IrishSteel Guitar festival, Oct. 18th, 19th,

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Bobbe Seymour

IrishSteel Guitar festival, Oct. 18th, 19th,

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

Everybody be there, it's not that far a drive!
Sarah Jory, Gerry Hogan, Richard Nelson,Derek Thurlby, Dave Kirk, Percy Robinson, Johan Jansen, The Traveling Newburys,Allan Thompson, Mark Horn and many more great players from the world over. Yes, I'll be there too, so anyone that can get their Volvo (or DeLorian) started, come on and join the fun.

bobbeseymour
P.S.
I'm looking forward to seeing many of you in person that I have only met through the internet and on the telephone, so here's your chance to pick on me in person. Fun and music will be had by all!
<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by BobbeSeymour on 14 October 2003 at 01:27 PM.]</p></FONT><FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by BobbeSeymour on 14 October 2003 at 01:28 PM.]</p></FONT>
Johan Jansen

Post by Johan Jansen »

don't know how my name got on the list, I'm not there, however I wish I could make it Image
Good luck, it will be a great show!!!
Johan
Mike Fereday

Post by Mike Fereday »

Looking forward to seeing (and hearing) you Bobbe.

Mike
Allan Thompson

Post by Allan Thompson »

Bobbe,
I heard a rumour that it`s a knitting convention and all the single Irish women are going to be there to share their paterns with you.
Mike Sweeney

Post by Mike Sweeney »

Hope you have a great time. Wish we were going with you. Wish you had been at Bristol last weekend. You missed a good 'un.
Watch out for that Blarney Stone!

Teresa Sweeney
Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

Teresa, if I haden't been getting ready for the Irish Festival, I would have been there. I'm sure Mike did well, as always. I'll make the next one, I promise.

Johan Jansen, you ARE on the list, guess you'll have to be there.

Allen Thompson, I'm not Knitting, I'm Knit-picking! Ho Ho!

Mike Fereday, you buy the beer! I'll pour the gruel. (I just might love Ireland!)

bobbe<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by BobbeSeymour on 14 October 2003 at 07:09 PM.]</p></FONT><FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by BobbeSeymour on 14 October 2003 at 07:10 PM.]</p></FONT>
Roger Rettig

Post by Roger Rettig »

The Blarney Stone? Bobbe might not just kiss it, he might have an affair with it!

Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

Roger, I liked that one!
Ole Dantoft

Post by Ole Dantoft »

<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Ole Dantoft on 26 February 2004 at 09:13 AM.]</p></FONT>
Johan Jansen

Post by Johan Jansen »

Oh Bobbe, how I wished I could be there.....
but contracts with a band are always.....a living Image
Give Sarah a hug from me, will ya??
Johan
Bill Cook

Post by Bill Cook »

Bobbe,
Don't forget what your'e supposed to bring me back from Ireland. Thanks, Bill.
Tony Davis

Post by Tony Davis »

Hey Ole!!!!..of course they have pubs in Ireland..trouble is your timings off..they have the pubs but no beer left as Warren was just there about 2 or 3 weeks ago...so they now hav to wait for the next batch to ferment.
Make sure you say hello to my good buddy Anne Marie!!!!
Roger Rettig

Post by Roger Rettig »

We were on tour in Ireland once, and stopped at a pub - the proprieter regretted that it wasn't yet 'opening time', but invited us to come in anyway and have one while we were waiting.....

Image Image Image
Ole Dantoft

Post by Ole Dantoft »

<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Ole Dantoft on 26 February 2004 at 09:14 AM.]</p></FONT>
Tony Davis

Post by Tony Davis »

Hey Bobbe....I hope you do make t to kiss the Blarney stone....'though I am sure dont need the gift that it is supposed to endow on people.
Blarney castle is about 9 miles out of Cork I believe.....and I think Cork is about 3 hours or so drive from Drogeheda where you will be..so it will only take you seven or eight hours to fly there in your Tiger Moth !
Let me know if you get to kiss the stone and I will tell you he true history about it.

And yeh Ole and all my other friends.....have a good time....anyone will point AMOK out to you...give her a Hug !!!
Tony
Tony Davis

Post by Tony Davis »

Damn James !!!!..you done gone spoilt all the fun!!!!...I wanted to see his face when I told him !!!!
David L. Donald

Post by David L. Donald »

I think Bobbe already has the gift!
He sure can spin the stories to the ladies. Image
Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

Well, it's over, my head is still spinning.
I think the some of the nicest folks/players in the world.I sure am impressed with Europeans, there playing AND personality. Ole' came from Scandinavia, and several others from almost as far. Many from France, Germany, England, Scotland, Lou from the Isle of Jersey,and the Netherlands.
Johan, I missed you buddy, and you won't believe the fun you missed.
Doug Jernigan was waiting for me at the airport when I got back to hear the latest news, and to find out how I liked the food!
Well, enough of this post, I just wanted to say thanks to all involved, A great country full of great people. This seems to apply to the all of Europe. I left part of my heart and soul over there.
Bobbe