OK, Fess Up-How Many Subcribe to Bobbe's Tips

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Wally Taylor

OK, Fess Up-How Many Subcribe to Bobbe's Tips

Post by Wally Taylor »

I am continually both entertained and educated by Bobbe's Tips. As a student of the steel, I find his contributions to be of great benefit to the history and impact the steel has made to the music community.
I have visited his shop on several occasions and he has always treated me as if I were a valued customer, taken time to explain things, answer any questions a novice would have, and over all, just treats you as a friend.
Take a trip to his place, get to talk to him and you will leave not only with an armload of freebies, but a promise that you will gladly return as soon as you can. He is a walking, talking piece of steel history and professional musician that is a gem to our obsession. It does not matter if you are a seasoned steel professional or a novice, you will garner the same respect from Bobbe.
In reality, much of the Bobbe's Tips are actually based on comments or questions people have posed to him. I do not know about the rest of you guys, but I would not miss the Bobbe's Tips for anything in the world and I look forward to each publication. Thank you Bobbe for taking the time and for caring about what is important to the steel world.
Anyone else have a comment on what Bobbe and/or his publications mean to you?

Wally
Charles Davidson

Post by Charles Davidson »

Wally, I thought everybody did,If they don't,they should.simple as that. DYKBC.
Hard headed, opinionated old geezer. BAMA CHARLIE. GOD BLESS AMERICA. ANIMAL RIGHTS ACTIVIST. SUPPORT LIVE MUSIC !
Drew Howard

Post by Drew Howard »

+1
c c johnson

Post by c c johnson »

+2 cc
CrowBear Schmitt

Post by CrowBear Schmitt »

+ 3
John P. Phillips

Post by John P. Phillips »

+ 4
Just remember,
You don�t stop playing cause you get older,
You get older cause you stop playing ! http://www.myspace.com/johnpphillips
Robert Cates

tips

Post by Robert Cates »

+5 and could I have a minute to talk please

Although I have never met Bobbe I can tell that he is passionate about Steel guitar. I look forward to every issue of his letter. Everyone who loves Steel should take advantage of his generousity. Thank you Bobbe for your sharing and hopefully I can make it down there someday.

The closest person that we have to Bobbe up in Maine is Dana Flood. If you ever get a chance to stop in to his place you had better be prepared to talk Steel all day. Very interesting talking to him. Of course this is not meant to take away from Bobbe(Bobbe is older and wiser) but I do enjoy stopping in and talking steel with Dana

Once again..thank you Bobbe

Bob
Sonny Priddy

bobbe

Post by Sonny Priddy »

bobbe Has Been our friend For years We Go There every Time We Can. SONNY & MELVA.
Pete Woronowski

Post by Pete Woronowski »

From Bobbe's new tips to his old stories his newsletters are hard to beat!
Mullen Royal Precision
Jack Dougherty

Post by Jack Dougherty »

WHO??? :?
There is no such thing as too many steels!!
Emmons P/P 8/7 Strings....whatever I have.....Picks..mixed...Bars...one of four..but I like the Bullet Bar
Walker Stereo Steel Amp

TC M1 XL
Peavey Vegas Fox Mod
Various sundries and toys..
Roger Crawford

Post by Roger Crawford »

A day without Bobbe's newsletter is like a day without sunshine. Bobbe always mixes some great steel guitar information and advice with some humorous stories of life in the musical fast lane. I think his number of subscribers would astound you.
Charles Curtis

Bobbe's newsletter

Post by Charles Curtis »

I am also a happy camper with Bobbe's newsletter. I hope that someday Bobbe will put out a book, hopefully with pics and history of the psg from his viewpoint. I am most interested in buying a copy if he does this. Thanks Bobbe.
john buffington

Post by john buffington »

I'm on his "list"!
John Buffington
Tony Dingus

Post by Tony Dingus »

I'm on it too and I enjoy them. Myself and one of my friends payed Bobbe a visit this past Thursday and had a great time, I just wished I could have stayed longer.

Tony
Elizabeth West

Post by Elizabeth West »

I too am on his hit list.
Alan Brookes

Post by Alan Brookes »

Me too. :D Meet who ? :\
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

i'll sign up for anything that's free. as a matter of fact, jay riley, sacramento steelist, forwarded a free application for nra membership...now i can vote for being able to protect my family!
Randal Smith

Post by Randal Smith »

I hope that someday Bobbe will put out a book
He'd have to change the names to protect the guilty! :D

Seriously, I have to agree. I'd love to read a book of Bobbe's stories. And I always look forward to the newsletters. It's very rare for me to have a day off during the week, but when I do, I always drop by his shop to hang out with him and Dan. It's fun, entertaining and informative, and you never know who else might show up.

And if he does write a book, I hope he puts in that story about the time that stripper. . .well, maybe not.
Randal Smith alias Smitty the Kid
Nashville, TN
Simmons SD10
Warmoth Custom Guitar
Gibson GA-20 Amp
"We have enough youth, how about a Fountain of Smart?"
joe long

Post by joe long »

Me.
Skip Ellis

Post by Skip Ellis »

I'm in there!
2013 Brook Torridge, 2014 Martin 000-18, two homebrew Teles, Evans RE200 amp, Quilter 101R head, understanding wife of 45 years. 'Steeless' at the moment but looking......
Mark van Allen

Post by Mark van Allen »

I've signed up again recently, but not getting newsletters. I think I might have ticked him off... 8) 8)
Curtis G. Greene

Post by Curtis G. Greene »

Yes, Bobbe is great. But don't forget Danny, the backbone of Nashville Steel Guitar. CGG
Gregg Thacker

Post by Gregg Thacker »

I used to aand could expect a newsletter from Bobbe but I haven't received one in a month of Sundays. I suppose it could be due to his situation with his hand. Hoep to start gettin' them soon.

Gregg
If it don't have a Steel, it ain't real!
Bernie Gonyea

Bobbe Who ?

Post by Bernie Gonyea »

:D :whoa: :lol:

Uncle Doug and I , too , think bobbe is very cool. very talented, a fine story teller and most of all , a great lover [ Of the Steel Guitar ]. I look forward to his news-letter and tips every week. Keep em' comin, Bobbe; you is Da Man..Bernie :whoa: :whoa: :whoa:
2007 Zum S-10; 1967 Sho-Bud [ D-10 ]; 85 S-10 Sierra; 1953 Multi-Kord [ 6 String- 4 pedals ] A Sho-Bro six String Resonator Guitar; Nashville 112 Amp; hilton Vol. Pedal
Geoff Cole

Post by Geoff Cole »

The steel guitar world would be so much poorer if it weren't for Bobbe Seymour, the guy is a diamond. I love him to death.