Phoenix Area Steel Players

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Michael T. Hermsmeyer

Phoenix Area Steel Players

Post by Michael T. Hermsmeyer »

Hi everyone, I'm going to be performing in the Phoenix area with the Doug Gabriel Show from Branson, MO.

We will have several dates off and I would like to check out some local players and music while I am there.

I'll be there from about Feb 25 to march 25th with a couple of dates out of the area.

Please let me know whats going on....

Thanks, God Bless...

Michael T.
Currently retired from performing music in Branson, MO
'73 EMMONS D10 FATBACK, '92 EMMONS D10 LASHLEY LEGRANDE, Bray Resonator Guitar,'95 DOBRO F60S, '85 Dobro 60DS, '95 MELOBAR CUSTOM, 1948 National Grand Console D-8, 1951 Supro Clipper S-6. EVANS, FENDER, PEAVEY,
and MESA BOOGIE Amps...

www.onemancountryshow.com

www.facebook.com/utilityman2000
Troy Porter

Post by Troy Porter »

Hi Michael T, Check out Danny Sneed at the Buffalo Chip in Cave Creek. Thats just north of Scottsdale.
Joe Naylor

Post by Joe Naylor »

Also check out Mike Smith

mike&t.com for the schedule

there are several around
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP
Matthew Prouty

Post by Matthew Prouty »

Mike,

Let us know where and when you are playing. I would love to come out and see the show.

m.
Michael T. Hermsmeyer

Thanks Guys,

Most of our shows are at the Arizona Opry in Apache Junction. They are all matinees.

Our schedule is on www.douggabriel.com/ontour

Thanks,
Michael T.
'73 EMMONS D10 FATBACK, '92 EMMONS D10 LASHLEY LEGRANDE, Bray Resonator Guitar,'95 DOBRO F60S, '85 Dobro 60DS, '95 MELOBAR CUSTOM, 1948 National Grand Console D-8, 1951 Supro Clipper S-6. EVANS, FENDER, PEAVEY,
and MESA BOOGIE Amps...

Michael T. Hermsmeyer

OK, we have finally made it to Phoenix.

Our first set of shows here will start tomorrow at the Arizona Opry Theatre in Apache Junction, AZ.

Showtimes will be February 25, 26, and 27th at 1:00 pm. Lunch is available. Please visit www.azopry.com for all the details. There are more shows in the following weeks. Thanks.

I'm still looking for more local Phx area music. I will contact the ones above.

Thanks,
God Bless,
Michael T.
and MESA BOOGIE Amps...

Michael T. Hermsmeyer

Is there a steel guitar shop in the Phoenix area? Does anyone have any pots for a goodrich pedal for sale locally?
Thanks
and MESA BOOGIE Amps...

Matthew Prouty

Post by Matthew Prouty »

Mike,

No steel shops in Phoenix. Closest might be Frenchy in N.M.

I have a Goodrich pedal if you need one.

m.
Michael T. Hermsmeyer

Thanks Matthew. I'm using my Ernie Ball for now. My pot went bad in my Goodrich and I didnt bring any with me. I have two pots at home that I just bought at the Convention, lol.

I did a search, is Fred Justice still in Globe? I'm only about 40 miles from there. But when is the Dallas show??? He might be gone...

I guess I can have one shipped here. Was just hoping to find one close.

Thanks again...
and MESA BOOGIE Amps...

Matthew Prouty

Post by Matthew Prouty »

I think the Dallas show is around the 12th of March. Fred is listed as a player for the Dallas show, but he might be around still. He is a great guy and its a beautiful drive up to Globe if you were to head up there.

Let me know if you want to borrow the pedal. I am off until the end of March so I am not using it.

m.
Fred Justice

Post by Fred Justice »

Hey Matt my bro, how ya doing?

Mike I'd love to have you drive up, I'll be here till March 10th.
Although I don't stock or sell any pots we can still have a good visit and I can show you my new guitar. :D
Who knows, I might even sell you a new Hilton Pedal.
Email: azpedalman@gmail.com
Phone: 480-235-8797
Benson Riffle

Post by Benson Riffle »

Fri & Sat nights at Superstition Skies in Apache Junction & Norton's Corner in Queen Creek
Fred Justice

Post by Fred Justice »

We had a wonderful visit with Mr. Michael Hermsmeyer from Branson Mo. today.
Done some picken, Miss Brenda fixed us a great meal, and done some more picken.
Then Mr. John Widgren from Conneticut stopped by and we all visited and you guessed it, we all picked some more, nice day. :D :D
Email: azpedalman@gmail.com
Phone: 480-235-8797
Dr. Richard Buffington

Phoenix area players

Post by Dr. Richard Buffington »

Hey Mike, I have a new pot I just bought from Bobbe that I haven't installed yet. For my gigs I'm using a Zum pedal right now. Doc
Joe Naylor

Post by Joe Naylor »

I have some stuff and Desert Rose is in Tucson - but Fred Justice can more than likely fix you up.

There is lots more here in the Phoenix than most know about.
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP
Michael T. Hermsmeyer

Hi guys,
Thanks for all the responses...
It stinks that I have two brand new pots sitting at home in Branson, LOL.

I had a wonderful visit with Fred and his wife Brenda at their home and shop. Also got to meet John Widgren, a great steeler who knows his stuff!!! Fred sells the great Hilton pedals so he didnt have any pots...

Dr. Richard, are you located in the Phoenix area, I may take that one off your hands if we can get together... 417-699-1470

Benson, are you playing this Friday and/or Saturday in Apache? If so, what time do you start? I'll have to check my schedule because we just got back in from Utah and we have 3 shows at the Arizona Opry this Wed, Thur and Fri. We head out for two shows in California but Ill have to check when. Would love to hear you play!!

I'll try to call Desert Rose, but I'm sure they are on their way to Dallas... Im a little late checking my own post, LOL...

Thanks again. I could just take the pot out of the Ernie Ball pedal and swap it back when I get home. Maybe I'm just being lazy, haha.
and MESA BOOGIE Amps...

Michael T. Hermsmeyer

Oh Yeah, Matt,
Thanks for the offer, but I can deal with the Ernie Ball rather than borrow something. I just don't want to possibly get in a position that I couldn't get it back to you... Since we are based in this area but still doing out of town gigs, you understand... And I don't want to break it, LOL.
and MESA BOOGIE Amps...

Benson Riffle

Post by Benson Riffle »

Queen Creek. Ocotillo & Ellsworth. 9:00 - 1:00 Friday & Saturday nights