A Real Country Gig

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Jody Sanders

A Real Country Gig

Post by Jody Sanders »

Saturday I had a great gig at the Trinity VFW Hall in Trinity,Tx. with Gene Brogdon and the High Stakes Band. Tradidional country all the way. Lots of Ray Price, Buck Owens, Faron Young, Charlie Walker, Vern Gosdin, George Jones, and many more. I had the time of my life. This is a real good band of pros and I certainly hope they will call me again. Jody.
Willis Vanderberg

Post by Willis Vanderberg »

Wow Jody:
It don't get much better than that. I had the same type of gig three months ago. Solid country and everyone was right on.A great country drummer and bass player also. It made for a fast evening, I was sorry it had to end. I hope to make it to your jam soon, Hi to all the SE Texas folks..

Bud
Brandon Ordoyne

Post by Brandon Ordoyne »

Hi Hody! sounds like you had a great time! :)

Brandon
'74 Emmons D10 P/P 8x5,'15 Rittenberry D10 8x5, Peavey Nashville 112, 400 & 1000, Fender Twin Reverb Tone Master, Hilton, Goodrich L120, Boss DD-3 and RV-3
Keith Junot

Post by Keith Junot »

Jody did you guys do any Haggard ? just kiddin , A good Country gig is getting harder and harder to find . I am fortunate to play with a group that does nothing but Classic Country , Western Swing & Cajun ... take care , Keith
Joe Miraglia

Post by Joe Miraglia »

I'm fortunate to be playing with any band. You know what?-I'm having fun at it,even though we don't play any Haggard :cry: Joe

www.willowcreekband.com
Jody Sanders

Post by Jody Sanders »

Yes Keith. It would not be a good country gig without the Hag. Jody.
Last edited by Jody Sanders on 13 May 2009 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Miraglia

Post by Joe Miraglia »

Yep! Gotta have them fighting songs >:-). Looks like my bands not good counrty, oh well :( :( Joe
Ronnie Boettcher

Post by Ronnie Boettcher »

Y'all are lucky. My good ole country gig is every day playing in my bedroom, with my black lab for the audience. And yes there is a few "Hag" songs. Even a old one by Wilma Lee Cooper, called "Row #2, seat #3.
Sho-Bud LDG, Martin D28, Ome trilogy 5 string banjo, Ibanez 4-string bass, dobro, fiddle, and a tubal cain. Life Member of AFM local 142