MASGA jam in FAY/HopeMills need response

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Skip Mertz

MASGA jam in FAY/HopeMills need response

Post by Skip Mertz »

would appreciate contact from the players that are gonna be here for 2 days so we can get an idea of how to schedule the players.
We want to make sure that the players coming in for just Sat get on the program, so please let us know. See ya there, Skip
Glen E. Lanning

Post by Glen E. Lanning »

Skip, I plan to be there both days and will help out any way I can!

------------------
Dekley 8/4 (1984)
ShoBud Professional (1969?)D10 8/4
SOON to BE: Mullen U12

<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Glen E. Lanning on 10 November 2003 at 09:46 AM.]</p></FONT>
David Christmas

Post by David Christmas »

Skip, I orginally planned to attend both days, but probably will be there for the Sunday show. Thanks and see you then, David
Bowie Martin

Post by Bowie Martin »

Skip I will be there Saturday, but probably not on Sunday due to a playing conflict..See you!
Bob Hayes

Post by Bob Hayes »

Skip,
I'm planning both days. I probably won't get there till about noon on Saturday..depending on what time I leave Church Hill. And I won't leave untill we clean up on Sunday..If nothing extrodinary happens. I'll help out in anyway that I can..I'm a TEAM PLAYER!

Grouchy
Skip Mertz

Post by Skip Mertz »

Thanks guys, Bob I know your a real strong supporter at any event. If I'd have had to serve with anybody in a conflict it would be you! Dont worry about cleaning up. We'll take care of all that. You just get on the road when you need to. You got a long drive
Kenny Dail

Post by Kenny Dail »

Skip, I plan on being ther both days but I am hesitant to ask for a playing spot because of some breathing problems I seem to have developed. Sorry I can't give you definite commitment. Happy Trails....

------------------
kd...and the beat goes on...

Clyde Bloodworth

Post by Clyde Bloodworth »

Skip,
I'll be there both days.
Clyde
Chuck Campbell

Post by Chuck Campbell »

Skip,
I plan to be there both days. I'll have to keep my friend Clyde out of trouble. Looking forward to it.

------------------
Emmons LaGrande III(2 Ea) 8X5
Emmons PP D10 8X5, Carter D10
2 Peavy 1000's, a Peavy 112 and a Piper Twin Comanche

Russ

Post by Russ »

We hope to be there boyh days skip But I Really Don't have to play because you would not be missing much anyway.

------------------
Russ Kern

Ray Walker

Post by Ray Walker »

Now hold on there Russ. If you're trying to say you are going to start showing up and not playing well that just ain't a gonna happen buddy Image. You not playing at a jam would be like watching TV without any sound...You still see the picture ..ya doesn't can't hear anything Image. Now get your butt on down here and plan on playin'. Image And everyone else who thinks leavin their rigs at home is a good idea. It's not. Here's a GREAT IDEA!!! Bring your steels EVERYONE!!! Laugh with your friends and try a new lick in front of the whole crowd..If ya screwed it up laugh about it and sometime during the weekend get one of your friends to show you a new lick. If he won't....then tell me who he is and I'll show you the art of "steelin' the lick" Image. Seriously though... we have every level of player imaginable in our organization and I don't know a single one that wouldn't be just tickled to death to show us all something new if we would just ask. I owe an aweful lot to the folks in the MASGA for helping me get over the fear of playing in front of them and I have been handed lick after lick on a silver platter from most of the players. I come to hear everyone play, and I mean that sincerely. Without "ALL" of you we wouldn't be the organization we are. It's going to be a fun weekend folks so get ready to meet up with your friends have have a great time.

Ray
Bowie Martin

Post by Bowie Martin »

The MASGA jams are the most friendly anywhere. I can attest to that. I have made some of the most terrible sounds ever heard on a steel and everyone is still nice to me. And guys, we hear some of the nicest steel played anywhere, so it runs the full circle. Just come, listen, play, met fellow steelers, and have a good time..See you in Fayetteville!!
Kim Altman

Post by Kim Altman »

Hey Skip,

I'll be there both days (with my brand new, custom made Walker seat!!) and will help with whatever I can. Hope ya'll have fun in Saluda this weekend and I'll see you'uns (you like that?! Ha!) next week for dinner! Give Wash a big ol' smooch for me! Image

Cupcake Image<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Kim Altman on 15 November 2003 at 09:52 AM.]</p></FONT>
Ray Walker

Post by Ray Walker »

Cupcake???? Image
Skip Mertz

Post by Skip Mertz »

OH Man, don't ask!
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Hey Skip buddie I won't be there this comming week end . we just got back from Rhode Island and it was a sad time we had up there . One of my best freinds passed away and we went up for the wake and funneral and then yesterdays RISGA meeting Election and Jam.We just done a 1600 mile trip and need a rest. We have been on the go to Lexington Kentucky,back and forth to our Daughters in Morrisville N.C. three times for her to go to iodine Radiatin and now she has Kidney and live counts that off the wall and now they found she has Rumthoir Arthuitis.So we are going to stay home and rest up for the Wilson show in January.OK I guess Ray is not going to ask but what is this Cupcake thing going on?????HAA
Sam White
Ray Walker

Post by Ray Walker »

OK let me see if I can clear the air. Last week Kim called me and told me she was making chicken soup. Yep that's right...she was "cooking". Well after she ate some she sat down in a chair for 14 hours to see if it was going to make her sick and you will all be happy to know that it didn't. Well she got herself so fire up over the chicken soup and was beaming with pride that she thought she would bake a cake. Apparently she got the directions all screwed up and didn't add enough flour(which is understandable Image ) and when she went to the oven to get the cake out it was .....well it was really small. Thus came the nickname "Cupcake". I certainly hope this clears the air on the matter.

Sincerely,

Skeeter
Tony Prior

Post by Tony Prior »

Although I did plan on being there it seems I cannot.

Pre Thanksgiving family stuff needs to take place.

Sorry guys and gals..I'll catch you next time for sure..

TP
Jeb Baldwin

Post by Jeb Baldwin »

Skip,
I will be there both days this weekend. Looking forward to seeing all you guys there.

Jeb Baldwin
Jimmie Brown

Post by Jimmie Brown »

bump
Jimmie Brown

Post by Jimmie Brown »

bump
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Hope you all have a great time I sure will miss being there with all my Freinds.Just getting burnt out from all the trips to Vermont 3 , Rhode Island,Lexington Kentucky and three trips to Morrisville N.C. to baby sit the grand children while our Daughter had her Radiation and she has more problem her live and Kidney count is very high.
Sam White<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Samuel E. White on 21 November 2003 at 06:55 PM.]</p></FONT>
Vernon Hester

Post by Vernon Hester »

Skip,
I was coming up,but a friend wants me to set in with a Nashville group at his USC-Clemson party Saturday.
Maybe next time
Vern