MASGA Jam SCHEDULED Jan 31, 2004

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Ken Latchum

MASGA Jam SCHEDULED Jan 31, 2004

Post by Ken Latchum »

Hello Members and Friends of the MASGA.
I am glad to announce that we have the plans in motion to have a MASGA Jam scheduled (tentatively) on Sat Jan 31 2004 in the Danville Va. area. It is scheduled to be at the Pelham NC. Community Center just outside of Danville Va. We have previously had a Jam in this location before. Jam will start with a 9am registration and activities scheduled to go until approx 10pm Sat night.

I would be interested in getting a response from the folks that would be interested in attending/participating in this 1 day event.

More information will be forthcoming. Make your plans to attend this winter Jam.

Thanks
Ken Latchum
President MASGA<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Ken Latchum on 04 January 2004 at 10:38 AM.]</p></FONT>
Skip Mertz

Post by Skip Mertz »

Thanks for getting this jam together Ken. The last time we had one there it was a good room and easy to find. It looks like the MASGA will be on a roll in 2004 with jams scheduled in Danville area, Wilson, Kannapolis and hopefully back in Fayetteville at the Moose lodge (where it all started folks) This will give us a good spread around the Mid-Atlantic region, so guys , bring your steels out and plan to attend the jams at least in your region
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Great I will be one of the first to arrive as it is only 80 miles from my home.I will be there and I will make the Wilson show. I will be going to the Donaldson steel show the day after tomorrow. It is 5 miles this side of Nashville. I'm going to Bobbe Seymours store first. I know Weldon Myrick, Russ Hicks, and a bunch more are going to be there. Russ Hicks is just plain Awsum his fingers get going so fast you can not see them.BA if you read this thread E-mail me directions from the place we had the other shows.Give me directions to your house and I will stop by to see you as I will take a ride over that way some day next week.
Sam White
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

UP
Jerry Fleming

Post by Jerry Fleming »

Count me in! The last Jam was great! Let me know what we can do to help Image I may even change strings for 2004 LOL

Jerry
Kenny Dail

Post by Kenny Dail »

Me too...

------------------
kd...and the beat goes on...

Jeb Baldwin

Post by Jeb Baldwin »

Ken,
I will be there if work allows. I got a left handed D10 last week and I would likr to play it there. I have a friend in Liberty N.C. that would like to come also. I will see you there hopefully.
Jeb Baldwin

------------------
Chuck Campbell

Post by Chuck Campbell »

Ken,
I'll be there along with a good supply of Peterson VS-11 Tuners and Sound Enhancers at special show prices. I'll even play a little bass if you need me. But you have to let me play a some steel in return. <FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Chuck Campbell on 07 January 2004 at 07:20 AM.]</p></FONT>
Ken Latchum

Post by Ken Latchum »

Hey Folks: Glad to see everyone making their plans to have a good time.

Here is some additional information for the Jam.

1. We have a great group of Musicians already committed, giving us a great back-up band.

2. Location of Jam -
Pelham NC. Community Center
2 miles south of Danville Va.

3. Driving Directions:
(1) For folks Headed South From Danville on Rt. 29. Take the 1st exit ramp to the right after leaving the Va State Border (approx 1-mile), go to the stop sign and take left. Go approx 1/2 mile and turn right at intersection. Go approx 1000 ft to top of hill and turn right to Pelham Community Center. Signs at top of hill showing Community Center to the right.

(2) Driving Directions for Folks headed North on Rt 29 from Greensboro/Reidsville NC. When approx 2 miles from Danville Va. look for signs on Right side of Rd (1) Pelham (2) Eden Exit Rt 700 (3) Rest stop, turn or bear right on this exit ramp. Go to the stop sign. Turn right and go approx 1/4 mile to intersection and turn right. Go approx 1000 ft to top of hill. Turn right to go to the Pelham Community Center. Sign showing Community.

Anyone having problems can call me
434-251-1207 and we will help you!!

Anyone having questions prior to the event can contact me at 434-792-2287 or E-Mail me at klatchum@adelphia.net

Looking to see a great turn-out for the Jam.

4. Light (fast) food and Drinks will be available on Premises most of the Day.

5. Anyone needing acommodations can contact me by phone and e-mail me at #s listed above.

Tentative schedule will be posted soon.

Regards
Ken Latchum
President MASGA
Ken Latchum

Post by Ken Latchum »

bump up please: please respond to this post if you are planning to attend.

Ken
Steve Cochran

Post by Steve Cochran »

Ken, I'll certainly be there. Thanks for having one close.
Glen E. Lanning

Post by Glen E. Lanning »

I plan on attending. Looking forward to another good JAM!!! Image

------------------
Brand New Mullen U12 (2003)
Dekley 8/4 (1984)
ShoBud Professional (1969?)D10 8/4

Ken Latchum

Post by Ken Latchum »

JAM SCHEDULE: Image

JAM DATE SAT JAN 31ST 2004

9AM - 10AM ---REGISTRATION

10AM - 12PM ---JAM TO TRACKS

12PM - 12:30 --LUNCH

12:30 - 3PM-- INDIVIDUAL PERFORMANCES TO BACKUP TRACKS. 3-5 SONGS EACH DEPENDING ON THE NUMBER OF PERFORMERS (INTERMEDIATE AND ADVANCED PERFORMERS ONLY.

3PM - 4PM INDIVIDUAL PERFORMANCES (TO TRACKS)(BEGINNERS AND UP TO 5 YRS EXPERIENCE) Image

4PM - 5PM (ALL JAM WITH BAND) EVERYONE GETS AN OPPORTUNITY TO TAKE A BREAK WITH THE BAND. Image

5PM - 6PM (SUPPER BREAK)

6PM - 10PM (SHOWTIME) STEELGUITARS IN CONCERT: PLAYERS SIGN UP TO PLAY WITH BAND. 3 PERFORMERS AT A TIME PLAY WITH BAND FOR APPROX A 45 MIN SET.

10 PM SHUTDOWN: Image

SCHEDULE SUBJECT TO CHANGE IF FOUND NECESSARY TO DO SO.

WE HAVE A 1ST QUALITY BACK UP BAND THAT IS 2ND TO NONE. (GUITAR) Charles Adkins & Larry Haddock, (Bass) Paul Ratliff, Chuck Campbell,& Allen Howington (Drums) Carrol Elliott & Ralph Kennon, (Keyboards) William Adkins & William Hayes. Singers also Chuck Campbell plus others.

WE ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO BRING A RECORDER TO RECORD SOME OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL MUSIC YOU WILL EVER HEAR. WE ALSO ALLOW VIDEO RECORDING AT ALL MASGA EVENTS.

THE MASGA WAS FORMED TO HELP THE VERY BEGINNER LEARN AND GIVE THE ADVANCED PLAYER A PLACE THAT THEY CAN PERFORM. Image

MAKE YOUR PLANS NOW TO ATTEND THIS FANTASTIC JAM BEING MADE AVAILABLE JUST FOR YOU!!!!! Image

REGARDS
KEN LATCHUM
PRESIDENT MASGA

FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL 434-792-2287
<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Ken Latchum on 12 January 2004 at 08:42 AM.]</p></FONT><FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Ken Latchum on 12 January 2004 at 08:45 AM.]</p></FONT>
Skip Mertz

Post by Skip Mertz »

Well thought out schedule Ken!
Skip Mertz

Post by Skip Mertz »

Hope to see some new faces, so bring a friend whos been playin' in the bedroom all these yrs (steel I mean!)
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

aaaahu these guys are heavy
Ken Latchum

Post by Ken Latchum »

up please
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Ken can you give us some information on motels and the prices.Anna and I will be comming Friday and staying over night Friday and Satuaday nights.
Sam White
IF IT SOUNDS GOOD PLAY IT PRETTY<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Samuel E. White on 17 January 2004 at 08:34 AM.]</p></FONT>
Ken Latchum

Post by Ken Latchum »

Hi Sam:
I will be making a post soon on Motel availability and prices this weekend.

Thanks
Ken
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

UP again
Ken Latchum

Post by Ken Latchum »

Hello to all Steelguitar players, and lovers of the Steelguitar

Below is a the special Motel rates offered to the MASGA for the Jam on Jan 31st.

When calling in to make reservation tell the receptionist that you are with the MASGA or in town (Danville Va.) for the steelguitar Jam in (Pelham NC) and you would like the special rates offered to the MASGA

1. Holiday Inn Express (Danville)$59 + tax (2 double beds) Call 434-793-4000

2. (A) InnKeeper West (Danville) $49.99 + tax (2 double beds)
(B) InnKeeper West (Danville)$55.00 + tax (1 King size bed) Call 434-799-1202

Both these motels are very nice and both have continental Breakfast

Make your plans now to join in on the fun on Sat Jan 31st at the Pelham Community Center for a Super Jam and a Lots of Fun.

Brush the dust off that Steelguitar you have packed away or sitting in your bedroom. Bring it to the Jam for some real fun. Bring your video and tape recorder as you will be hearing some of the most beautiful music on earth at this Jam. You won't want to miss out on this event.

Thanks
Ken Latchum
President MASGA
<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Ken Latchum on 21 January 2004 at 10:08 AM.]</p></FONT><FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Ken Latchum on 21 January 2004 at 01:27 PM.]</p></FONT><FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Ken Latchum on 21 January 2004 at 01:29 PM.]</p></FONT><FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Ken Latchum on 21 January 2004 at 02:27 PM.]</p></FONT>
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

IF IT SOUNDS GOOD PLAY IT PRETTY
Ken Latchum

Post by Ken Latchum »

Join us for a great Jam, great music, and great fellowship.

only 8 more days before Jam on Jan 31st

Ken
Jerry Hayes

Post by Jerry Hayes »

I can't make this one but I'm planning on being at the jam in Wilson, NC on March 13 and 14.....Have a good 'un..JH

------------------
Livin' in the Past and the Future with a 12 string Mooney Universal tuning.

Jeb Baldwin

Post by Jeb Baldwin »

I will not be able to make it. Got a job on the road with the band'' Lonesome Road''. Wish I could make it and learn some new licks. Have fun guys.

Jeb Baldwin