Choo Choo City Reunion Show

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Barry G-MSA

Choo Choo City Reunion Show

Post by Barry G-MSA »

Fourth annual Choo Choo City Steel Guitar Reunion is planned for May 20-22, 2004, featuring outstanding players and Hall of Fame members from across the nation. Chattanooga, TN Choo Choo - Holiday Inn featuring restaurants, indoor & outdoor pools, unique retail shops, rose garden, free downtown shuttle to area attractions. Doug Jernigan will be conducting a seminar for steel players on Friday. Large screen projection lets you see the players' hands live and up close. New addition to show - Thursday night (free admission). For rooms 800- 872-2529 - ask for special rates for "Steel Guitar Reunion" ($69.00 includes free parking and shuttle around 24 acre vacation complex). Reserved seating available until May 10 @ $50 for weekend ticket. General admission at door $50 for weekend ticket or $20 Friday evening, $20 Saturday Day Session, $20 for Saturday evening session. Contact Barry Gilreath for brochure- choochooreunion@aol.com or 706-937-6621. 92 Hidden Hollow Rd, Ringgold, GA 30736
Roger Crawford

Post by Roger Crawford »

Barry,
Thanks for the heads up, I want to go ahead and put this on the calendar. For those of you who haven't been to this show, it is first rate. The TV screen lets you see what the playes are doing just as if you were looking over their shoulder. And the sound provided by Bill Ferguson (an excellent steel player who knows what it needs to sound like!), is superb. Staff musicians...the best. Tell us what's up for Thursday night!
Mike Sweeney

Post by Mike Sweeney »

This is one of my favorite shows to play and I got my invitation to do it again back in the late summer. I'm looking forward to it and hope to see all of you there. Mark your calenders.

Mike Sweeney
Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

Barry, Mike and all, yes, this one is a great one and is as well run as you could ask for. There are several great steel shows now in the country and over seas, been a while since I've seen a bad one but this Chatanooga show is one of the very greatest, thanks to the great effort of Barry himself.
bobbeseymour
Tay Joslin

Post by Tay Joslin »

I am really looking forward to attending the Chattanooga show for the very first time in May! Gonna do what I can to get my cousin, Larry Self, to go with me since he resides in nearby Spring City, Tennessee. I am very new to the steel guitar community, and I've heard great things about this particular show, so I've got to be there! Please post a tentative line-up when you have the time. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

Your truly,
Tay Joslin
Newbern, Tennessee
U.S.A.

Mike Sigler

Post by Mike Sigler »

Barry
Looking very forward to your show this year, Working Holly Dunn last year i could not make the show and i wished i could have been there.
But Im looking forward to seeing you this year!
This is one of my very favorite shows.
Mike
Danny Hullihen

Post by Danny Hullihen »

Barry.

This truly is one of the very best steel guitar shows going, and I'm looking forward to being there again this year!