'' Marine Vinyl Covers ''

Amplifiers, effects, recording equipment, seats, racks, parts, or anything else.
Gary Preston

'' Marine Vinyl Covers ''

Post by Gary Preston »

As most of you know in the past we made ''Custom Made Vinyl Covers '' . We did them with your names and the brand of steel that you play with embroidery . We are back and making them again . Again we offer different colors . But we are ONLY doing ''steel covers and leg bags and back neck pad covers'' now . Yes we can do your names as before . As before these were made from the best ''Marine Vinyl '' that we could buy . They have a soft polyester backing that wont come off in the changer of your steel . This is the only kind of vinyl that we use now . Please e-mail us if interested . Best regards , G.P.
Last edited by Gary Preston on 12 Mar 2009 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gary Preston

Post by Gary Preston »

Thanks Guys for your e-mails . We appreciate it . G.P.
Gary Preston

Post by Gary Preston »

Trying to upload pictures but not lucky tonight .
Darvin Willhoite

Post by Darvin Willhoite »

Here's some pictures of covers Gary made for me. He and Patti do an excellent job.

Darvin Willhoite
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.
Gary Preston

Post by Gary Preston »

Thanks Darvin ,we appreciate it . G.P.
Jimmie Martin

covers

Post by Jimmie Martin »

Gary and his wife do a great job on the covers that they make. I have been to his house and i saw some. For some reason there was one that said SHO-BUD on it. Can't figure. But you can ask Rick Johnson hes not as purty as his avatar shows him to be. Just kiddin Gary. GOD BLESS you and yours. Jimmie :D :roll: :roll:
KENNY KRUPNICK

Post by KENNY KRUPNICK »

Gary, I'd like to have a red cover for my Emmons LeGrandeII D-10 with the white piping. :D
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

Gary
How did you talk Patty into
doing this again? She is
one of the busiest people I know,
let alone having to take care of you ;-)

Rick

www.rickjohnsoncabs.com
Gary Preston

Post by Gary Preston »

:D Easy R.J. Don't forget i have her trained ! I have her just where she wants me ! :P We have lots of good material and she told me to put an ad on the forum for us to do the easy covers . We don't do any amp covers or anything that requires hard pulling on the vinyl . You know she had problems with carpal Tunnel syndrome and the surgery didn't seem to help her much . This is why we stopped making the covers . So now she can only do covers without piping etc . By the way i had a talk with the President of our company today about making ''Pedal Steel Guitars '' . He is going to have the head engineer to talk with me . Who knows we may be in the steel guitar making business . We have all the laser machines and sheet metal etc . We have all the sales people and fabricators to get them done fast and still be custom made . When a company has 1350 employees they can get the job done . He wasn't interested when we talked some time ago but he seems to look at it different now . Talk later . G.P.
Last edited by Gary Preston on 13 Mar 2009 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gary Preston

Post by Gary Preston »

Anyone know these guys ? ;-) Who's the guy on the right end in the blue shirt ? P.S. I couldn't up load any of my cover pictures so i thought i would try and see if my machine is working , i suppose it is . :oops:
Lonnie Wells

Post by Lonnie Wells »

hey Gary,
is that can in front for tips? just kidding. when was that taken?
KENNY KRUPNICK

Post by KENNY KRUPNICK »

We had a great time that day. :D I had a Barnyard Buster from TeeJays before we started that morning. :D :D :D
KENNY KRUPNICK

Post by KENNY KRUPNICK »

From left to right: Gary Preston,Kenny Krupnick,Larry Cole,Gary Steele,and Mr.Rick {Cabinet} Johnson. :D
KENNY KRUPNICK

Post by KENNY KRUPNICK »

:D
Gary Preston

Post by Gary Preston »

Hi Lonnie . This was taken about five years ago i think ! This was my first Gospel Jubilee . G.P.
Dustin Rigsby

Post by Dustin Rigsby »

I remember that show. I got talked into going just to "check it out" by Larry Cole. I still have not forgiven Larry to this day ! I always blame him for getting me started.And then there's Gary Preston,who was my teacher for about a year. He is responsible for the various times that I was coveteous of thy neighbors Sho-Bud ! Anyways, I was seduced by the sound and bought a Carter Starter a month later. I love these guys,all great players in their own right. I am not even worthy to carry their guitar cases,although they have let me a time or two ! :lol:
Gary Preston

Post by Gary Preston »

Bumper please .
Whip Lashaway

Post by Whip Lashaway »

WOW Gary, has it been 5 years ago? I remember doing that show for you. Johnnie and I had a great time. I've been so busy I haven't been able to make it back but I'm going to soon!!! You guys hang in there and keep up the good work. BTY thanks again for the cover for my Seirra. They really are great covers. I did modify mine though. Feel free to use the idea if you want. I put a hole in the end right where my cord plugs into the guitar. Then I made a slit from the hole to the bottom of the cover. Then I attached some velcro to the bottom so I could rehook the slit back together. This allows me to get my rig all setup for a show and put the cover back on and hookup the velcro and my cord is still attached. When it's show time I just pop the velcro and remove the cover. Works great! Hope to see you soon. God Bless, Whip
Whip Lashaway
Sierra E9/B6 12 string
Sierra E9/B6 14 string
Excel S12 8x9 blue
Excel S12 8x9 black
Richard Stanton

Re: Covers and leg bag

Post by Richard Stanton »

Gary

Did you get my recent email regarding an order?

Richard Stanton
KENNY KRUPNICK

Post by KENNY KRUPNICK »

:D
Gary Preston

Post by Gary Preston »

Bump
Derek DiLaura

Vinyl Cover for Lap Steel

Post by Derek DiLaura »

Gary,

Don't mean to be a bother however, I have been trying to get a response from you on a lap steel cover for some time now. This would be for a Fender Deluxe 6 (with legs).

I thought it was all worked out with the exception of a price, is it in the pipeline? I know your probably swamped but would like a confirmation.

Thanks - Derek
Been playing banjo for about 5 years, a newbee at the 6 string lap steel. I'm never going to be as good as I want to be at either, just keep plugging away.
Cass Broadview

Post by Cass Broadview »

Gary makes first class covers. He made this cover for me some time ago. This is on a Peavey Nashville 112. I purchased this amp as a birthday present for forum member George Redmon, and wanted a nice cover for it, so i contacted Gary. Can't go wrong with his covers. Cass

chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

i just received a new blue leg bag from gary and i'm totally satisfied! strong, pretty and well made.
Chuck Huffman
Location: Sonora, California, Now Living in Siloam Springs, Ar. USA

Post by Chuck Huffman »

Hi Gary,
I sent an email about a cover.

Thanks, Chuck
ZumSteel SD-10 5-8, GFI Ultra SD-10 3+4, Goodrich V/P, Boss DD3, FenderFM, Vegas 400. Learning to play for my Savior, Jesus......