New England Steel Guitar Assoc.8TH Mini Steel Guitar Jambore

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Sam White

New England Steel Guitar Assoc.8TH Mini Steel Guitar Jambore

Post by Sam White »

We will be having our 8TH Mini Steel Guitar Mini Jamboree comming up on March 22ND and the Band will be Susan Adams and Side Kicks.WE just got over our 7TH Mini Steel Guitar Jamboree and it was a great Succes with 86 people comming to dance and have a great time.WE also made a Big donation to the American Legion Post 15.We also had a Suprise Steel Player who lives North of Boston MA. and in New Hampshire Mr Bill Fall and we thank him for a great time.We also had Ralph Paulin,Vinny Doyle ,Mike Tierney,and Dobro Dan playing and they all did a great job.Hope to see everyone there again Dancing and enjoying them selfves.
NESGA PRES.
Sam White
Sam White

Nesga

Post by Sam White »

Keep an eye on this post.Things will be happening.WE have all our Steel Guitar Mini Jamboree's booked up to January 1,2010 including the bands.WE have some of the best bands in the New England Area.Our last Mini Steel Guitar Jamboree a week ago was great. The Band Love'n Country did a great job and I do have to say Linda Leslie did a great job of working with the Steel Players.We just Hired her band again for the August 16TH Mini Steel Guitar Jamboree.That will be our 11TH Mini Steel Guitar Jamboree since we started this NESGA January 18TH 2008.
Pres.NESGA
Sam White
Sam White

Nesga

Post by Sam White »

I can't beleave it is only a little over two weeks away and we will be having our 8Th Mini Steel Guitar Jamboree.It seems like we just got over having our 7TH.The band is Susan Adams and Side Kicks which is a good band.These bands do a great job of playing with the Steel players.It is up to the steel Player to play the songs he or She wants to play.If they want the band to play what they want is up to the Steel Player it is his choice.It works out great that way and everything goes smooth.
Sam White
Pres.NESGA
Ralph Paulin

Post by Ralph Paulin »

:lol: Sam; I agree , steelers choice , The way to go . I agree on Lovin' country great band to work with. {Ralph}
Sam White

Correct Way

Post by Sam White »

Yes Ralph that is the correct way for a Steel Guitar Association to be run with the band letting the Steel Players choose the songs to play.Some people don't think that way and on a Steel Show if you have out of State Steel Players comming in they play first as they have a long drive back home.It is not about the bands it is about the Steel players.If you let the Bands take over there is no sence in having a Steel Guitar Association.The Mini Jamboree's are about the Steel Players and that is the way it will be run.We are booked all the way to December at Post
15 and I have all the bands booked already.

Susan Adams & Side Kicks - March 22"ND
Manny Massa & Goat Ropers - May 24'TH
Doggie & Cow Pie Poachers - June 28"TH
Linda Leslie Love'N Country - Aug.16TH
Ray Cross & Country Heartbeats -Sept.20"TH STEEL SHOW
Ray Cross & Country Heartbeats - Nov. 15'TH
Manny Massa & Goat Ropers - Dec.27'TH
Sam White
Pres. NESGA
Ralph Paulin

Post by Ralph Paulin »

Hey ; Fellow NESGA Members any input is welcome, I think Sam is doing a great job, good lineup of bands is slated for the year . :whoa: " Ralph "
Sam White

Try and Try Again

Post by Sam White »

Thank You Ralph. I just keep trying and trying to make this Steel Guitar Assocation the best and get the job done and done correctly.WE have all our Bands and the hall all booked for the year and we will have lost of more good Idea's to work with to make this Organization better than the first one I founded and Anna and I ran for 6 Steel shows with no help from anyone.WE did struggle the first two but we managed to get it all together andgot it running. That gave me the experience to be able to know how to run sucessful Steel Guitar Associations and also a Steel Guitar IN that I ran in North East Tennessee.I love doing this and I love the Steel Guitar even thou I'm not a good Steel player.I don't intend to be a great steel player. I just enjoy sitting behind it and doing what I can do with it.My Wife Anna has been a great help to me with this great experience of Founding and running the New England Steel Guitar Association and also when I founded and ran the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association.You have to love the work and the people you work with to have a succesful Steel Guitar Association.If I had to Start all over from the very beginning of both Steel Guitar Clubs I would do it the same way.I know that some people are up set with me but they will get over it as I'm doing what I enjoy and I'm trying to keep the Steel Guitar going.There is no need anyone to be up set with someone that is try to Keep the Steel Guitar going as I try my best Too.
Sam White
Pres.NESGA
Ralph Paulin

Post by Ralph Paulin »

:whoa: Sam I Realize your pc is down hope you get it straightened out before the mini jam . Ha ,I don't know why I wrote this ,you can,t read it anyway . "Ralph"
Jamie Peghiny

Where's it happening?

Post by Jamie Peghiny »

Can somebody please post the hours of this event and also the address? I'd love to attend but you haven't posted the location!
Thanks,
Jamie
Carter U -12, Fender Pro Duo, Martin DC28, Gibson ES175, G&L L-2000 bass, PRS Bass, Fender Vibrolux, Selmer Tenor, Buescher Alto, Conn Alto
Ralph Paulin

Location for Mini Jam NESGA

Post by Ralph Paulin »

Jamie, The adress is: VFW post 15, 1016 main st. East Greenwich R.I.That will be rte. 1.. If you have any problem finding it you can call: Sam White cel. # 401-588-0355 "Ralph"
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Hi Jamei, I just got my Computer back on line that is why I have not answered you. It is the American legion Post 15 in East Greenwich R.I. at 1016 Main St.Phone # is 1-401-884 0000. My Cell # is
1-401-588-0355.Call me and I will help you to find the American Legion Post 15.
Sam White
Pres.NESGA
Jamie Peghiny

See ya tomorrow!

Post by Jamie Peghiny »

Thanks for the address, I'll see y'all then.
Jamie
Carter U -12, Fender Pro Duo, Martin DC28, Gibson ES175, G&L L-2000 bass, PRS Bass, Fender Vibrolux, Selmer Tenor, Buescher Alto, Conn Alto
Sam White

Great Success #8 Mini Steel Jamboree

Post by Sam White »

WE had a great Mini Steel Guitar Jamboree and the Band did a great job of play with the Steel players.WE had Vinny Doyle playing the first set, Ralph Paulin Playing the Second set,Richard Lucke and Dobro Dan playing the Third Set, and yours Truely and Dobro Dan playing his Lap Steelthe third set and Frank Goulard closed out the last set. We had a great time and had two new Steel players come and join in on the fun.I beleave they had a good time and beleave they may be joining us.We have our Quarterly meeting comminig up April 26 and we will be teaching the beginners some things to be practicing and we will teach in the other room when we have our Jamboree's.It was great to have the band and our freind on Bass . She knows who she is and we love her Bass playing.Until next time Keep it Country and Keep Steeling.
Sam White
Pres. NESGA