Saluda Show/Walker Seats

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Ray Walker

Saluda Show/Walker Seats

Post by Ray Walker »

I am proud to announce that I will have a booth at the Saluda show with a full compliment of Walker Seats available for all to touch and see. Here is where you will be able to actually sit down and enjoy what a Walker Seat actually feels like and then you will know why so many of the great steel players are using this seat. I will be on hand to answer any questions you may have regarding the construction and warranty on these seats, as well as custom seats which many have requested. John Hughey will have his seat there as well. You might want to rush out and buy a seat because yours is just plain worn out but there's another very important reason to choose Walker Seats. We are all so very proud of our fine guitars and we all want to play the best guitars we can. Then why settle for second best on the seat we must sit on to play that guitar. I look forward to meeting you all in Saluda, SC. What a great array of players and Jeff Newman can fix your problems or just show you a few things you just may not have known. The folks at Saluda are unsurpassed for their great shows and unbelievable southern hospitality. Come on out and enjoy a great weekend with old friends and meet some new ones.

Ray Walker
Walker Seats
John Floyd

Post by John Floyd »

Will be good to see You there Ray, Boy we are getting on the map for sure with Walker Seats showing up.
Saw one of your seats that Jeb Baldwin had last Noverember, I said to myself , Self, you know the guy who is making those Walker seats is going someplace. Sure enough I was right, you are going to Saluda. Image

BTW
Nice job on the seat Image
<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by John Floyd on 10 February 2004 at 08:15 AM.]</p></FONT>
Danny Hullihen

Post by Danny Hullihen »

No question about it, folks, the Ray Walker seats are the finest money can buy. You could pay more, and you might pay less for something else, but you won't find any better quailty or service anywhere. What's more... there's no long waiting lists to get one built for you. Ray has an extensive line of dealers throughout the nation, and most dealers have the complete line of Walker seats in stock, ready to ship.

Be sure to stop by and visit with Ray at the steel shows. Ray is very knowledgable, and a real pleasure to talk to.
Ray Walker

Post by Ray Walker »

Image HA! Image That's right John....Saluda, South Carolina. What a great place for my seats to be and what a great place to have fun with some of the best people on earth. Just ask the folks who have been there and ask the players John Hughey, Tommy Dodd, Herby Wallace, Randy (the man) Beavers and all the other great players who routinely show up to play. And I am proud to be a part of such a great event this time as well.

Danny I thank you my friend but you must put that plug in for you too. Folks Danny IS a Walker Seat Dealer and he has a full line of seats on display for you to see and sit on at his shop Harrison Music in Harrison Mi. He also has super deals on all your steel guitar needs as well as all of your other musical needs and you won't have to worry about getting a bad deal cause Danny is one of the most trustworthy men I know and he actually "cares" about people.

Let's all head out to Saluda. I'm bringing with me some friends from Virgina and more than a couple here from North Carolina. Look Forward to seeing you all there

Ray Walker

By the Way, we keep a good inventory here at the shop and the Walker Seat dealers also keep a full inventory in stock as Danny mentioned. You see we work on seats EVERYDAY here in the shop and when a dealer calls for seats they get seats cause I gave them all my word that they wouldn't have to wait. If they get in a pinch we also ship directly from here for them when they ask. It's what we believe is missing in business today....Prompt Service and reliability. THAT is the reason Danny is a Walker Seat dealer too!!!<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Ray Walker on 11 February 2004 at 04:09 AM.]</p></FONT>
Stephen Gambrell

Post by Stephen Gambrell »

We may need a bigger building! This is shaping up to be the BEST Saluda show I've been to. Folks, in addition to Mssrs. Walker and Fabian, and all the players on the show, PLEASE take a few seconds to thank Buddy Walker and Charles Reece for the hard work they put in on these things. They do 4 a year, and the hits just keep on a'comin'! And remember, too, that proceeds go to the Shriners hospital.
BTW, if Buddy will let me, I will have a booth there as well. I'll be selling what few clothes, shoes, etc., my wife let me keep. Gotta keep the power turned on Image
Ray Walker

Post by Ray Walker »

That's Right Stephen...This is not only a great Steel Guitar event but a great cause as well. Buddy and Charlie work their tails off to make these events happen and they always manage to put on a great show. And if you look a little behind the scenes you will notice all the ladies who are in the trenches as well. I think I am safe to say that without those gals it just wouldn't happen. Thanks to all of you..

Ray Walker
John Floyd

Post by John Floyd »

And remember what the Saluda Shows help Support.

No worthier Cause than helping Children.

Buddy and Charles have put on over 70 shows now, more than anyone out there and they have all the knowledge and elements there for a Great show each and every time<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by John Floyd on 14 February 2004 at 04:27 AM.]</p></FONT>
John Floyd

Post by John Floyd »

Ole Ray Walker is going to have plenty of his seats there for you to try out and take home with you, so bring money to this show, you might just need it. Image No waiting for a Walker Seat. Get it at Saluda!

There are some famous rear ends sitting on Walker Seats these days.<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by John Floyd on 15 February 2004 at 04:46 AM.]</p></FONT>
Ray Walker

Post by Ray Walker »

Thanks John...you betcha we'll have some seats there and some really neat looking things. I do want to mention that Buddy and Charles have taken something they both love with regards to music and turned it into something very good for something else they love and that is the Shriners. We all wonder when we give to a cause if the monies really went to where we wanted them to but when it comes to the Shriners...there's never a doubt. Look forward to seeing everyone there for a really great time this weekend.

Ray Walker
Ray Walker

Post by Ray Walker »

up
John Floyd

Post by John Floyd »

Hotel/Motel accomodations Nearby Saluda

Edgefield Inn 803-637-2001
Edefield S.C.

Days Inn 800-325-2525
Newberry , S.C.

Sleep Inn 803-202-0209
Exit 5 I-20 at SR 121

Isabell's Retreat 1-803-275-9345
Johnston, S.C.
Ray Walker

Post by Ray Walker »

We will be staying at the Comfort Inn in Lexington and will be going into Columbia Friday night to see if we can find a good band playing.... Anyone have suggestions???

Ray
John Floyd

Post by John Floyd »

Watch out in Lexington, They have a young overzealous Cop there in a black mustang. Don't get caught speeding. Belive the speed limit signs in that town.<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by John Floyd on 18 February 2004 at 06:28 AM.]</p></FONT>
John Floyd

Post by John Floyd »

bump
Bob Hayes

Post by Bob Hayes »

I can attest to everything that has been said. Each time that I have been to the Saluda Show.Buddy has ofered me a spot to expose my pittifull tallents.My Fine Baby Blue D!@ Carter was ordered by Fabien at one..and I had Tree children thatHAVE Ceryble Palsy recieve treatment at The Shriners Hospital in Greenville SC when they first opened. In fact,,Two of them WERE THE FIRST patients at the New hospital. Today..they are active young adults in the comunitiy and I am the proud Grand father of 2 healthy Granddaughters... Thank you Shrineres and thank you Buddy and Charles..And let me add...My good buddy Ray Walker realy puts a lot of LOVE into each and every seat that he makes. He has two or three or more "Hall of Famers" endorsing The Walker seat! It don't get no better ..unless tere are more
Grouchyvet
Kim Altman

Post by Kim Altman »

Hey Bob!

Are you going to Saluda? I haven't seen you in forever and heard you were a little (okay, a lot) under the weather. I keep up with you through mutual friends. Image I'm going to Saluda for my very first time! I was supposed to leave today, but couldn't get away from work in time. I'm getting up bright and early to feed all the critters and head South! I'm very excited about going. I've heard soooo much about the Saluda shows -- and if you're going to be there . . . it'll be that much better! E-mail me when you get a chance if you're not going to Saluda 'cause I want to catch up and see how you're getting along!

Kimmylou! Image