Jackson BlackJack Giveaway

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Mickey Adams

Jackson BlackJack Giveaway

Post by Mickey Adams »

I have a Jackson Blackjack 3+5 I will GIVE away, along with a copy of my new book, an amp, volume pedal, and all required accessories needed..
Here are my terms:
If you, or someone you know is deserving of such a gift, write me and tell me why you think that I should consider them. I will review and research every submission sent. Upon my final decision, I will make every effort to deliver the gift to the recipient in person. Please send emails to jetdriver106@gmail.com. I will read each and every letter sent, but I must reserve the right to withdraw this offer at anytime, for obvious reasons.My intention is simply to give back...Please, give me a good reason to provide someone with a gift that will make a difference..
Mickey
ARTIST RELATIONS: MSA GUITARS
2017 MSA LEGEND XL D10, S10, Studio Pro S12 EXE9
Mullen G2, Rittenberry S10, Infinity D10, Zumsteel 8+9
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!
Chris LeDrew

Post by Chris LeDrew »

What a generous gesture, Mickey. You are the real deal, and I'm proud to call you my friend. This will make a deserving player somewhere very, very happy. :)
Jackson Steel Guitars
Web: www.chrisledrew.com
Mickey Adams

Ditto

Post by Mickey Adams »

This is what life is all about Chris...Im proud to call you my friend as well...and I mean that...Mick
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!
Jerry Overstreet

Post by Jerry Overstreet »

Double Wow! Your kindness is staggering. I certaintly hope all nominations are on the up and up and the most deserving candidate receives this fine instrument.
Rick Campbell

Post by Rick Campbell »

Mickey,

If you'd give it to me, I could play it awhile and then sell it and use the money to get my ATP. :)

Seriously, that is a very noble thing you are doing. I'm sure you'll make sure it ends up in the right place. Good luck with it. I'm sure it won't be an easy decision to make.
Shane Glover

Post by Shane Glover »

Mickey ,

Your a class act !!
Richard Damron

Post by Richard Damron »

You're somethin' else!

Keep us informed on a regular basis.
Stu Schulman

Post by Stu Schulman »

Mickey,You are such a wonderful person...From the heart! ;-)
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.
Carey Harper

Post by Carey Harper »

Mickey, I think that s one of the nicest things that i ve ever read on the forum and I know it will be much appreciated.
1974 Emmons PP, Peavey Studio Pro 50 amp.
Jaclyn Jones

Post by Jaclyn Jones »

Mickey does a classy delivery! I have seen it myself. Proud to know such a cool gentleman.[/img]
http://www.myspace.com/jaclynjones
http://www.youtube.com/user/jackiej1950
Lots of guitars, banjos, mandos and a Mullen G2-D10,PAC D10, 1966 Marlen D10,Line6 x3 Pro, Peavey Powerslide, Michael Kelly Dobro and a "Fox Vintage Amp" model 5F8A. Oh Yea, a very patient husband.
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

yezz...mickey...you are a wonderful person ...now, i feel that i am so ugly my self esteem is very low. perhaps i would qualify for this steel and amp as it would brighten my light and shine down on the world as a gift from the steel guitar culture!!

....ahem...i'm easy to reach if you decide to..
Mickey Adams

Flattered

Post by Mickey Adams »

I want you all to know that your kind words are not taken lightly...My email box is filling up fast..
I hope that in the end that the decision I make (And I will post who, and why) as to the recipient will not be scrutinized too harshly, for its is all of you that have made this possible. I have a very good PSG rig that needs to be in the hands of someone that wants, and deserves it..And nothing would give me more pleasure than to be the one that provides it for them...Thanks for helping me.. :D
Casey Lowmiller

Post by Casey Lowmiller »

Mickey is one of the nicest people I have ever met and this is one of the most generous things I've ever heard of on the forum.

Getting a Blackjack and all the gear to start with + Mickey's book should be very beneficial for someone.

I hope it goes to someone who really deserves it.

What an amazing individual!!!

Casey
Known Coast to Coast as
"The Man with The Plan"
Scott Shipley

Post by Scott Shipley »

Mickey, I play a Maverick. Does that qualify me???
:D

Seriously though, VERY cool thing you are doing. Paying it forward brother.
Stephen Gambrell

Post by Stephen Gambrell »

That's class, Mickey. FIRST class.
Austin Tripp

Post by Austin Tripp »

Your what steel guitar is all about Mickey. You inspire me everytime I watch one of your youtube videos. Please keep it up, and it will all come back to you one day. Thanks Mickey.
"Hotrod"
Steel guitarist for Cody Jinks
Member CMA
Eddie D.Bollinger

Post by Eddie D.Bollinger »

OK, This is it.
This is an example of true class and deep generosity.
I pray rich blessings over Mickey and his whole family.

I hope in the future that we can come together in some way, as forumites, and do something similar
to what Mickey is doing.

Eddie
Ken Byng

Post by Ken Byng »

This is a wonderful example of generosity in an age where many people just look after number one.

Mickey - you are a credit to this fraternity.
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Infinity SD10 (4+5) Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,
Charles Curtis

Post by Charles Curtis »

Mickey, IMO, this is great and I hope to meet you someday.
Ernest Cawby

hi mick

Post by Ernest Cawby »

Mickey I pray this goes to someone that would really like to learn Steel Guitar but cannot afford to buy one.
Sure enjoyed meeting and working with You and Roger Eddington in the Mullen room at Dallas, Boy you can sure play a lead ghuitar so well, what a suprise.
Stay well and be safe in the air.
I kid Jack Dougherty all the time about mmissing his trip to Dalls with you.
I am trying to get him to go to Saluda with me this month. That is one of tyhe best try to make it sometime, you will be treated like a king or family member.

ernie
Dick Wood

Post by Dick Wood »

Mickey,you are one purdy nice guy.

Could you bring me my rock after you deliver the guitar..um-kay?
Cops aren't paid much so I steel at night.
Michael Walker

Mickey Adams, what a class act

Post by Michael Walker »

Mickey I started learning Pedal Steel Guitar a little over a year ago. I have been playing standard guitar since I was in high school in 1964. Pedal steel has opened a whole new world for me. I spent 15 months in Vietnam in combat and have PTSD. Playing pedal steel is the way that I decouple from the frustrations that plague myself and those like me. To find someone that has class and is humble at the same time is rare. My hat is off to you and you are deserving of great respect. Keep on pickin'. Best regards.
Hook Moore

Post by Hook Moore »

I must say after looking at the for sale section, I thought mind numbing ""greed"" was taking over. Its nice to see something very different in this post. Mickey , you have my admiration and respect, way to go my friend.
Hook
Rick Campbell

Post by Rick Campbell »

Hey Mickey,

After this is all over, it would be nice if you would post some of the responses you get. Of course you could delete any information that would reveal their identity, if necessary. I'm figuring you'll get some real masterpieces. There's something about getting something for nothing that brings people out of the woodwork.

:)
Mickey Adams

Jammed

Post by Mickey Adams »

My email is already chock full of letters which I began reading this morning. Thank you all for your submissions, and please keep them coming..If anyone at Peterson Tuners would like to reposnd to this, it would be really nice for them to donate a strobo-flip for this package...(probably dreaming right?...LOL)
I have to think about a lot of issues that people may have with disclosure...More than one request has been made to keep the recipient private, and that may actually be better...Regardless of where it goes, I want you all to know, it will go to someone that really deserves it, and will use it...I will make sure of that..
I will also be including the following
A BJS 15/16 Bar, which Bill Stroud provided to me personally, I will pass this on..!
A Peavey Vegas 400, Fox-Modded!
A Goodrich L120 Volume Pedal...Everything needed to get started, or to progress...