Please Close

Amplifiers, effects, recording equipment, seats, racks, parts, or anything else.
Ken Fox

Post by Ken Fox »

We have kits in stock and usually provide same or next day service

Best to send just the chassis, cover the electronics with a piece of cardboard and wrap in 3 layers or more of 1/2 bubble wrap. Send reverb tank and cables and I will service those as well

Average amp weights 23 pounds boxed up. Usually 20-25 range to ship one if you pack it. Lots more if you let a box store do it. Most pack poorly and use peanuts!!! Please avoid packing peanuts. They offer no protection for an amp and just make a big mess. Even UPS policy says they are no good for items of this weight range!
Ken Fox

Post by Ken Fox »

bump
Ken Fox

Post by Ken Fox »

I have 6 kits in stock and ready to install. Now is a good time! Typically same day service and shipping the next business day.
Did two more today for Mickey Adams. Thanks again, Mickey.

We will be out of town for the first week in November. Headed to Wagoner, OK for a Western Swing show and lots of pickin'
Ken Fox

Post by Ken Fox »

bump
Charlie Thompson

Mod

Post by Charlie Thompson »

Hi Ken,
I'm getting a NV 400 today that I intended to ship to you for the mod, assuming you still have the kits. It occurred to me..Is there a way to know if the mod has already been done?
Ken Fox

Post by Ken Fox »

Charlie, take a picture of the inside chassis and send it to me.
We are on North Carolina until next Monday. We have limited internet access. Will be checking email in the evenings.

foxy229@alltel.net
Ricky Chancey

Post by Ricky Chancey »

Ken could you send me the spreadsheet mod, for Nashville 400, Thanks Ricky Chancey.

rickychancey@bellsouth.net
Ken Fox

Post by Ken Fox »

bump
Ken Fox

Post by Ken Fox »

bump
Ken Fox

Post by Ken Fox »

Just 3 more kits left in stock. Lt me know if you have one on the way!
Ken Fox

Post by Ken Fox »

Currently out of kits. Just got more ordered. Some of the caps have gone up 200 percent (Orange Drops) and resistors have gone up 400 percent!

I am holding at the same price, $235.00 installed and return freight at this time. No other repairs are included in that price.

I do not sell kits. Kit info has been updated and will be emailed if requested by email from the Forum.

Please do not send a PM or ask for it here on the forum, I do always check the Forum.

It is a pain to answer via the PM system.

Send an email with your email in the body so I can send the spreadsheet, if you need one.

I cannot send a spreadsheet back through the Forum system, I must have your current email address.

Many times I can't get a message back through the Forum as some of you do not update your email address there!! A must do when you change your email address.
Ken Fox

Post by Ken Fox »

bump.

Will be in Dallas but we are not installing kits or working at the show.

Hope to see you there!
Freddie Wooton

Post by Freddie Wooton »

Ken, I'll be coming down to Florida 'bout the first of June, could I drop off my NV400 and let you do your magic and then pick It up on my way back north? Fred
Ken Fox

Post by Ken Fox »

Yes, be glad to do it while you are on your trip. Email me when you know your schedule and I will be sure to be here that day .
Jimmie Martin

Amp

Post by Jimmie Martin »

i WOULD LIKE THE SPREADSHEET AND ALSO WRITE HOW MUCH IT WOULD COST ME FOR YOU TO DO IT. MY NASHVILLE 400 LOOKS LIKE A BRAND NEW ONE. HOW DO YOU TELL? I WOULD HAVE TO SHIP IT FROM OHIO 43103. THANKS KEN. YOU DID A PRO- FEX FOR ME AND DID A FIRST CLASS JOB. mjimmie56@yahoo.com THATS MY EMAIL ADDRESS. THANKS KEN :D
Ken Fox

Post by Ken Fox »

email sent, Jimmy
Ken Fox

Post by Ken Fox »

The "Intense mod" is $235.00 and return shipping. Payment of the $235.00 is to be made before the map ships back. I will bill for the final freight and that can be sent by check when billed. Add 3 percent if paying by PayPal. My email address is my PayPal account.

The mod is three stage, the reverb mod, the tone mod and filter caps replacement.

The audio coupling caps are replaced with tantalum electrolytic caps. These are a very expensive cap compared to the original electrolytic caps in the original amp. The tantalum caps have a warm tone and less mid range honk. They have a smooth top end tone as well. The tone caps are replaced with Sprague Orange Drop caps. The audio op-amps are replaced with Bur Brown OP2604AP caps.

The reverb mod adds a very definite sparkle. They only exception I have found is with some of the older 3 springs tank that suffered infestation of rotted foam rubber from the piece inside the tank, place above the springs. Often the tanks cannot be cleaned up. Did one yesterday and replace the tank with a new one and it really came to life! I keep the replacement 3 springs tanks on hand at all times.

The main power filters caps (6 total) are all replaced as well and several other filters in other areas of the amp.

All together some 38 parts are replaced. All jacks are checked and cleaned. I also test and clean pots as needed. Reverb harness connections are cleaned and re-tensioned. A special type of anti corrosive is applied to the connections

Finally the amp is reassembled and load tested with a scope and 1000hz tone on a 400 watt load bank. After that it is tested on a shop speaker.
Ken Fox

Post by Ken Fox »

bump
Ken Fox

Post by Ken Fox »

out of kits. Will have 20 more later this week or early next week. Let me know if you have an amp on the way!
Ken Fox

Post by Ken Fox »

Got the parts in for 20 more kits. I only install the kits, no kits sales on this mod.
Tom Palmer

Post by Tom Palmer »

Here is bump for the incredible Ken Fox's Vintage Amp Service. He is the man! I really appreciate his expertise and personal service. - Tom
Ken Fox

Post by Ken Fox »

Bump
Ken Fox

Post by Ken Fox »

We will get all repairs and mods out that are in not later than Monday, July 13.

We will also have two weeks closure around labor day, to be announced later.

Thanks again for all the work from the Steel Guitar Forum. We are proud to be of service!!!

Ken and Ruth Fox
Tommy R. Butler

Post by Tommy R. Butler »

:D
Bob Owens

Session 400 Parts

Post by Bob Owens »

Hi Ken,

You are doing some great work here and a great service to the members.

Would you please send me the parts sheet for the Session 400 ?

Thanks, -Bob KQ2Q