Very Kool Tele picker , an old friend ,Paul McEwen

Bottleneck slide guitars, B-benders, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Tony Prior

Very Kool Tele picker , an old friend ,Paul McEwen

Post by Tony Prior »

Although I totally forget, I knew Paul McEwen in my former Ct days when we all played the clubs in and around Ct, Paul was a premium player back then and now he has really woke up the fretboard with a very unique clean style, not a dedicated Chicken Picker, more of a "swinging" bender with excellent use of phrases and open strings . Not predictable by any stretch of the imagination. I now hate my Telecaster :(

enjoy

t

http://www.myspace.com/paulmcewen
Last edited by Tony Prior on 26 Mar 2009 12:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tony Prior

double stike

Post by Tony Prior »

sorry
Jerry Hayes

Post by Jerry Hayes »

Hey Tony, thanks for posting that. I'd never heard Paul play before and I'm totally impressed, he's one helluva guitarist. I had him install one of his benders on my Les Paul Jr. last year and it's one very well made and thought out B-bender. Mine stays in tune and is a perfect match for the P-90 pickup in the "junior".........JH in Va.
Don't matter who's in Austin (or anywhere else) Ralph Mooney is still the king!!!
Tony Prior

Post by Tony Prior »

For sure Jerry, Paul is a pretty amazing character, he and I have been sharing a few stories from years back over on the TDPRI forum. He was always ahead of the curve. Always a great player.

And yes of course, what am I sleeping ? I should have mentioned that Paul designed and builds the McEwen B- Bender system.

http://www.cheapdomains495.com/band/BBender.htm

t
John Denisevich

Post by John Denisevich »

I've known Paul for about 25 years. I'd just gotten a B-bender installed and saw his band one night - he was the first player I'd ever seen in Ct. with a bender. I have one of his Pullstring benders myself. Check out his posts on TDPRI about his Tele 12-string conversion.