THANK YOU ALL,For Coming To The SWSGA 1st Show

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Fred Justice

THANK YOU ALL,For Coming To The SWSGA 1st Show

Post by Fred Justice »

Im lost for words to express our gratitude and thanks to everyone that attended our 1st annual show.
You know,a lot of detail was used in planing
this show,but it is YOU that came to it that made it a success.Thank you all who had kind words of praise for our efforts.
Im fixin to thank a lot of people here,so if you want to go get a coke and come back,its ok.
Thanks to all the steel players that came to
play,some came a long way to help pull this off.
Thank you to our wonderful back up band,Roy Rosetta,Paul Polish,Ben Brogdon and Leon Chambers, you guys are beyound great!!!
Thanks to our stage crew,especially
Joe Naylor,John Hanusch and Carrol Garvin,
and anyone else that helped.
A special Thank You to Wayne Paden and the rest of the sound crew,Great job guys!!!
Thanks to Milano Music who provided our sound system,Thanks Don Pogrant!!!
Thanks to all the vendors that came and we hope you had great success.
Thanks to Gloria Brown,King Burns,and Arlene
Seydel for your help at the door.
Thank You to the wives,especially Peggy Porter and Brenda Justice for thier endless
long hours with out a break at the registration desk.We could not have done this with out you girls.
Thanks to all our new members and renewed
memberships while attending the show
For those of you that have not renewed yet,
please do so by Jan. 24th.
Plans are already on the way for next years
show and coming events
On behalf of all of us at SWSGA,Thank You for coming,what a blast!!!! GOD BLESS.
---------------------------------------------
Fred Justice,
SWSGA
P.S. Stay tuned to our web site for photos
and other information about the show.
visit us at www.swsteelguitar.com <FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Fred Justice on 18 January 2004 at 08:03 PM.]</p></FONT>
Curt Shoemaker

Post by Curt Shoemaker »

FRED, Congratulations on a very SUCCESSFUL Show!!!! Thanks to you and everyone involved.Thank you Steel Guitar Fans! without you none of this would be possible.Can't wait until next year. Best wishes, Curt Shoemaker
Fred Justice

Post by Fred Justice »

Hey Curt,
Fine players and good people like yourself
is what made it a success,and a lot of fun
too.See you shortly in Dallas my friend!!!
Fred Justice,
SWSGA
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

I'd like to thank Fred, Troy, Billy and all the other fine folks who put together a truly amazing show this past weekend, for inviting me to be a part of this first annual event. It was an honor and a privilege, and a heckuvalotta fun. Most organizations would try to "build up gradually" to the level that this show achieved, but these guys just went for the whole thing, brought in the top players on both steel and for the house band, packed the room and did an incredible job. I'm sure this will become a hugely popular annual event and I'm proud to have been a part of the first one.
Jimbeaux
p.s. Did I mention the weather? Well it sure beat the 7 below windchill I left behind in Philly!
Fred Justice

Post by Fred Justice »

Hey Jimbeaux,
were so glad you came,i dont know who came the longest distance,you or Jerry Fessenden
but we thank you both and all off you that traveled many miles,Thanks for making it great.See you in Big D.
Fred Justice,
SWSGA
Roger Edgington

Post by Roger Edgington »

Fred,

Thanks so much for all the hard work. It was a great show and everything went really well.

Thanks to you Troy and Billy for all of your hospitality.

Billy did great with the MC work.

Hope to be there next year.

See you in Dallas.
ps. We got home at midnight last night. We drovr straight through. 15 1/2 Hours.
Fred Justice

Post by Fred Justice »

Hi Roger,
Glad you made it home in one piece,hope your back is better.
I sure enjoyed our little jam the day before the show
and your set on the show was great.
Thank you and Judy for coming and we'll see
you in Dallas buddy !!!
P.S. I almost forgot,i loved your new song
Roger but im going to talk to Judy about
finding you a part time job,you got way too much spare time on your hands buddy.
Fred Justice,
SWSGA<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Fred Justice on 19 January 2004 at 11:56 AM.]</p></FONT>
Jerry Lee Newberry

Post by Jerry Lee Newberry »

Fred, This is to thank you for inviting Jerry and Austin to your show. They both had a great time. We just got home about 2pm today. Thanks to Roy, Leon, Paul and the Bass Player ( sorry I forgot his name ) for their great playing all weekend. When we heard we were going to Az. for the show I knew we would be ok when we heard that Paul and Roy would be in the band. All of the band did a great job. Thanks again. The Newberry's and Austin Stewart
Al Vescovo

Post by Al Vescovo »

I just want to say thanks to everyone connected to the "SWSGA" "First Annual Steel Guitar Show". It was a great show with a great aduience and many, many standing ovations. I'm sure the show is going to get bigger but it can't get much better. My wife Norma Jean and I had a wonderful time listening to great steel guitar playing, making many new friends and seeing many old friends. I hadn't seen Bud Issacs since he and I worked together quite a few years ago and that was a real treat.
I sure hope to be back next year and we are really looking forward to it. Thanks again for such a great event. Al
Paul Polish

Post by Paul Polish »

WOW!!WOW!!WOW!! What a show...
Fred,Billy,Troy, Wayne and all of the crew and all of the great players and wives,relatives, sons and daughters and of course all the folks that paid the admissions to see the show, THANK YOU for allowing me to be a small part of this fantastic show. Dee and I had one heckofagood time.
You folks definitely know how to make folks feel right at home and put on a great show. And it was only your FIRST one. Man, can't wait to see and or be a small part of the next 5 or 10 shows, or more if God willing. I am truly humbled to be a small part of the Steel Guitar FAMILY. And I feel we just added several new members to our family, thanks to the MESA SHOW.
OH Yeah, the stage WAS LEVEL.hehehe!

OOPS!! Almost forgot, I wish to say a special thank you to the guys that were so efficient at moving the players equipment around. The band barely had time to get a drink of water or tend to other necessary things between players. That is a good thing. This allows more playing time for the players.And really keeps the show moving and on time.
Y'all done reeaaaaal gooood.
Love Paul and Dee
PS. Made it home safe and sound. And so did Leon. Just called him to make sure.

See ya in Dallas...
Fred Justice

Post by Fred Justice »

Jerry & Austin,
Everyone is still talking about Austin and
his playing. We are so glad you brought your
show to Arizona and look forward to having you back next year.Many thanks from all of us
at SWSGA.
Al Vescovo,
I was glad to finaly meet you after all we talked on the phone.Myself and everyone else
sure injoyed your set,hope you can make it again next year.Thanks again.
Fred Justice,
SWSGA
Fred Justice

Post by Fred Justice »

Hey Paul,
Glad you and Dee made it home ok. We sure
injoyed you coming to play drums on the show for us.Hope you two had a nice stay here with
us and yes buddy you can count on next year
so mark it down in your little book.
How is Leon's hand doing? hope he's ok,that
boy dont let somthing like pain stop him from having a good time,you tell him we all
love him and we'll see ya all in Dallas !!!
Fred Justice,
SWSGA
Doug Childress

Post by Doug Childress »

Fred,

Thanks to you and all the guys for putting on a great show. We came all the way from Texas with our friends from Iowa. The hospitality and weather were outstanding and the players were unbelievable. I think this show has so much potential. Glad to hear that you plan another show next year. IF YOU BUILD IT THEY WILL COME!!!!

Best Wishes

Doug Childress
2440 FM 3247
Orange, Texas 77632

Put me on your mailing list.
Randy Beavers

Post by Randy Beavers »

Fred, a big thank you to you, Troy, and Billy, and let's not forget your wives. This was one of the best weekends I've ever had. You put together a first class show, and I'm proud to have been a part of it.
<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Randy Beavers on 20 January 2004 at 04:39 AM.]</p></FONT>
Joe Naylor

Post by Joe Naylor »

Fred, you pioneers all diserve all the credit. I was glad to be able to help and what better way to get to know all the players than to help move equipment. I enjoyed it a great deal. I cannot wait till next year.

I feel I met some new long lasting friends.

Thanks for all your work.

Joe Naylor

------------------
Jack Francis

Post by Jack Francis »

As I've already said....Great show!

Can't wait til next year....Had a few friends miss the show because of the NAMM show...Maybe next year they can go to both.

This is quite a group of folks that has come together,,,lotsa good friends.

I hope that someday Bobby Lee and his bride can get to this show....The Forum is a big reason that all of this is coming together, b0b we all thank you for the help you are to the steel "FAMILY" Luv Ya, Man!!

Fred Justice

Post by Fred Justice »

Doug,
That has been our cry all along,BUILD IT AND
THEY WILL COME,For many years they were no
steel guitar show or good fellowship from
Texas on west.the southwest has been starving for this for a long time.This kinda
makes me feel like with the forming of the
Southwestern Steel Guitar Association,
WE HAVE ARRIVED!!! The word is out now and
it can only grow and get better each year.
Glad you injoyed the show Doug,thanks for coming.
Fred Justice,
SWSGA
Fred Justice

Post by Fred Justice »

Hey Randy,
You already know what a hero you are to me.
After bringing your show to the SWSGA i could'nt even think of having or going to another steel show with out you on the player list.You sure picked up hundreds of new fans here my friend.Say hi to Judy for us
and we love ya all,see you soon in Dallas.
Fred Justice
SWSGA
Jerry Brightman

Post by Jerry Brightman »

Fred,

Just a big thanks for the having me at the show...I know so many people behind the scenes, including Brenda, that worked so hard before, during, and after the show...

If it could have been any better, I don't know how...I'll not meantion any names because the list would fill up the Forum web server, but thanks to you all for a great weekend...

Best regards,

Jerry

http://www.slidestation.com

Fred Justice

Post by Fred Justice »

Joe,
You was such a big help all week end and we all are so happy you joined our association.
If it friends your looking for you found them here buddy,glad you had a good time,
be talkin to ya soon and thanks again for
all your help.
Jack,
I was kinda lookin for b0b to show up at the show but i know he is a busy man,maybe he can make it next year and YES,i would like to thank b0b for this wonderful forum.
This show would have been next to imposable
without it.If you see this,THANK YOU b0b.
Fred Justice,
SWSGA
Fred Justice

Post by Fred Justice »

Hi Jerry,
This is Brenda,Fred's wife.
Thank you for coming,and thanks for your
kind words.We girls goter done and put the boys to bed so we can rest now.
It was such a wonderful show and everyone
had such a great time.We hope you can come back next year Jerry.Thank You.
Brenda Justice,
SWSGA
Tommy Dodd

Post by Tommy Dodd »

Well I can't say much more than what has been said above here about this fantastic show. I had a great time meeting new friends and visiting with old ones while listening to some great steel playing. And the hospitality of the folks at SWSGA was unbelievable. Troy, Billy, & Fred (and their respective wives) really did an exceptional job of making everyone feel welcome. I thank you all so much for making my short visit so pleasant and hope I will be included in the show next year for I know it must continue after the huge success this show has had.

For those of you that missed it, here is the grand finale where the founders of the show introduced the Super Jam players:

And here's a few more pictures of some of my favorite players at this show:
(just click on their name}
Albert Talley
Mike Smith
Doug Jernigan
JayDee Manness

And of course, one of our hosts playing a brand new Zum Troy Porter

If you missed this show you missed a great one!! And I bet next year they'll do it again.

My sincere thanks,

TommyD.....<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Tommy Dodd on 19 January 2004 at 07:52 PM.]</p></FONT>
Herb Steiner

Post by Herb Steiner »

Wow, I missed a good one this time.

Guys, I am so very happy and pleased that your first show was a big success. I really do wish I could have been there, but with several sad and unplanned trips to Missouri (when my father-in-law passed on) and my trip to Sacramento in October, my travel budget was shot and I had to take some good-bucks gigs this weekend to catch up with some expenses.

If I'm still in the Cool Kids Club and am invited next year, it will be only Hell or High Water stopping me from attending.

Again, congratulations and I hope I'll see most of y'all in Dallas in about 7 weeks.

------------------
Herb's Steel Guitar Pages
Texas Steel Guitar Association

Fred Justice

Post by Fred Justice »

Hi Herb,
Man your right on the money,as you can see
from Tommy photo above,anyone that missed
this show lost the chance for some good memories.But dont feel bad,we understand your reason and wish you could have been with us Herb.Besides,someone had to stay home and take care of Texas,as most of the Texas boys were out here.Great show and lots of fun.See you in Dallas Herb.
Fred Justice,
SWSGA
Chuck S. Lettes

Post by Chuck S. Lettes »

Hello Fred,
Thank you for inviting me to this year's show. I had a great time. I really appreciated how you and your crew organized the whole weekend. The lodgings were fine, the backup band was marvelous, and I enjoyed having time to talk with all of my steel guitar friends. Little Ricky and I had a wonderful weekend, and I look forward to seeing you in Dallas.
Chuck