Handmade Curly Maple Resonator Guitar For Sale

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Gerald Jones

Handmade Curly Maple Resonator Guitar For Sale

Post by Gerald Jones »

One of a kind resonator guitar, hand built by K.G.Jones, for sale. Solid wood, no plywood.
Curly maple with walnut binding, trim and neck lamination.Clear laquer finnish. Sound post
and baffle design with Quarterman cone, ebony capped, maple bridge inserts, bone nut, and
Allen tail piece. Ebony fret board with hearts and flowers pearl inlay. Walnut inlay on back
is continuation of hearts and flowers design.Beautiful instrument. Sounds great.
$2000.00 prefer cash. no checks,money orders, or credit cards please.
Last edited by Gerald Jones on 25 Sep 2009 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bo Borland

Post by Bo Borland »

sweet!
Gerald Jones

Post by Gerald Jones »

Thanks, I think it turned out pretty decent. Hope someone likes it well enough to want it.
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

nice...you made this yourself? can't be your first attempt. any relation to rudy q jones? i'd love to be able to play it to see what it sounds like...course i still wouldn't have three grand, ha ha.
Michael Matthews

bunparoo

Post by Michael Matthews »

bump it up for a good friend, mr. jones is an honest man and i've seen and heard his guitars and let me tell you there all are as good as anything or better and sweet sounding great tone to the bone as anything on the market today..good luck with the sale Gerald...later...mike :D
Chris Boyd

Post by Chris Boyd »

That is a gorgeous instrument..
Gerald Jones

Post by Gerald Jones »

Thanks,Chris B.,Chris I.,and Bo. I really appreciate the nice things you guys said. Chris Ivey, this is only the second reso I've ever built and I am not related to Mr. Rudy Q. Jones. I would be thrilled if my resos turned out to be half as good as I've heard his are. My first guitar is pretty much the same as the one I have posted although I did make a few improvements.
Gerald
P.S. Here are some pics of my first reso.
KGJ
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

man, what a way to start. you obviously have got a good grasp on building these things.