Where is Jerry Merhar?

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Ben Lawson

Where is Jerry Merhar?

Post by Ben Lawson »

What ever happened to Jerry Merhar? We used to see him up here in NJ every once in a while but it's been years. The last time I saw him was in Indy back around '75.
Glenn Boppre

Post by Glenn Boppre »

Hi Ben, Jerry lives within 10 miles of me here in
northern Minn. He has been driving truck hauling produce. Also he likes his John Deere tractors as he
has a small farm where he puts in some crops. He still plays occasionally for small get togethers.
Glenn
Ben Lawson

Post by Ben Lawson »

Thanks Glenn. If you see him tell him Gene Shible and I were wondering where he got to. He used to drive out to NJ on occassion and we would jam at Gene's or in a club in Manville NJ.
Knowing the kind of shape he was in back then he may not remember. He also came in to the Holyoke club in Indy when I was working out there. I think he was with Ernest Tubb that time.
I'm glad to hear that he's alive and well.
John Bechtel

Post by John Bechtel »

Glenn; I remember Jerry very well and also wondered what became of him. I knew him here in Nashville around the time he worked with Hank Snow in the late 60's or early 70's.
And Ben; Please tell Gene Shible I said ‘HI’! I built a Short-Scale Sho-Bud ‘Clone’ for him in 1960, when I still lived in Telford, Pa.!
<marquee> Go~Daddy~Go, (No), Go, It's your Break Time</marquee> L8R, jb
My T-10 Remington Steelmaster
Ben Lawson

Post by Ben Lawson »

Hey Big John, I spoke to Gene yesterday about Jerry. Gene reads the forum regularly so I'm sure he'll see this post. I will send your greetings when I speak to him.