The Wheeling Jamboree

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Joseph V. Sapp

The Wheeling Jamboree

Post by Joseph V. Sapp »

our Band, (The Incredible Driftin Whistlepigs), will be at the Victoria Theatre May 16th. (saturday). Strictly Traditional country with a ton of steel...On-Air warm up show 6:30 to 7:00pm, and Live on the Jamboree Radio Network or online at www.WWVA.tv
Stop up and say Hi. First Coffee is on me. Hope to see ya there.

God Bless

Joe
Bob Cox

Post by Bob Cox »

I am playing the Wheeling Jamboree this Sat 25. for the Legendary Ramblin Roy Scott, a long time favorite on the show for years.His Daughters will also be on the show.You can also tune in for Internet TV for this show.I will tune in for your show Joseph on may 16.
Joseph V. Sapp

Post by Joseph V. Sapp »

Bob

LOL,,,just got off the phone with Jim Thompson, and I'll see ya this weekend,,,heck,,,we can bend each others ears over some coffee.... looking forward to meeting you.

God Bless
Joe
Jim Wilson

Wheeling Jamboree

Post by Jim Wilson »

Iam looking forward to being at the Jamboree also, Will be there June 27th with Shelby Nestler and the makeminecountryband,All traditional country, Shelby is a great singer and performer. Jim Wilson
www.makeminecountryband.com
Franklin D10, Franklin SD10, Mullen G2 SD10, Peavey NV400, Peavey Nashville 112
Tommy Allison

Post by Tommy Allison »

(The Incredible Driftin Whistlepigs), I love it. Who's the lead singer Punxsutawney Phil?
Greg Cutshaw

Post by Greg Cutshaw »

I played a lot of shows with Crazy Elmer, Hylo Brown and Jimmy ???????? (New England Country Gentleman). Another era perhaps, but Wheeling has some great talent!

If anyone could shoot me a copy of Roy Scott's "The Color Song" and flip side "Highway Man" I'd be very grateful! Joe Tippe played steel on these and the guitar picker was just awesome also.

Greg
John Bechtel

Post by John Bechtel »

I worked the Wheeling Jamboree a lot in the early 60's, with Curley Herdman and the W Wa. Boys! Then in ’67 I moved from Nashville to Wheeling, to take over for Big Jim Murphy, when he left the Staff~Band. However, there was no other work available in that area during the week, so; I just couldn't stay there and returned to Nashville at the end of ’67 and picked up a 10-week Far East USO Tour with Jimmy Payne and ‘The Payne Gang’. [Writer of: Woman, Woman, Have You Got Cheating On Your Mind?] That's when I met my wife of 39-yrs. in Seoul, Korea! Those Wheeling Days were also connected with Smiley Roberts and the Jimmy Stevens band! I also remember Joe Tippe and Leo LaBlanc, both very fine players! And, if you haven't heard Smiley lately, you're really missing something!
<marquee> Go~Daddy~Go, (No), Go, It's your Break Time</marquee> L8R, jb
My T-10 Remington Steelmaster
Joseph Barcus

Post by Joseph Barcus »

Joe
I would love to have the chance to play that stage sometime in my life, all I get is the crumbs lol. Joe Barcus
Joseph V. Sapp

Post by Joseph V. Sapp »

Jim,,,,Huntingdon isn't that far,,,we need to get together and do some pickin.

Tommy,,,I'll be in Washington, Pa. this weekend, doing Jim's show,,hope to see you there.

Creg: I grew up in Western Pa. (Monroeville),,,

Big John,,,havent seen you since Steve's show in Bristol,,you sure sounded super.

Joe,,Give me a call,,I'm enjoying the youtube intros your doing. good stuff

Thank you all for looking at this post,,The Forum is one super place.

God Bless
Joe

www.incredibledriftinwhistlepigs.com
www.myspace.com/465888095
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Hi Joe Buddie sure wish Anna and I weree able to come down there and see you.I have a T-Shirt from Steve Lenords first Steel Show in Bristol and I have Big John's Autograph on it with a lot of others as I won the T-Shirt.Anna and I will see you on our way buy to go and buy a home in N.C. as soon as this place is sold.Be talking to you.
Sam White
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Hi Joe Buddie sure wish Anna and I weree able to come down there and see you.I have a T-Shirt from Steve Lenords first Steel Show in Bristol and I have Big John's Autograph on it with a lot of others as I won the T-Shirt.Anna and I will see you on our way buy to go and buy a home in N.C. as soon as this place is sold.Be talking to you.
Sam White
Jim Wilson

Wheeling

Post by Jim Wilson »

Joe, You are rite we will have to get togather sometime and do some picking, I get down near you on ocassion and know some of the same player's that you do,I talk to Alen Golden a good bit and also Tim McCarty play's in the band with us. Jim W www.makeminecountryband.com
Ben Lawson

Post by Ben Lawson »

Greg would that be the Crazy Elmer from Trexlertown Pa? His left hand got messed up in a car wreck years ago. If it's the same guy he's works with us now in eastern Pa & NJ. I heard that Joe Tippie quit playing steel and just plays golf now. He was as good as they get on steel. I used to tease him about that "old Marlin" he played but he showed me how it's done regularly.
Tommy Allison

Post by Tommy Allison »

^T^T^T^
Tamara James

Re: The Wheeling Jamboree

Post by Tamara James »

Joseph V. Sapp wrote:On-Air warm up show 6:30 to 7:00pm, and Live on the Jamboree Radio Network or online at www.WWVA.tv
I'll be listening at www.WWVA.tv
Last edited by Tamara James on 17 May 2009 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joseph V. Sapp

Post by Joseph V. Sapp »

The Past couple of weeks,,,the Band has worked quite hard on our presentation, and hope that yall enjoy it. I know we are really excited about it. dont forget,,,This Saturday, May 16th.
www.wheelingjamboree.org

God Bless
Joe

Emmons LeGrande lll, D-10 8X7 Emmons LeGrande ll SD-10 4X5, Pair of Nashville 112's, PX-300, Revelation Pre-amp. Lexicon MPX-100.
Joseph V. Sapp

Post by Joseph V. Sapp »

^T^T^T

Tommy,,,,Hope ya can make it,,,,its going to be a blast.

Joe
Tommy Allison

Post by Tommy Allison »

Good Lord willin' and the crick don't get too deep from all this rain.
Mike Martz

Post by Mike Martz »

Joe - I'm planning on tuning in Saturday. Looking forward to hearing you again. Knock 'em out!!!! and have a Great Time!
Mike
David Ziegler

Post by David Ziegler »

Good luck old buddy! I hope I can get it tuned in. I used to listen to the Wheeling Jamboree all the time in my youth(a long time ago). Some really fond memories. The Victoria looks like a great venue from the outside. I may see if I can make the 2 hour ride over Saturday evening, but I can't make any promises, everyone else in my family pretty much plans my life out for me. Any idea what tickets go for?
Joseph V. Sapp

Post by Joseph V. Sapp »

Hi Dave:

Good to hear from you. I'm not sure of the ticket price,,,Call 1-800-505-7464,,,,Thats the Box office and weekdays they are open till 5pm. Hope to see ya Saturday.

God Bless

Joe
Jim Thompson

Post by Jim Thompson »

Good luck on the show, buddy. Wish I could hear it but as you know, I've been Roy Scott's steel player for the last 17 years, and we have a gig Saturday night, at the same time you're on the show. We're playing at Leo's in Mt. Pleasant, PA from 7:30 'til 11PM. Knock 'em dead.
Zum U-12 8&6, Emmons p/p SD12U, Dekley U12, Session 2000, Peavey Session 115, Nashville 112.Tubefex/Stewart1000 Pro, Jagwire strings.
John Heinrich

Post by John Heinrich »

Looks great! John
John
www.johnheinrich.com
Double 10 2001 EXCEL
Single 10 2008 EXCEL "My Money Maker"
Single neck universal 14 string EXCEL
Dobro, Saxophone, Oboe, English Horn, Flute, Horn Sections, Lap Steel
615/828-1182 cell
Tommy Allison

Post by Tommy Allison »

Joe, just got home. We thoroughly enjoyed the show tonight. I know what a great steel picker you are but, I always forget how good you sing too. Y'all keep doin' what you're doin' cause it sure works.
Joseph V. Sapp

Post by Joseph V. Sapp »

Folks, I just walked in the door, and what a super weekend. The entire staff at the Victoria was really on top of their game. The sound both on stage and front of house was quite impressive. Earl, Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity of being there.

Tom,,,what a nice surprise seeing you and your bride again. That ment alot to me. Tommy and Sandy,,,I know it was a drive, (hope the dogs are ok),,,and super to see you again.

The McLure hotel,,,,all good stuff, awsome rooms, great food,super service. and all within a few steps of the Victoria. We've taken alot of good pics and I should have them posted by tomorrow night,,,so please check them out at
www.myspace.com/incredibledriftinwhistlepigs

Jim, I know your gig on Saturday went well,,,(you were on steel),,,and it dont get any better than that.

Hope to see you all soon. for now, Stay safe, take care, and God Bless.

Joe