Laptop to NV112 question

Q&A about PGMusic's popular accompaniment software

Moderator: David Collins

Tamara James

Laptop to NV112 question

Post by Tamara James »

Has anyone successfully been able to go directly from the laptop to the NV112? What kind of a cable is needed? Where can I get it?

I have been using my Roland Micro cube,which works OK, but it would be nice to have the steel and the track both coming through the same amp. I could balance the sound better. Please don't suggest I run it though a boss tone or rack type setup. I don't have those addons.

Any thoughts?
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

Run the Speaker/Line Out on the PC to the Preamp Out/CD In jack on the rear of the amp. That will allow you play along with BIAB (or whatever from the PC) and you will hear both on in the NV112's speaker. That is what the "CD In" is designed for.

You will need a cable with a 1/8" (3.5mm) stereo plug for the PC end and a standard 1/4" guitar plug for the NV112 end. Or use a cable with 1/8" stereo plugs on each end and then a 1/8" to 1/4" stereo adapter plug (what I'm using with my iPod which is basically the same set up with the same type of cable.
Tamara James

Post by Tamara James »

on the back? There's jacks on the back?

Yep. no 14.

I threw that paperwork in the file the day I got it. I like this NV112 more and more. I feel kinda stupid, though. Am I the only one who didn't know? :roll:

I can run the Ipod through there [reducing the need to carry the laptop around] and the Tascam guitar trainer. I've been struggling with this quite awhile now.

THANKS, Jack!! :D
Andy Sandoval

Post by Andy Sandoval »

Here's what you need Tamara. Click Here
Bo Borland

Post by Bo Borland »

I use my ipod thru it all the time. I got the cable at Radioshack. I bought cable that has RCA plugs on the other end so i can plug into the PA media input too. I use an adapter 2xrca in to mono 1/4" out for the nv112
David Collins

Post by David Collins »

I too do this quite often with very good results.

I do it for practice, and once in a while at nursing homes or other small setups when I'm playing solo.

David
Tamara James

Post by Tamara James »

thanks everyone! Working great. What a difference in sound.

I'm sure the folks in the next-door apartments are grateful too. They can now hear the backup tracks as well as me. What a treat that must be for them. >:-) :lol:
David Collins

Post by David Collins »

Go get em'
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

8) :D