BIAB audio disappeard

Q&A about PGMusic's popular accompaniment software

Moderator: David Collins

Lee Brideau

BIAB audio disappeard

Post by Lee Brideau »

For some strange reason I've lost the audio on my biab. I have audio on everything else (real player etc). Looking in my biab manual it talks about the midi output driver. I've searched my computer and can't find anything about it. I went as far as removing and re-installing the biab and still nothing. Anyone got any ideas for a guy who still thinks a computer is just a typewriter in front of a tv. Thanks...Lee
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

BIAB uses MIDI to generate it's audio. The MIDI in turn "feeds" your sound card. Check the MIDI setup in BIAB and you should probably have an option for the Microsoft GS Wavetable MIDI Synth. Make sure that is selected, under "Opt" in BIAB.
John Gould

Post by John Gould »

BIAB also will use a virtual sound generator like VSC from Roland and some versions of BIAB come with VSC and in your BIAB setup you select it as the Midi output driver. That is located under the opt. drop down menu.
Good Luck
A couple of guitars
Nashville 1000 Fender Mustang III Boss Katana MKII 50
Emmons LeGrande II and Sho Bud Pro II
Ken Lang

Post by Ken Lang »

This is kinda related. I use DXi for BIAB and Microsoft GS for Cakewalk. BIAB works fine but now when I midi out to Cakewalk I have to go to sounds and audio devices and turn up the midi synth again.

Something is shutting down the Microsoft synth while the DXi is playing. Didn't used to do that. Ideas?

Actually I'd like to use the DXi for Cakewalk as well but can't seem to find how to do that.
heavily medicated for your safety
Robert Tripp

Post by Robert Tripp »

It may be your sound card Ken. If you are using a pci card it will have it's own settings, If you are using realtec or something built into the mother board, you can probably only run one midi program at a time without interfering with the routing within the realtec board.
http://www.reverbnation.com/roberttrippmusic

http://www.reverbnation.com/roberttrippgospel

I might be a beginner now, but someday I'm gonna steel the show.
Bo Legg

Post by Bo Legg »

I have sound blaster and sometimes when I play audio in another program the SW Synth gets reset to zero. Since other the programs are using wav files you won't notice the Synth is at zero. Anytime I lose my audio in BIAB that was the problem. I just open the volume control panel and tweak the synth slider back up to taste.