Joe Wright Show-this Sun! 3 P.m.-selma, Nc

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Bowie Martin

Joe Wright Show-this Sun! 3 P.m.-selma, Nc

Post by Bowie Martin »

Joe Wright will be doing his show this Sunday at the Ice House Theatre, 112 N. Webb St., in Selma, NC this Sunday afternoon. We have about 20 seats left available for the show. $12. Call 252-237-6199 and leave your name and number (if we don't answer) & I will be right back to you. Doors open at 2 p.m.

To make it more enticing, Clyde Mattock's great group "Without Further Ado featuring Jessica Gardner" will open the show, plus back Joe up on his set. Clyde puts on a pretty great steel guitar show himself!!

Come out and support steel guitar and country music!
Emmons LeGrande II D-10, Emmons LeGrande III D-10, Emmons LeGrande III S10, Boss Katana 100, Boss Katana 50, Nashville 112
Peavey PX's Speakers, with Profex II, Nashville 1000,
Kevin Robbins

We'll be there!

Post by Kevin Robbins »

Hey Bowie,

E.R. Chandler, myself, and some more friends are looking forward to being there.

Blessings,
Kevin Robbins
MASGA, Mullen G2, Hilton, Evans, Webb, Walker
Donnie Pierce

See you there

Post by Donnie Pierce »

Hope to see everyone tomorrow at the show, Me and several friends are planing to go.
MSA Classic S-10,Zumsteel Encore
Fender Steel King,Fender Twin Reverb
Hilton Pedal,George L Cable
Black Box,Wet Reverb
Donnie Pierce

Great Show

Post by Donnie Pierce »

Great Show,Great Line up, enjoyed it.....
MSA Classic S-10,Zumsteel Encore
Fender Steel King,Fender Twin Reverb
Hilton Pedal,George L Cable
Black Box,Wet Reverb
Joseph Barlow

Post by Joseph Barlow »

Thanks Bowie for making this event happen. It was a great show. I think Clyde Mattocks might just be my favorite player! He is the main reason that I started playing steel. Joe Wright was amazing as always. What a great guy and entertainer. Sorry I didn't get to visit after the show but the long trip back to Virginia was calling my name. Bowie, thanks again for the great show and a special thanks to Clyde for being such a great inspiration to all steel players in this neck of the woods. Hey Bowie, what's the chances of making this same show an annual event. Thanks again! Joe
Clyde Mattocks

Post by Clyde Mattocks »

Thanks Joe for the nice words and to all who attended. It was a fun day for all of us. I think
Joe enjoyed the venue, too. Yes, there is already talk of making it an annual event. Bowie was encouraged by the turnout. He loves steel guitar
and I know it is gratifying to him to see so many others enjoy it.
LeGrande II, Nash. 112, Harlow Dobro
Bowie Martin

Great show by Joe Wright and Clyde Mattocks!!

Post by Bowie Martin »

Well, what a special day it was! Having the great Joe Wright and Clyde Mattocks (and his his fine group "Without Further Ado featuring Jessica Gardner") for putting on one of the best shows we have ever had at the Ice House Theatre in Selma, NC!! Many of the locals had never seen Joe, and many that drove in had never heard Clyde. Between all the steelers there, all were in awe of Joe and Clyde.
Great showmen, great entertainers ~ and on top of all that great professionals, and just fine people.

We have already had numerous request for repeat of the show, and we will do it early next year!!

For those of you that did not come, what a shame!
It was a day to be remembered!!

Thank you Joe - you were on your "A" game! You have a recommendation from us ~ we could not have asked for more! And, your wife Connie is a wonderful vocalist. Terrific singer (and durn nice lady)!

Clyde ~ my friend, you are great! When Clyde opened the show he said he was going to play every hot lick he knew, and then let Joe come on and wipe it up. Well, Joe did tear it up, but Clyde my friend, you can hold your own anywhere!

And thanks to the "Without Further Ado band featuring Jessica Gardner." Might as well remember the name - you will be hearing a lot from them!! You guys/girl were super.

Plus, my thanks to the MASGA for supporting the show; without your help I could not have gotton it done! Hats off to E. R. Chandler, Glen Lanning, Kevin Robbins, and Russ Kerns (MASGA Officers) for letting this happen.

Make sure you thank my partners Danny and Barbara Harrell (sound, lights, operations, tickets, concessions, baby sitting, complaints, etc. It would not happen if they were not with me all the way!

Bowie Martin
Country Tonight Show, The Ice House Theatre, Selma,NC
Emmons LeGrande II D-10, Emmons LeGrande III D-10, Emmons LeGrande III S10, Boss Katana 100, Boss Katana 50, Nashville 112
Peavey PX's Speakers, with Profex II, Nashville 1000,
Jerome Hawkes

Post by Jerome Hawkes »

yes, thanks to bowie, joe, clyde, and all the folks in the shadows that made that a great show. that is such a great venue for music, all the seats are great. we are so lucky to have a dedicated steel "club" here in eastern nc. and any of you folks close to I-95, wherever you are, selma is right off the exit - the club is 1/2 mile at best from I-95, so dont be afraid to jump on the interstate and come sometime.

look forward to it being an annual show!
'65 Sho-Bud D-10 Permanent • '54 Fender Dual-8 • Clinesmith T-8 • '38 Ric Bakelite • '92 Emmons D-10 Legrande II
Franklin Jones

Post by Franklin Jones »

Bowie,just a note tell you that the Joe Wright show was great.Well worth the drive from Richmond.Thnk you for allowing Jim Kain and myself to come in before the show early.Clyde was great also.
Frank Jones Richmond Va.
Glen E. Lanning

Post by Glen E. Lanning »

Pictures from the Joe Wright Show are now on the MASGA web site.

www.masga.org
Past Secretary/President, MASGA
Mullen U12 (2004)
ShoBud Professional (1970)D10 8/4
Peavey Session 400 Limited/Nashville 1000/Zoom RFX-2000/Peavey EQ-215 Equalizer/Nashville 112