Bobbe's Newsletter,regarding The Goo.

Musical topics not directly related to steel guitar

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Janice Brooks

Charles Davidson

Bobbe's Newsletter,regarding The Goo.

Post by Charles Davidson »

Just read Mr. Seymores letter about the [NOT SO GRAND OPRY] Maybe moving it to Texas,I LOVE Texas,why dump this Holly Weird fashion show on the GREAT state of Texas ? Why not set up shop in Hollywood WHERE IT BELONGS, The powers to be have been hellbent on destroying this great American institution for several years now,And the firing of Keith Bilbrey [the voice of the opry] How far in the gutter is that ? Wonder how long it will be before Broad way is gone,and Roberts,Tootsies,ET'S,etc,will be either law offices or a parking lot, DYKBC.
Hard headed, opinionated old geezer. BAMA CHARLIE. GOD BLESS AMERICA. ANIMAL RIGHTS ACTIVIST. SUPPORT LIVE MUSIC !
chas smith

Post by chas smith »

Why not set up shop in Hollywood WHERE IT BELONGS,
Whoa, we have standards, out here. Remember that famous quote, "Underneath all that fake tinsel, there is real tinsel..."
Last edited by chas smith on 12 Mar 2009 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sonny Priddy

Opry

Post by Sonny Priddy »

What Is Going To Happen To The Rymon? SONNY.
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

I had heard that rumor about a month ago, that the Texas investor had increased his holdings in Gaylord and that the Opry would move to Texas.

It might as well be gone considering how Gaylord has made a complete mess of everything. Doing away with Opryland park wiped out the biggest tourist draw to Nashville, other than the Opry and it's attendance has declined with the mismanagement of Gaylord Corp. They wanted to change the format of WSM a couple of years ago and do away with the "country music" (and with the releasing of Keith Bilbrey that may be something they are ultimately leaning towards again).

Some of the big name singers no longer record in Nashville and another blow. Alan Jackson in Miami, George Strait in Key West are two that I know of.
Butch Foster

Post by Butch Foster »

Very sad to read of his release. He deserves better than that!
Tony Farr

Keith Bilbrey

Post by Tony Farr »

Yes after more than 3 decades at WSM, Keith has been relieved of his job.
I have personally know Keith for more than 40 years,while he was still a DJ at the Lebanon radio station. I hate to hear that he has been fired, and will no listen to WSM much. You can go to Keith's web site and read more about it and there is a link to voice your oppenions, and email the WSM staff.
Scott Moon

Post by Scott Moon »

I'm not sure we want that nonsense here in Texas either :roll:
Scott
Scott Moon

Post by Scott Moon »

ooops :D