Pedal Steel Lessons

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Neil Flanz

Pedal Steel Lessons

Post by Neil Flanz »

Just a short note to advise that I'm accepting new students for One On One lessons in the Austin/central Texas area. Beginners are welcome. If interested please email me at neilflanz@mindspring.com.
Jimmie Brown

Post by Jimmie Brown »

Neil, have ypou moved from Fla.since i talked to you?

Jimmei
Billy Helms

Post by Billy Helms »

Hi Neil
I don't think you remember me but I'm sure you remember my friends Ken Kotsay & J.D. Sauser. Just spoke to Ken to make sure you were the Neil we knew from South Florida and he said you were the same. I just moved to the Houston area last year, wish you wer closer I'd take some lessons " lord knows I need them ". Good luck to you in Austin.
Bill Helms
Bill Waskiewicz

Post by Bill Waskiewicz »

Hi Neil:
Good luck in your new venture, We sure miss you here in florida, It's time for another lesson and my techer flew the coop. Austin is lucky to have a steel player and techer with your talents.
We send you the best, Bill W. Image Image
<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Bill Waskiewicz on 15 May 2004 at 05:02 AM.]</p></FONT>
Jud Thomas

Post by Jud Thomas »

I have to say that I feel really lucky that Neil is here in Austin and that I'm taking lessons from him. He's really patient and encouraging. Not to mention it's awesome as a beginner just to be able to sit down with someone with his experience and listen. I hope others in Austin lookin' for a teacher will take him up on this.
Bill Waskiewicz

Post by Bill Waskiewicz »

Up Up Up
Colm Chomicky

Post by Colm Chomicky »

Drat, I made the mistake of moving from Austin.
Ron Bryson

Post by Ron Bryson »

I studied with Neil in Hollywood last year while I was working "down there". I learned things from him that would have taken me years to dig out on my own. The audio cassettes of the sessions are very valuable since I can still go back and review them. Anyone who is interested in the area should use his valuable resources. Ron
Johnny Cox
Location: Williamsom WVA, raised in Nashville TN, Lives in Hallettsville Texas

Post by Johnny Cox »

Neil, I first want to welcome you to Texas. Folks, Neil is one great player and if you want to learn to play country he is the guy that can teach you.

Johnny
Randy Candler

Post by Randy Candler »

Neil, My boy is 12 yr old and blind . He has been playing the steelguitar since Sept 03. He is very gifted but looking for ways to expand his playing. Have you had any experience with teaching blind players? With the help of some very kind steel players he is going to get a new guitar posted on the tread A GENTEL GIANT. Right now he is playing to tracks and has a few Jeff Newman vidios he listens to. thks Randy

------------------
Neil Flanz

Post by Neil Flanz »

My sincerest thanks go out to everyone who has repsonded to this thread. I've answered and will continue to reply to all of your inquiries personally. I sure do appreciate hearing from you.

Neil
Jimmie Brown

Post by Jimmie Brown »

up
John Troutman

Post by John Troutman »

Bump to the top! Neil is a great guy and is a true asset to Austin steelers and fellow musicians. It has been my distinct pleasure to get to know him since he moved to Texas.
Olaf van Roggen

Post by Olaf van Roggen »

Neil is one of the greatest and most gifted person and steel player i have met in my life.
Still have great memories when we met again in Austin this year.
Neil,the pictures and cd are in the mail!!
Howard Whittington

Post by Howard Whittington »

Well Neil we now have ,, Charleton in the east and Neil in the S. West.

Lets find some other great Teachers to fill
in the gaps..

Take Care..

Whitt
Jimmie Brown

Post by Jimmie Brown »

up
Wally Maples

Post by Wally Maples »

I was lucky enough to hear Randy Chandler's son in Yuma this winter. He was given a pedal steel from the Phoenix steel group as I understand and he can play. I hope you can help him further. He is a neat kid. The first annual convention in Phoenix was super. Can't wait for the next winter. wally
Russ Hicks

Post by Russ Hicks »

Hey Neil....here's wishing you the best in Austin and hoping that anyone in the area interested in furthuring their abilities on pedal steel realize how lucky they are to have 'THE REAL DEAL' in their midst to help them out. Lots of love from Russ & Laney
Jon Kemppainen

Post by Jon Kemppainen »

Kudos to Neil! I just took my first lesson with him and enjoyed every minute of it. He is a very patient, generous and knowledgeable instructor. He is also a great resource of steel guitar history. If you've been wanting to take lessons here in Central Texas, go ahead and get lessons from Neil!

Jon Kemppainen
Bob Taillefer

Post by Bob Taillefer »

Best of luck in Austin! Bonne chance mon ami! Bob