Indy Steel Club Show '04

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Don E. Curtis

Indy Steel Club Show '04

Post by Don E. Curtis »

Don't forget about the INDY Steel Show next month, March 21st, at the American Legion on South 31 just south of Indianapolis starting at 11:30am and featuring Hall Of Fame Members John Hughey and DeWitt "Scotty" Scott.
Along with Dana Flood from Maine, Sharon Denny, Yours Truly and others.
Great Show!
Don E. Curtis

Post by Don E. Curtis »

More better information for you:
If you're on I465 just go south on HWY 31S to the Legion. If you're heading north or south on I65 then head to exit #99 and go West on Main Street to the 5th Stop Light, then left on 31S and the Legion is on the right. The address is:

American Legion #252
334 US HYW 31 S
Greenwood, IN 46142

317-881-1752

Featured Steelers:
John Hughey H.O.F.
DeWitt 'Scott' Scott H.O.F.
Don E. Curtis
Dana Flood (Maine)
Chester Brummett
Jess Hurt (Ohio)
Sharon Denney
Gary Martin

For more info just call Sharon Denney at 317-535-9722
Or email golddust8@juno.com

Hope this helps and hope to see you there, come up and say, "Hey!"
Don
Don E. Curtis

Post by Don E. Curtis »

Okay Steel Fans...here's the schedule:

Chet Brummett 11:30am-12:00
Dana Flood 12:05-12:35
Scotty & Don Curtis 12:40-1:40
(we are doing a Duet)

Break

Gary Martin 2:00-2:30
Sharon Denny & Goldust Band 2:35-3:05
Jess Hurt 3:10-3:40

Break

John Hughey 4:00-???

See you there!
There is food, and booths and such...
Don
Mike McBride

Post by Mike McBride »

I am really looking forward to this. How many attendees do you expect? How much is admission?
Don E. Curtis

Post by Don E. Curtis »

Mike, probably about 100...not too big and very intimate. The door should be about $10 for Members and $12 for non members...and you DO NOT have to be a member or accompanied by a member to get in, so come on! Food bar, products booths, great music and wonderful comeraderie. Wish I had a spell checker...See you there!
Don & Scotty
Joe Alterio

Post by Joe Alterio »

I'm looking forward to this Image
Don E. Curtis

Post by Don E. Curtis »

Local Singing Great, Sammy Dee will be doing a cameo performance at the show...with me, Joey Parmerly on Bass, and my son, Don Jr. on Drums...should be a tight set.
Getting anxious...
Gary Martin

Post by Gary Martin »

I'm looking forward to coming down and performing with such great steelers. What an honor! We have snow here today but I know it will be "hot" this coming Sunday!
Joe Alterio

Post by Joe Alterio »

Mike McBride

Post by Mike McBride »

Will anyone have steel guitars for sale? Is there a "swap meet" aspect to this event?
Steve Hitsman

Post by Steve Hitsman »

Who the hell is this Curtis guy?
Steve Hitsman

Post by Steve Hitsman »

I am just kidding Jan. Don is a good friend but he insists on referring to my lovely wife as my "daughter" and to me as a steel "owner". Just trying to get even.
Steve Hitsman

Post by Steve Hitsman »

Incidentally, Jan, I used to live in Sullivan. Worked for the Blesi's at Mid-America Shoe Co. If you're the city clerk you probably know my old friend Jack Wenzel. Everyone else please excuse this personal post.
Gary Martin

Post by Gary Martin »

Just returned home to Columbia City from the Indy Steel Guitar show where it was snowing outside but the "hot licks" flowing off of the Steel Guitars of John Hughey, Don Curtis, Scotty, Sharon Denney, and Chet Brummett kept the heat up on the inside. I can't remember names very well but it was such a nice informal show with a bunch of just nice people. It was so nice of John Hughey to take requests from the audiences favorite songs instead of holding to a set performance and he played each one with a masterful touch and pleasing tone. Don Curtis had a wonderful imitation of "if Willie played steel it might sound like this". I closed my eyes for a minute and could even imagine Willie settin at the steel. Sharon Denney and her Gold Dust band was very entertaining with some special arrangements of classic tunes. (Her lady bass player rocks)! Chet Brummett and his band played some wonderful tunes in which he just made the chord structures flow off of his C6th neck with ease. Special thanks to Sharon for inviting me and my "Out-Of-Towners" band to perform for such a wonderful and receptive audience.
Joe Alterio

Post by Joe Alterio »

All the steel players were great, and I was quite impressed with John Hughey's interaction with the audience and his overall good nature. Super nice guy :-)

I do have to call out one pedal steeler, though....Sharon Denney completely floored me with her playing. I was very impressed with her delivery of the songs she played (very upbeat style) and the sound of that little, yet monstrous, Sierra 14-string through that huge Crate amp....she also deserves special kudos for helping keep the Indy Steel Club running over the past few years.

Joe
Kevin Chriss

Post by Kevin Chriss »

I loved the show and had a great time. Some special highlights for me was Don Curtis's view of how Willie Nelson would have played a pedal steel and I always love hearing Scotty play his Fry Pan. A special thanks goes to Sharon Denney and The Gold Dust Band. If you've never heard these gals they are a must see.