Northwest Georgia Steel Guitar Show

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Jerry Braswell

Post by Jerry Braswell »

For everyone who needs directions.
Directions if you are coming from north of Atlanta; I-75 south to I-285 west, take I-20 west to the Thornton road exit. Exit at Thornton road and follow Thornton road apporx. 2.5 miles(seven traffic lights). At the seventh light turn left onto Bankhead highway (Hwy 78) and go west approx.4 miles. Greystone power company will be on your right and a Church will be on your left, turn left at the church on Riley road, go 6/10's of a mile. Sweetwater Shrine Club will be on your right. Park your car and come in.

If you are coming from the west of Atlanta, come I-20 East to Fairburn road (hwy 92). Exit and turn left back over I-20 follow Fairburn Road to Bankhead hwy (hwy 78. Make a right and follow Bankhead Hwy until you come to Greystone Power Company. There will be a light there, go through the light and take the next right beside the church. This is riley road, go 6/10th of a mile and Sweetwater Shrine club will be on your right.

Everyone be careful. Hope to see you there.

Jerry Braswell
Don Crawford

Post by Don Crawford »

Bill and Wayne----I'll try and help guide you fellas in to the show. It will be held at the Sweetwater Shrine Club. You will need to take the Thornton Rd exit off I-20. This is the second exit west of Six Flags. Slick would turn right and Bill would turn left. You will then be going north on Thornton Rd. Go approx 3 miles to Hwy 78---this will be Bankhead Hwy. Turn left. Go exactly 4 miles and Beulah Baptist Church will be on your left. (Greystone EMC will be on the right in front of the church and it has a BIG round water tank by it you can see for a couple of miles before you get to it.) Turn to the left beside the church onto Riley Rd. Go exactly 0.6 miles and the Sweetwater Shrine Club is on the right. I'm a member of the Georgia Steel Guitar Assoc. and a Shriner and will be helping Jerry put on the show. If you get lost of have any problems call me on my cell phone (404-798-6974). If you have any questions just e-mail me or give me a call. Looking forward to seeing ALL you guys and gals at the show. Yes, even you Smiley. Image
Bill Cook

Post by Bill Cook »

"SLICK" Weve Found it " Sweet Water Shrine Club. Will try to make it. Bill.
Don Crawford

Post by Don Crawford »

Hummmmmmm----Looks like Jerry and I were trying at the same time to guide you to the show. You have his and my cell phome numbers in case. SEE ALL YA'LL AT THE SHOW!!! Image
Jerry Braswell

Post by Jerry Braswell »

I would like to add another name to the list of steel players, Larry Sasser. It looks like we are going to have one great show. Thanks guys.

Jerry Braswell<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Jerry Braswell on 23 January 2004 at 11:00 AM.]</p></FONT>
Roger Crawford

Post by Roger Crawford »

Holy Mackrel! Herby, Smiley, Mike and now Larry....my, my...what a day.<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Roger Crawford on 23 January 2004 at 07:13 PM.]</p></FONT>
Clyde Bloodworth

Post by Clyde Bloodworth »

Jerry,
The show looks like it will be a winner. I plan to be there and am looking forward to seeing many old friends.
Clyde
Larry Moore

Post by Larry Moore »

Clyde ole pal,
You will not be dissapionted at this one for sure,(you know what I mean)The Staff Band in First Class. Plus a whole bunch of good players all day.
Glad you can make it
See you there
Larry Image Image
Mark van Allen

Post by Mark van Allen »

Okay, we sure have directions now- what time? Looking forward to it!

------------------
Stop by the Steel Store at: www.markvanallen.com
Rob Parker

Post by Rob Parker »

Jerry,
I'm trying to get some projects worked out, and if I can,I will be at your show also. Looking forward to to seeing all you pickers...

RP...'come on in'...
Mike Sweeney

Post by Mike Sweeney »

Rob,

I hope you can make it. We'll do one or two together.

Mike
Jerry Braswell

Post by Jerry Braswell »

Mark,
Being that we have gotten the response that we have, I would like to start about 10:00 AM, to get as many player in as we can. I would like to hear all the player that have told me they would be there. We can stay as late as we need to so that all get to play.

Rob,
I hope you do get to come and be a part. We are trying so very hard to make this an annual event and with this kind of support we may be able to.

You guys are great for jumping in on this show. I know you will be blessed for it. Each time I think I have the advertising ready to go out someone else lets me know they are coming. You should see the list. This is great guys, thank you.

Jerry Braswell
Randy Beavers

Post by Randy Beavers »

Jerry, it looks like everyone has cabin fever and needs to get out and stretch their fingers. I'm planning on being there.
Bill Cook

Post by Bill Cook »

Jerry, Talked to Don Lynch. He has a gig in Pensacola Fl. the Saturday night of the 7th but, says he wants to come and play a tune or two. I am gonna bring him if thats allright. Thanks Bill.
Jerry Braswell

Post by Jerry Braswell »

Bill we welcome all to attend and will be proud to have Don. Please bring him on.

Randy I think it's great that you are getting to come. I appreciate it more than you could know. I'm sure everyone will enjoy your music, I know I will. Thanks.
Rob Parker

Post by Rob Parker »

Mike,
Always look forward to working with you, and these other great artists...Sure do enjoy it..That will give me my " fix" for that week...Thank you...

RP 'come on in'...
Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Ferguson »

Rob, Come on down!
If ya wantta come on Sat., you can stay at our place and go to my Sat. night gig with me.
YeeHaw

Bill
Roger Crawford

Post by Roger Crawford »

Rob..."Girl in the Glass" in C? Let me know how you want it arranged and I'll get a chart made!
Roger
Mike Richardson

Post by Mike Richardson »

It will be so nice to see all the Georgia Steel players and see my buddy Smiley roberts from the NTSGA.I will be there to grin while Ferguson picks....

--------------------------------
D-10 Emmons Lagrande ll
Nashville 1000
Roger Crawford

Post by Roger Crawford »

Mike,
While you're there, stop by the table for the Georgia Steel Guitar Association. We're just getting under way and would love to have you join. It looks like it's going to be a great day for steel players in our neck of the woods!
Roger Crawford
Vice President
Georgia Steel Guitar Association

Larry Moore

Post by Larry Moore »

Jerry
Have you got a list of all the players coming to The Feb. 8th show?
I lost a count....
This is gonna be the best one yet.
See ya
Larry Image
Mike Sweeney

Post by Mike Sweeney »

Here's another bump on me. See you on the 8th.
Jerry Braswell

Post by Jerry Braswell »

Larry,
Here is a list of some of the steel player who have told me they are going to be there for our listening pleasure. Herby Wallace, Smiley Roberts, Randy Beavers, Mike Sweeney, Larry Sasser, Dante Harmon, Bob Farlow, Bill Ferguson, Charlie Vaughn, Larry Moore, Bill Cunningham, Roger Crawford, Tommy Dodd, Tim Hamilton and Bill Nicholson. I think there are some more but I don't have my list in front of me at this time. I know it's going to be one great show. If I left anybody out I didn't mean to. With this line up we should raise some serious money for the Shriners Hospitals For Children. I'll see you guys February 8th. Thanks Mike for the Bump, I owe you one.

Jerry Braswell
slick

Post by slick »

Bumpidy Bump
Jerry Braswell

Post by Jerry Braswell »

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for the help you have given in getting us well on our way to having our first Northwest Georgia Steel Guitar Show. I appreciate all the help and guidance I have been given. It is not easy tring to put one of these shows together. Thankfully I have had some good players leading and teaching me all that I needed to do. A great deal of thanks goes to Bill Ferguson, Tommy Dodd, Herby Wallace and Buddy Walker. I have gotten some good ideas and support from a lot of the player who will be a big part of this show. Without the hard work from these guys it would have been impossible to put this show on. I am looking forward to hearing some player I have not heard in a long time. I also thank the newly formed Georgia Steel Guitar Association for their help and support. Don't forget the steel guitar show in Saluda February 22nd. I hope to see you all there. I'll see you all in 10 day, February 8th, at the Sweetwater Shrine Club. Take care and stay safe.

Your Musician Friend
Jerry Braswell