A Local Problem..............

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Ray Montee

A Local Problem..............

Post by Ray Montee »

We're anxiously awaiting our departure time to head to the BIG TEXAS shin-dig, a chance to hear lots of great music and the opportunity to meet a lot of wonderful, musically oriented people.

Our rooms are booked; transportation arranged; a brand new CD player has been installed in my rig, favorite CD's have been gathered and we're almost ready.

BUT.......just checked on two popular kennels in this area, to inquire about them taking care of our two 10 pound Chihuahua's and SURPRISE! They want some $375.00 to do so for 10 days.

Anyone know of a reputable and trustworthy kennel in the Dallas-Irving, Texas, area? Considering chopping off six days of kennel bills to have them travel with us to and from Texas with only a four day stay in doggie hotel.

Any recommendations? We are retired and members of AARP.......but don't yet have a cardboard sign to hold up at intersections.
Ron Stafford

Post by Ron Stafford »

Ray, you might try Angel Vet Clinic in Flower Mound. They're just a few miles north of where the convention is and they're fairly reasonable, have a brand new facility and are very dependable. I use them when I'm on the road.
2940 Long Prairie Rd (Hwy 2499), Flower Mound, TX, 75022 PH: 972-539-1800. Hope this helps.
PS: I'll be working in the Rains room during the show. Come and say hi if you get a chance.
2009 Rains Ultimate D10
2007 Rains Ultimate D10
1975 Sho-Bud Pro III Custom (retired) :-)
BJS bars
Steelseat.com seats
Billy Murdoch

Post by Billy Murdoch »

Ray,
We were at the Dallas show last year and there was a lady staying at the Sheraton,she had a delightful little dog with her.The Hotel allowed Her to have the dog in her room,She did,however have to agree a charge if the dog did any damage.
Check with the place You are staying as an option to using a kennel.
I'll even take a turn at walking the dogs if You like.
:) Billy
Mac McGhee

board the dog

Post by Mac McGhee »

Ray: My daughter in law works for Bow Wow outside Irving. I will get a rate for you and get it back ASAP.

Mac
Ray Montee

Hey Guys!

Post by Ray Montee »

MANY THANKS for the assistance.

Just hate to leave 'our kids' behind in Oregon......
as they are so little and need our company as much as we need theirs.

Will keep an eye pealed for the additional info'.
Ronnie Boettcher

Post by Ronnie Boettcher »

I almost always take my 2 dogs with me. Most motels accept them. One is a black lab, and never have a problem.
Sho-Bud LDG, Martin D28, Ome trilogy 5 string banjo, Ibanez 4-string bass, dobro, fiddle, and a tubal cain. Life Member of AFM local 142