Nashville C6th & Western Swing DVD Instructions

CDs, LPs, tapes, videos, tab, instruction, software
Terry Wood

Nashville C6th & Western Swing DVD Instructions

Post by Terry Wood »

This is my new C6th Steel Guitar DVD instructional course. Just got it completed this week while out of school for the big snow ice storm here in Southwest, MO.

With this steel instructional course it takes a lot of the mystery out of how to play the C6th tuning on the pedal steel guitar.

This is over an hour of C6th classic instructions. Cost only $23 order by check or money order:

Terry Wood
P.O.Box 864
Marshfield, MO 65706

Thanks and GOD bless!

Terry Wood
Last edited by Terry Wood on 12 Jul 2013 9:29 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Terry Wood

Post by Terry Wood »

Hi Steel Players,

This course helps to really simplify the C6th tuning. With this steel DVD course you will learn the tuning for strings and standard C6th pedal setup. You will also learn the close relationship between the C6th and B6th tunings.

Songs can be used for either the C6th or B6th tunings include "Oklahoma Hills," "Deep Water," a jazzy swinging version of the Gospel Classic "Jesus Loves Me." You will also learn the intro to song "Night Life." Curly Chalker's big sounding intro to "Steelin' The Blues." You will learn big chord voicings, C6th fills, intros, licks, and endings for Western Swing songs. I am recommending this steel DVD instructional course for beginners to intermediate players.

The cost is only $23 and that pays the postage to you inside the USA.

Send check or money order to:

Terry Wood
P.O. Box 864
Marshfield, MO 65706

Thanks!

Terry Wood
Last edited by Terry Wood on 12 Jul 2013 9:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Chuck Hall

C6

Post by Chuck Hall »

Terry

Do you have a web site or a place we might go listen to some short clips?

Chuck
Terry Wood

Post by Terry Wood »

Hi Chuck,

I don't have a website but I want to explain that all of my DVDs are top quality, and everything is explained and recorded up close.

Next, I play everything through at regular speed or tempo and then break the songs, intros, or licks down into segments. I explain each string, each pedal and fret and the whether I am using finger or thumb to play on each string...

If you want to contact me and ask any questions you may. My phone number is 417-468-2102 but please call evenings as teach shool days.

Here are a list of things that players should consider regarding DVD instructions:

1) If you hire a professional teacher they will charge you more than what my DVDs cost. You also only get a teacher for a short period of time, say an hour or so.

2) What information you can retain from the actual lesson taught by a teacher or recorded on a tape recorder is it. We professional teachers know, that all students can only retain a short portion of what their brain processes. So, this is why I recommend the DVD instructions as the best way to learn.

3) With the DVD instructional method the student can hear it, see it and listen to it over and over.

4) I recommend my teaching DVDs not only because I am a veteran steel player of 30+ years and spent a few years as a pro steel player, but more importantly, I am a veteran school teacher. I have taught over 6,000 students in my visual arts classes and reading classes over the past 15 years. So, I understand how to teach people where they can learn and grasp the knpwledge.

Besides that, I have taught dozens of students how to play the steel guitar, banjo and regular guitar for 25+ years.

5)My DVD instructions are very affordable, costing less than a teacher one-on-one would. Because I teach enough material on each of my DVDs that would be 2-4 hours of private steel lessons if taught face to face with a teacher. You can watch it over and over again and again.

6) None of my students have ever complained about my teaching methods. As a matter of fact, I have never received nothing but praise for my efforts. I want my students to learn and they do.

7) However, I also teach one on one and do tablature for those who want to learn that way. But for your money, the DVDs such as this one are the best purchase for your dollars.

I hope this helps and thanks!

GOD bless!

Terry Wood
Last edited by Terry Wood on 4 Feb 2009 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Terry Wood

Post by Terry Wood »

Hi CHuck,

Also I recorded this C6th DVD because there seems to be an almost mystery like quality amongst steel players, that to play this tuning is difficult.

Really there is not a mystery and my DVD simplifies a lot of that thought. Thanks!

GOD bless!

Terry
Terry Wood

Post by Terry Wood »

My other C6th course is titled "Steelin' The Blues: Curly Chalker verses Jerry Byrd styles."

The Steelin The Blues DVD steel instructional course is for intermediate players.

This Nashville C6th Steel DVD course is for everyone. I broke everything down to simplify the C6th playing. With this DVD course you'll be playing C6th quickly.

You can order both of my C6th Steel Guitar DVD instructional courses for only $42 and that pays postage inside the USA.

Terry Wood
P.O.Box 864
Marshfield, MO 65706

Thanks and GOD bless!

Terry Wood
Last edited by Terry Wood on 12 Jul 2013 9:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Terry Wood

Post by Terry Wood »

This is something I found through educational research regarding retention or memory.

Read this and then you will understand better why I recommend teaching steel guitar by DVD instructions.

Rentention or Memory rates:

Lecture - 5% (What you may remember from a teacher)

Reading - 10% (Reading about steel guitar)

Audio Visual - 20% (Listening to music & learning)

Demonstration - 30% (Listening & Seeing visual)

So your learning steel guitar by DVD instructions is far superior to having a one-on-one teacher and reading about steel, or just hearing it.

With DVD steel instructions you hear and see the lessons or materials. So in my opinion as a professional educator you are getting the audio and the demonstration.

In the past I have been on both sides of the fence, so to speak. I have taken lessons, learned from tab, learned by tape, and book. I have taught in all these ways as well.

These days, I just think the best we can do is teach by DVD and that is why I teach in this manner.

Also, again my Steel Guitar DVDs are very affordable.

Good luck and may GOD bless!

Terry Wood
Terry Wood

Post by Terry Wood »

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to call me evenings.

My home number is 417-429-3782

Thanks!

Terry Wood
Last edited by Terry Wood on 12 Jul 2013 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Terry Wood

Post by Terry Wood »

This is a great instructional DVD to start with learning the C6th tuning on pedal steel guitar.

It is very easy to follow along with and learn from. I simplify everything and make it where anyone can learn to play the C6th tuning.

Thanks!

Terry Wood
Terry Wood

Post by Terry Wood »

Hi Forum members,

You can learn how to play that other neck on your steel guitar using the C6th tuning, it's easy with this DVD instructional course.

May GOD bless!

Terry Wood
Terry Wood

Post by Terry Wood »

Bump for learning the C6th Neck!

Terry
Terry Wood

Post by Terry Wood »

The C6th steel learned easy with this DVD instructional course.

Terry Wood
Terry Wood

Post by Terry Wood »

Covers complete songs, intros, endings, fills you will use on that other neck.

A lot of people struggle with the C6th neck, that is why I did the course on DVD to make it easier to learn the C6th tuning.

This is over an hour long on C6th for only $23 for the DVD and postage inside USA.

Terry Wood
Last edited by Terry Wood on 27 Mar 2009 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Terry Wood

Post by Terry Wood »

My Western Swing tablature book is great for C6th but I really want to recommend this DVD too.

This is an excellent C6th DVD steel course, taught where anyone can learn to play the C6th neck.

Cost only $23 and inlcudes the postage inside USA.

GOD bless!

Terry Wood
Last edited by Terry Wood on 27 Mar 2009 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Terry Wood

Post by Terry Wood »

Everything was played through slowly and explained slowly.

Easy way to start learning this C6th style of steel guitar.

GOD bless!

Terry Wood
Terry Wood

Post by Terry Wood »

Great DVD for learning C6th steel.

Terry
Terry Wood

Post by Terry Wood »

This is a great DVD for learning C6th Steel.

It covers things that will help beginners and the intermediate player.

Thanks and GOD bless!

Terry Wood
Terry Wood

Post by Terry Wood »

You can learn C6th steel easy with my DVD instructional course.

Cost $23 pays postage inside USA.

Order from:

Terry Wood
P.O. Box 864
Marshfield, MO 65706

Thanks and GOD bless!

Terry Wood
Last edited by Terry Wood on 12 Jul 2013 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Terry Wood

Post by Terry Wood »

Alot of guys and gals are afraid of C6th. They act as though it were magic or something to play it. I developed this course to help take the mystery out of learning C6th.

Well, this is the best C6th DVD course I have to offer. It covers 3 complete songs, some famous C6th intros, classic Western Swing licks and endings.

The DVD is slightly over one hour long. Everything is explained, recorded up close. You can hear and see everything.

No surprises with C6th with this instructional DVD.
If you can run a remote control and have the desire to practice you can learn C6th from this DVD.

Send check or money order the cost is only $23, and that includes postage to you inside the USA.

My address:

Terry Wood
P.O. Box 864
Marshfield, MO 65706

Thanks and GOD bless!

Terry Wood
Last edited by Terry Wood on 12 Jul 2013 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Terry Wood

Post by Terry Wood »

Learn to play the C6th tuning easy with this DVD steel course. Cost only $23 includes postage.

Terry Wood
P.O.Box 864
Marshfield, MO 65706

GOD bless!

Terry Wood
Last edited by Terry Wood on 12 Jul 2013 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Terry Wood

Post by Terry Wood »

A great way to start with the C6th tuning.

A lot of players shy away from the C6th neck. With this DVD course and a little practice you will be able to play C6th easy.

Cost is only $23 and that covers the postage to you in the lower 48 states.

If you ever wanted to play C6th but shyed away from it. This DVD course is for you.

Thanks!

Terry Wood
Terry Wood

Post by Terry Wood »

This is an easy way to start learning C6th or expand with your C6th playing.

Over an hour of C6th DVD instruction for only $23 and this includes the postage in lower 48 states.

Terry Wood
Terry Wood

Post by Terry Wood »

Great C6th Steel Courses for only $23.

Thanks!

Terry
Terry Wood

Post by Terry Wood »

If you want to learn to play the C6th tuning. This is a great DVD instructional course. It is over an hour of C6th songs, intros, Western Swing licks and endings you will use.

Cost only $23

Thanks!

Terry Wood
David Kellogg

Ok

Post by David Kellogg »

Check is in the mail Terry. I'm tired of just of looking at that extra set of strings and not knowing what to do with them.