Mullen at the ISGC 2009

Archived for historical reference

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Bryce Velasco

Mike Mantey

Mullen at the ISGC 2009

Post by Mike Mantey »

Mullen would like to invite you to our various activities going on in St. Louis this year.

First we will have our normal booth in the ballroom for you to chat with Dixie and get your Mullen apparel and such.

Then we will have in the Shaw Room (our normal demo room). We will have several new G2’s for sale in this room along with our new line of volume pedals and amplifiers.
This room will be setup and specifically designed for you to come and try a new G2, as well as the new items. Del and I will be in this room most of the time to answer any questions and to personally help you find the ideal combo for your needs.
So I am personally inviting each and everyone of you to come try a new G2 and our new items, if your not in the market for a new guitar and just would like to try the pedal and/or amp, then your more than welcome to bring your current guitar and gear into this room to try the difference first hand, no gimmicks, your equipment, side by side comparison. You will notice the drastic change no matter what guitar you play. So make sure you stop in the Shaw Room and test drive these items, you will not be disappointed.

Then we will also have the Jefferson Room F (MSA’s past Room) Here we will have live music all weekend. We will have a huge schedule of amazing Mullen players in this room with a live band, tracks, and the whole convention is just bouncing with musicians, so feel free to bring your guitar, bass or whatever and sign up for a time slot and jam.

Also in this room we will be featuring a Jagwire String booth with the great Danny Hullihen and amazing Jagwire ladies. So you can stop in and get all your Jagwire string needs.
Also we will have Mickey Adams with his new book there, to show and explain all, as he does so well. So make sure you stop in and check out this Jam room with lots to offer.

So for anyone at past shows who has not been able to try a G2 due to large crowds and live music, this year is your chance. Our demo room will be set up with amps, and head phones as well, and we will be readily available to answer any questions you may have. These shows get busy, so if you want to try something just get Mikes (my) attention and I will gladly take care of you. Please do not be afraid or intimidated to try anything, this is why we come to these shows, as well as all the other manufacturers and vendors there.

Whether it is for us or any other vendor there, start saving your money now and support the great people that make these shows happen, and keep the steel guitar alive. These shows are some of the best places to locate your next must have item, almost everyone has some tremendous show savings and all under one roof, what more could you ask, so butter up the wife and get your allowance and show up ready to get the latest and greatest the steel guitar community has to offer.

I hope to see you all at the ISGC this year in St. Louis. http://www.scottysmusic.com/isgc2009.htm
Mike Mantey
President and C.E.O.
Mullen Guitar Co., Inc.
(970) 664-2518
sales@mullenguitars.com
www.mullenguitars.com
Mickey Adams

Stl

Post by Mickey Adams »

Well said Mike!!!...We look forward to seeing you all in STL!!!>..Mick
ARTIST RELATIONS: MSA GUITARS
2017 MSA LEGEND XL D10, S10, Studio Pro S12 EXE9
Mullen G2, Rittenberry S10, Infinity D10, Zumsteel 8+9
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

Will you be bringing Miss Mullen 2009 with you?
Tony Palmer

Now that's good news!

Post by Tony Palmer »

Mike, I am very glad to hear of these changes
you've made for this year. I will certainly be by to try out a G2
and it sounds like I will be able to do it in a manner conducive to
a serious purchase trial.
A wise decision for sure.
Sierra S10 (three!), Peavey 112 and 115, Benoit dobro, Beard Model E dobro, Beard Roadophonic, MSA Superslide, Dean Nickless custom dobro
Patricia Warnock

Post by Patricia Warnock »

Mike,
I will be there.
And, I am going to pick up one of those new Mullen volume pedals!

See you soon,
Patricia
Buck Grantham

Mullen

Post by Buck Grantham »

And I will surely be there trying everything out . That,s wonderful that everyone will get to try out the new products :) :) :) :) and fellowship together ,,, Buck Grantham
Music to light up your life
Larry Baker

Post by Larry Baker »

I'm hoping to pick up my new G2 at the St. Louis show. So everycome by the Mullen room and check it out. Its going to be great. Been waiting a long time for this, but it will be worth it. Larry Baker
Red Kilby

Make Sure To Stop By The Mullen Room

Post by Red Kilby »

BUMP FOR THE MULLEN GANG, come by the room and play and see the New Mullen G2, and play and see the new Volume pedals.

While you are there pick up a copy of Mickey Adams New Book, Great Stuff and lots of knowledge.

Also stop by the booth on the inside of the hall and visit with Dixie and I, can't wait to see you all there.

Less than 2 weeks folks, see ya soon.
Danny Hullihen

Post by Danny Hullihen »

There's lots of great shows scheduled for the Mullen room this year, and I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone again for sure!

Red, come on in and sing a few with us. We would love to have you!
Red Kilby

Post by Red Kilby »

Hi Danny, Thanks so much for the invite to sing with you all, it would be my pleasure and honor.

Can't wait to see ya, only a few more days.

Folks lets have some fun with the Mullen Gang this year. :D
Mickey Adams

Leaving today!

Post by Mickey Adams »

Big Weekend is here...Red, looking forward to seeing you there too...Ill be flying in Thursday night!...See you guys in STL!
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!
Kenny Martin

Post by Kenny Martin »

I'll be swinging in friday but won't arrive probably until 5:00!

Hope to meet ya Mickey! My first time ever at the show! :eek:
Mickey Adams

Arright!

Post by Mickey Adams »

Hey Kenny!...Looking forward to meeting you to my friend!>..Mick
Marilyn Myers

Post by Marilyn Myers »

We had a great time in the Mullen Room and lots of talent there for sure.
Marilyn
CrowBear Schmitt

Post by CrowBear Schmitt »

Hi Mike
boy, am i glad i managed to make it on Sunday before you packed it in & got that beautiful black G2 SD 10 for my client in France
just in the nick of time
special thanx to Steve Hitsman & to Mickey Adams ;-)
Bill Lowe

First time to St Louis....Thanks to everybody at Mullen

Post by Bill Lowe »

Finally got a chance to meet Del and Mike. I spent alot of time in the Mullen room. There was something going on all the time. From Austin, Tyler, Terry, Danny, Mickey, Tommy Dodd, David Hartley, Marcel from the Netherlands, it was just non stop. I know I am forgetting some people, there were so many great players coming in and out. I saw Kenny Martin playing in the back Mullen room. Bill Strouds new guitar looks and sounds fantastic. Russ Hicks new guitar is mind boggling. I really enjoyed Mike Sigler singing with Danny on steel...WOW. Great music and pure enjoyment for me. Now all I have to say is see you in Dallas..... :D
Last edited by Bill Lowe on 9 Sep 2009 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JCH D10, 71 D10 P/p fat back, Telonics TCA 500C--12-,Fender JBL Twin, Josh Swift signature.
Bill Stroud

G2

Post by Bill Stroud »

Hi, to all that was in the Mullen Room for the jam, thanks for being there and I know you enjoyed everyone's playing.
What about the tone coming from those Mullen steels.
I had a booth to attend to, but I closed it down long enough to hear some great playing.
I was scheduled to play in the room, but I gave my time to David as I wanted everyone to hear him, he is a great player.
Thanks Del, Mike, and all that builds these great instruments.
Dallas here I come...
Bill
Tom Pickett Jr

special thanks!

Post by Tom Pickett Jr »

for all of those working in the mullen room, i thank you for taking the time to teach me more about my hwp. and for standing behind the best built steel in america... keep up the great work all of you... :mrgreen:
David Hartley

Hi

Post by David Hartley »

To the Mullen guys, I would just like to say I enjoyed my session in the room when I played Bills guitar. Hope to see you again in Dallas.

PS. You may want to check the Weldon Myrick string sets as I bought some from the stall in your room and they are all missing the guage .015's !

I am not bothered as I found some in my packa seat but you may want to check them before you sell anymore,

Regards

David
Danny Hullihen

Post by Danny Hullihen »

David. Thanks for your post and support. The fault of the string that was missing from the sets you bought in the Mullen room is that of "Jagwire String Company" and not Mullen Guitar Company.

We will remedy this problem for you immediately, and thanks for letting us know. If anyone else has discoved this problem, please email me directly at: pedalsteel@peoplepc.com for immediate assistance.
Nick Reed

Post by Nick Reed »

I still can't believe that guy from Missouri ruined a perfectly good brand new G2 by having it changed over to a Keyless Guitar. . . what a waste!
Last edited by Nick Reed on 7 Oct 2009 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Donna Dodd

Post by Donna Dodd »

CrowBear Schmitt wrote:Hi Mike
boy, am i glad i managed to make it on Sunday before you packed it in & got that beautiful black G2 SD 10 for my client in France
just in the nick of time
special thanx to Steve Hitsman & to Mickey Adams ;-)
CrowBear, were YOU in St. Louis?
Donna Dodd
Georgia Steel Guitar Association (GaSGA) Board Member & Website Administrator
"Every person is a new door to a different world."
- from movie Six Degrees of Separation

Come visit my steel guitar store on CafePress! http://www.cafepress.com/zoomwithaview
Webmaster, http://www.georgiasteelguitar.com
CrowBear Schmitt

Post by CrowBear Schmitt »

no i was'nt Queenie
my buddy Steve Hitsman was out scoutin' for me there
Have a blessed Sunday :D