willis Vanderberg »

The check is in the mail....Thank you

Old Bud
Harold Parris

Post by Harold Parris »

Ole Brother Bryan is the man! I just can't stop listening to his CD'S. The man plays my kind of music. If you don't already have copies, I suggest you get in touch with Bryan and get your's today. If you don't have it, you don't know what you're missing. Long live "Adam's Family Records"!!!!!!!!

------------------

<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Harold Parris on 31 July 2004 at 07:21 PM.]</p></FONT>