Northwest Georgia Steel Guitar Show

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Jerry Braswell

Post by Jerry Braswell »

John,
You are so right about having good support. These musician around the Atlanta area are some of the best. Having worked the road for so many years and having the opportunity to work with some of the best musicians from all over the country, it teaches you to appreciate the talent of a good musician. Although most of these musicians have never work in the music industry professionally they sure play as though they have. The one thing that impresses me most about these musicians is they will work so very hard for a good cause and never ask how much does it pay. These guys have worked with me in the past to raise money for the Shriners Hospitals for Children and after it was done asked when is the next one. I can't express how greatful I am to all who participates in these efforts. There are 22 Hospitals across our great United States where we treat burned and cripple children. I have had the privilege to visit some of them and you would not believe the work they are doing with these children. Shriners spend over 1.65 million dollars a day taking care of these children with no cost to the parents. It makes no differents of the back ground of the family the Shriners Hospitals will take a child if they can improve the quality of life of that child. After I retired from being a full time musician I got involved with the Shriners for this reason. I don't mind standing out on the street with a bucket in my hand if it will help a child. Our Shrine Temple here in Atlanta for the past six years has given 1 million dollars each year to the Shriners Hospitals. We could not have done that had it not been for the kind of people that will be at the steel guitar show February 8th. I am proud to be a part of this Masonic Fraternity where everyones thought are on how we can take that child and ease it pain. I have said it before and I would like to repeat it again,I thank each and everyone of the musicians who is taking a part in the effort to raise money for the Shriners Hospitals. I don't think you will find a better bunch of musicians. I also thank Randy, Mike, Smiley, Russ,Herby and Rob for going that extra mile to help us with this show. Thanks guys. I look forward to seeing all of you this coming Sunday.

Jerry Braswell
Roger Crawford

Post by Roger Crawford »

It's almost time!
Mike Sweeney

Post by Mike Sweeney »

Just three days away. I better get in here and woodshed!
John Floyd

Post by John Floyd »

Mike

Why Would you want to do that, You only have Herby, Russ, Sasser, Randy Beavers,Smiley Roberts, Tommy Dodd, just to name a few, on that show. Image

Heres a Tip......
Hide Smiley's Talk Box Image
Roger Crawford

Post by Roger Crawford »

I hear Smiley is bringing his twin brother!
Donna Dodd

Post by Donna Dodd »

Sure hope he's not bringing that crazy dog of his! http://steelguitarforum.com/Forum6/HTML/004177.html

Roger Crawford

Post by Roger Crawford »

Oops, I thought that WAS his twin brother! Just kiddin' Smiley. But I really did see Smiley and his twin together in St.Louis this past year. b0b even got a picture of them. He may even play on the show.
John Floyd

Post by John Floyd »

OH NO!!! Image Image Image
<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by John Floyd on 08 February 2004 at 01:53 AM.]</p></FONT>
Joe Casey

Post by Joe Casey »

There is a poster being circulated down here about some "SuperSmiley". Image

------------------

Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Ferguson »

Here's the "Super" Bulldog.
And she is always smiling.

By the way, her name is TAZ.

Bill
John Floyd

Post by John Floyd »

I have been instructed by Smiley Roberts To post the following message:

From Hereafter I shall be referred to as

SUPERSMILEY

and I have directed John Floyd to post the Following message:

SUPERSMILEY TO HEADLINE BIG STEEL GUITAR EVENT AT DOUGLASVILLE GEORGIA

/Signed/ SuperSmiley

<I>Well guys I have followed his instructions right to the letter, I don't know what all this means except maybe he expects a big star reception which I am sure you all will give him.
Frankly I think the boy has popped his cork from Computer Withdrawal Syndrome.(CWS)
So maybe you should humor him and treat him like a big star.</I> Image
John
<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by John Floyd on 08 February 2004 at 02:14 AM.]</p></FONT>
John Floyd

Post by John Floyd »

TODAY
Don't Miss The SUPERSMILEY Show<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by John Floyd on 08 February 2004 at 02:15 AM.]</p></FONT>
Joe Casey

Post by Joe Casey »

I know nothing....nothing.
Bob Knight

Post by Bob Knight »

?<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Bob Knight on 09 February 2004 at 12:13 AM.]</p></FONT>
Larry Moore

Post by Larry Moore »

Let me be the first to say "WHAT A GREAT SHOW"
Jerry
You have done again for all of those people that did not come to the NGSGS. With all of the Atlanta area players, there were some suprise guest from out of town...Lynn Osley, Billy Roberson, Ronnie Dale, Ben Brodgen.
Thank you for another Great Day of Music
Larry Image
Tony Davis

Post by Tony Davis »

Er......well I dont get it!!!!!!!!!!............I already had this Pick sent from Joe.......but there is Smiley standing in his Blue Suit as usual with his shorts on the outside...looking Soooooo Proud............some other Dude with a
Moustache......or a Hairy Lip just Kinda leaning on him.............and way in the back is some kid just fell over to see if Super Smiles wears the same as a Scotsman under his Cape..........Nope.....Dont get it...............waaaay over my head !!!!!!!!!!
Tony Davis

Post by Tony Davis »

By Thw Way Guys....While were all Taking The Mickey out of Super Smiley......its his Birthday on the 10th....thats why he and I are such good Buddies.....mine on the 10th too!!!!!!!!
Joe Casey

Post by Joe Casey »

Tony,Smiley should arrive today about noon time (Oh Me). I will make sure you buy him a drink for his Birthday. ImageGuess I'll have to have one too. ImageNow he is as old as Meself.

------------------

John Floyd

Post by John Floyd »

Couple of OLD Pharts they are too, Tony

------------------