MASGA Jam Thomasville NC featuring Bobbe Seymour

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Chuck Campbell

Post by Chuck Campbell »

Myself and my friend Paul Vendemmia will be there early Sat AM. I'm trying to talk Paul into bringing his $40,000 Emmons with him. :lol: :lol: Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Jack Strayhorn

Post by Jack Strayhorn »

Enjoyed the show today, especailly visiting with old friends and meeting new ones. I hope everyone has had a safe trip back home. I also hope that more shows come to this part of the state. Thanks to Mike Calloway for inviting me to sing, your playing is fantastic. Hats off to super pickers Joe Turner and Woody Ledford. You guys always inspire me to work hard towards improvement.
Ron Beck

MASGA Thomasville nc

Post by Ron Beck »

This was a great show and a special thanks to Kevin Robbins and MR Chandler for everything! especially the band and players! BUMP TO TOP
Chuck Campbell

Post by Chuck Campbell »

Great show. I misplaced 2 (Hard) covers front and back to my effects box. They are black color. If anyone has information about them, please call me at 703-753-7551 or email me. chuckfly4u@aol.com

Thanks,
Chuck Campbell
Joe Turner

Post by Joe Turner »

I would like to thank E.R.and Kevin for inviting
me to play at this great event.Even though this was
the first of the MASGA steel shows in this area,the
crowd was great.I was glad to see the interest in steel guitar.I saw new faces and made new friends,but its always good to see so many of my old friends.Brenda and me were proud to be a part of this event. :)
I really enjoyed playing with the Mitch Snow band
along with my long time friend Woody Ledford.Great job guys.Hope to play with you guys again.
Every steel player did a great job playing at the
show,and each one had something different to offer.Keep up the good work guys.
Thanks to every one who came by my booth to say hello or to buy a play along track.Thank you all
so much.
I was proud to be on the same stage with the great Bobby Seamore.Great job Bobby.And I hope you were
kidding about this your last show.Because you would be greatly missed.

"Wonderful show ER & Kevin"
Marlen S12, Fessenden S12, Cherokee D10
Nashville 112, Session 400s, Electro-Harmonix's MemoryMan
Member: NTSGA, MASGA, ASGA, MSGC, Southern Steel Guitar Convention
Visit me at www.JoeTurnerSteelGuitar.com
Glen E. Lanning

Post by Glen E. Lanning »

Thomasville was a great show!
Election of officers:
Kevin Robbins - President
ER Chandler - Vice President
Chuck Snider - Treasurer
Glen Lanning - Secretary

Pictures of the jam/show will be updated on our website this weekend
Past Secretary/President, MASGA
Mullen U12 (2004)
ShoBud Professional (1970)D10 8/4
Peavey Session 400 Limited/Nashville 1000/Zoom RFX-2000/Peavey EQ-215 Equalizer/Nashville 112
Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

I would like to echo everything my great buddy Joe Turner said. Joe played incredibly well and I want everybody to know that I appreciate his standard guitar playing just as Much. A true musician in every sense of the word.

The courtesy that the players got from Kevin Robbins, and Glen Lanning, was beyond wonderful, treated us like kings,the weather was perfect and I even got to see E.R. Chandler, the vice president and the daddy of several shows in that area. (one of my childhood home areas).

Wish I could have stayed longer but time and I don't see much of each other these days.

Thank you to all the NC players that attended and to the great staff that made our jobs so easy, (best sound system I ever heard!)

Bobbe Seymour,
(Your old Iredell Co. and Catauba River Brother)
Kevin Robbins

Great Jam

Post by Kevin Robbins »

With out a doubt I had the best time of anybody at this jam. A great big thanks goes out to all who jumped in and made this a fantastic event. I know if I start to name folks I'll leave someone out, but, I can't say enough about E.R., Glen, Mitch and the band, Woody, and Tonja for all the hard wok they put in.

I don't know the numbers, but we had a large number of new memberships along with renewals.

The facility was super nice so I'll try to book it again around this time next year.

We had alot of psg players at this event who didn't play. Maybe next time you guys and gals will join in.

Thanks again and God Bless all of you,
Kevin
MASGA, Mullen G2, Hilton, Evans, Webb, Walker
Glen E. Lanning

We had 19 new members sign up - I haven't enterered the renewals yet in the data base, but it will be a GOOD number. Great turnout.
I still plan to have pictures on our web site before the weekend gets away from us.

www.masga.org
Mullen U12 (2004)
Peavey Session 400 Limited/Nashville 1000/Zoom RFX-2000/Peavey EQ-215 Equalizer/Nashville 112
Glen E. Lanning

After many false starts and web posting problems, I finally have the pictures loaded.
ENJOY!
www.masga.org
Mullen U12 (2004)
Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

This was truly a first class event, EVERYONE nees to be there next year.
These guys know how to make everyone happy!

Bobbe :)