Alabama Steel Guitar Association Annual Show April 18, 2009

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Bill Cook

Alabama Steel Guitar Association Annual Show April 18, 2009

Post by Bill Cook »

The ASGA (The Alabama Gang) will hold its 4th annual Steel Guitar Show on April 18th, 2009 in Montgomery, Alabama. Show will be held in the BestWestern/Madison Hotel Downtown Montgomery. Special Guests will be Mike Johnson, Herby Wallace, Carco Clave, Jeremy Drawbauh, and Tyler "THE KID" Hall. Local players to include Bill Simmons, Don Lynch, Pee Wee Dutton, just to name a few. More information to be provided later.
Tommy Young

Post by Tommy Young »

Hello BILL sounds like a great show you got lined up there down there,,, thinking bout trying to slip a few of these MAX-TONED MODDED guitars down there and see if i can listen to some great picker's you got lined up sure is a fine mess of them super pickers and just think you got the cream of the crop with MR>HERBY WALLACE to head them up yee,,,haaa
TOMMY YOUNG
MAX-TONE MODIFICATIONS
BMI dealer,Classic VIBE 100 amp... SIT strings..
Tommy Young

Post by Tommy Young »

double post
TOMMY YOUNG
MAX-TONE MODIFICATIONS
Jeremy Drawbaugh

Post by Jeremy Drawbaugh »

Im lookin forward to the show this year. Glad to see Mike and herby are coming back. also glad to see that Tyler will be there this year.
JDAWG
MULLEN G2 D-10 8X7
QUILTER 202 combo TT12
BOSS DD-3 BOSS CHORUS EFFECT
NEUBAR REVERB
NASHVILLE 112/400
TELONICS VOLUME PEDAL
STEELER'S CHOICE PAK-A-SEAT
Shorty Smith

Post by Shorty Smith »

Bill, looks like you are gearing up for a real great show. I'm working that night but will try to come. If I do, I will have to leave early to get back to Columbus for my gig. I see you got some great pickers already, Shorty
Jim Hartley

Post by Jim Hartley »

Hey friends,

You really don't want to miss this rare opportunity to see and hear one of the very best and most sought after players in music today. Mike Johnson does very few of these shows. I know he loves doing the shows, it's just hard for him to break away from his extremely busy session schedule. He's on so many of the hit records we hear on the radio, you'd be amazed to know how many times you've heard him and didn't know it. By the way, Mike is once again nominated for the ACM "steel guitar player of the year", an award he won in "07.

AND THEN, add legendary HALL OF FAMER, Herby Wallace, Carco Claves and all the others Bill mentioned, we're in for a big time weekend in Alabama.

See ya there,
Jim
Bill Cook

Vendors

Post by Bill Cook »

We have a huge ballroom and invite all vendors to the show. Just let me know if you are coming so I can have a table reserved for you.
Bill
Ernest Cawby

hi

Post by Ernest Cawby »

I talked to Bill simmons today he is on the way to Dallas, I will be playing on the show hee haw again this year, the girls and I will be there with bells on. Bill Carol will be there again, she lives in County Downs, west Atlanta Highway, most likely will work the table again this year, you know all of us are ready if you need us to work.
Will have my new weenick Guitar on show, new tecnoligy to view, sustains for more than a minute and a half I cut it off at that time, still ringing.

ernie nan linda carol
Bill Cook

Show

Post by Bill Cook »

Ernie,
It would not be a Show if you and your Family are not there!!!! I definitely need help from all the Ladies and look so forward to seeing you all. Ernie you do more for our beloved instrument than anyone I know. Thank you and your family for all that you do. Bill
Michael Matthews

yes!!!ALABAMA

Post by Michael Matthews »

Allright another show in AL!!! Hey Bill, are you going to post dirictions on here or the web site, I get lost easy...lol hey Tommy you want me to bring mine,it's the best one out of all of'um, right?I think so.. and it's not for sale...Jeremy, hope you get to go, show'um that jernigan tune. see ya there Lord willing

oh,is Mike Johnson in the line up?
Jeremy Drawbaugh

cant sait for the show. i should have my mullen back next week. mike i am on the show and unless doug shows up i plan on doin "THAT JERNIGAN TUNE".

Look forward to seeing everyone again!
JDAWG
MULLEN G2 D-10 8X7
QUILTER 202 combo TT12
NEUBAR REVERB
NASHVILLE 112/400
TELONICS VOLUME PEDAL
Tommy Young

Post by Tommy Young »

MR BILL SAVE ME A TABLE IF ""LORD WILLIN"" I'M GONNA TRY AND MAKE THIS FINE SHOW,, MICHAEL BRING YO BABY WITH YOU SHE'LL BE IN GOOD CO.
TOMMY YOUNG
MAX-TONE MODIFICATIONS
Bill Cook

Alabama Show

Post by Bill Cook »

The 4th annual Alabama Steel Guitar Association Show will be held in The Madison Hotel, 120 Madison Avenue, Montgomery, Al 36104. Contracted rooms are $79.00 plus tax. Ask for Steel Guitar Show Rate. 334-264-2231. The Jackson Guitar Folks will be there with all of their new Guitar Models and Rusty Jackson will be playing a new Jackson in the Show. There are a few more surprises coming. Mark your calenders now and make your plans to see a great Steel Guitar Show.
Kenny Brown

Post by Kenny Brown »

wish I could be there, I have a gig I hafta travel to that day. :(
Mullen RP SD-10, Hilton volume pedal, Peavey Nashville 112, George L's.
Roger Crawford

Post by Roger Crawford »

Very few things could keep me away from this, as the Alabama Gang has a special place in my heart, but my good buddy Larry Moore is getting married that day. Larry has a special place in my heart, too, and I'll be there for him on his special day. Bill, hold me a place for the next one!
Bryan Knox

Post by Bryan Knox »

I just realized I've got to perform a wedding on that day!

Man I hate to miss this again. For some reason, I ALWAYS have some kind of event on this weekend in April. :cry:
Prevent Juvenile delinquecy...teach children to STEEL

1976 MSA D-10 8+4, Mullen D10 8+4, G&L Skyhawk, Fender '52RI Telecaster, Eastman MD 615 lefty mandolin, Fender DPC750 w/Tubefex, Custom Twin Tweed Cabs w/ Peavey 1504's, 70's Fender Super Reverb, Martin D28-L.
Jim Hartley

Post by Jim Hartley »

OK guys,

That's two weddings gettin' in the way of a good time. Need to tell these folks to get married some other weekend. Roger, you want me to call Larry?
Roger Crawford

Post by Roger Crawford »

Would you?
Max Williamson

Steel Guitar Jam

Post by Max Williamson »

Bill,I hope I can make this one this year if every thing as goes as planned.Looking forward to seeing some of my friends.Max
Bruce Etter

Post by Bruce Etter »

We have our room reserved and are looking forward to the show! This will be the first Alabama show that we have ever attended since moving to Columbus,Ga. We always attended the Saluda, SC shows when we lived in South Carolina. Looking forward to meeting steel players from this area.

Glad to see your planning on being there Shorty!
Jeremy Drawbaugh

Got my room reserved for friday night, plan to try to make any jam sessions that might be going on. i have to leave to play saturday night, sure hate to leave but i am having to take several weekends off this year so i will have to play and then run off to georgia.

I bit the bullet and finally got around to lettin tommy young mod my guitar and boy is she sounding good.

see everybody in april.
JDAWG
MULLEN G2 D-10 8X7
QUILTER 202 combo TT12
NEUBAR REVERB
NASHVILLE 112/400
TELONICS VOLUME PEDAL
Bill Cunningham

Post by Bill Cunningham »

So Bill Cook, what time is the show and what is the entire line up?

And did you and Lynch get a ride home form Dallas? Sorry I couldn't pack you in my suitcase. :lol:
Bill Cunningham
Atlanta, GA
Bill Cook

Alabama Show

Post by Bill Cook »

Well, where do I start!! Tommy you will have all the room you need and so will all vendors who attend the show. Roger- I understand!!!! I know that Larry is like a Brother to you. Tell Larry and the new Mrs. I wish them all the Happiness and Health for years to come. Larry has been through so much! Hope he is Happy. Bruce- Looking forward to meeting you! I think you will make many new friends from The Alabama Gang! We welcome you and yours. The confirmed players are Mike Johnson, Herby Wallace, Carco Clave' Rusty Rhodes, Tyler "The Kid" Hall, Jeremy Drawbaugh, Barney Miller, Joe Turner from SC., Bill Simmons, Don Lynch, Gordon Dodson and more. There will be an informal Jam Friday Night the 17th in the Atrium of the Hotel. Show kicks off Saturday morning the 18th at 10.00. It will run until we are through!! We have the Ball Room of the Hotel so we will have twice the room we had last year. Vendors confirmed are Tommy Young, The Jackson Guitar Company, Ken Fox and more. All vendors are welcome. We will also have a Sell/Swap area to sale or trade guitars and equipment. This is shaping up to be another Great Show. Cunningham as usual left me and Don Lynch in Texas again!!!!!!! We just got back!! It's hard to hitch with Don Lynch showing a little leg!! Ya'll Come and bring your friends and neighbors!!
Bill Cook

Alabana Show

Post by Bill Cook »

Just got confirmation that Jack and Martha Goodson will be with us. When Jack is not playing Steel he will be on Fiddle. With Renae Truex' that will give us twin Fiddles for the Show. This is gonna be the best yet!!
Jeremy Drawbaugh

twin fiddles that is too cool. thats a great addition. bill i think the asga show is on its way to becoming as big as the dallas's, st. louis's. good lord willing i plan to make it every year. cant wait for the 17th and 18th.
JDAWG
MULLEN G2 D-10 8X7
QUILTER 202 combo TT12
NEUBAR REVERB
NASHVILLE 112/400
TELONICS VOLUME PEDAL